What is your favorite and least favorite Mario game?

Best: Super Mario 64 DS. Super Mario Galaxy may top the chart, though.

Worst: Mario is Missing. Couldn't make head or tail of the d*** game.

FTW = super smash bros (original) (Until brawl gets out, then I will pwn in that :evilgrin: )

FTL: SMS (Never use a seirious storyline in Mario)

Not counting the PCs and "edutainment" (all education, no entertainment), or the Smashes:
Favorite: Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
Least Favorite: Super Mario Sunshine

Opinion is quite subject to change, especially since I have a load of games coming in this Christmas. >_>

Dodoman said:
Not counting the PCs and "edutainment" (all education, no entertainment), or the Smashes:
Favorite: Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
Least Favorite: Super Mario Sunshine

Opinion is quite subject to change, especially since I have a load of games coming in this Christmas. >_>

Lucky cuss.

My cousins had so better get new games for Christmas. :twisted:

If I was not to pick an edutainment title, I'd probably pick Hotel Mario, but since I've never actually played it, I'd go with Yoshi's Island DS. Sorry, but that game annoys me greatly.

Favorite: PM2

Least: Super Muriu 694

Sorr,y I hated 64. :|

Uniju said:
I was really pretty sure I posted here already, but...

Fav: Super Mario 64. - Best game ever until a better one came out later.
Least Fav: Super Paper Mario. - ...Horrible gameplay, its like a lame platformed being weighed down by a bunch of cheap RPG-like elements tossed in. The story kinda sucked, and it was all way to cheesy(Especially the end). The music was... Just plain lame. Most of the new characters in it where bland, and all seemed exactly the same. A lot of the other stuff was just borrowed from the last two Paper Mario games. Minimal use of motion sensing... Must I go on?

I agree. SPM did fail to please.

Favourite: SMW, SMB3, SMG, SM64DS, SPM, MSCF, uhhhh...
Least: Yoshi Touch and Go

Uniju said:
I was really pretty sure I posted here already, but...

Fav: Super Mario 64. - Best game ever until a better one came out later.
Least Fav: Super Paper Mario. - ...Horrible gameplay, its like a lame platformed being weighed down by a bunch of cheap RPG-like elements tossed in. The story kinda sucked, and it was all way to cheesy(Especially the end). The music was... Just plain lame. Most of the new characters in it where bland, and all seemed exactly the same. A lot of the other stuff was just borrowed from the last two Paper Mario games. Minimal use of motion sensing... Must I go on?

IMO, Super Paper Mario was awesome.

I find the fusion of those elements to be quite enjoyable. Might just be me, but I think not ALL platformers should have a hero with 3-5 health and should have enemies that do 1 damage.

The story sucked. I agree.
"KISS ME, UGLY." "OMG PLOT TWIST. :O"

I found most of the music lame also, though Mr. L's theme rocked out loud.

Many new characters were enjoyable. Dimentio, anyone? Fracktail? While some (*coughO'Chunkscough*) were not needed, quite a few were very nice additions.

It's a series. They're supposed to have stuff to do with each other. And much of it was NOT borrowed from the last 2. Francis! :O 3D flipping!

Too much motion sensing seems cheesy and tacked on. Also, this game was orginally for the GameCube, so the motion sensing was kinda' last minute.

This is just my opinion. I realize this will more than likely not change yours. I just wanted to waste my time typing this. =P

I agree with you on the story, motion sensing, and characters.

Overall, it seemed kinda weak. Most of the problem was they built it up like the second coming of Jesus, then it failed to deliver for many.

Dimentio was OK. Pretty much every trashed villian idea made into a being of darkness.

Mr. L was lame.

I think SMG is overrated, like SMB3. Both are pretty awesome games, but they aren't much better (if any) than lower rated games like MSCF.

PaperStriker said:
I think SMG is overrated, like SMB3. Both are pretty awesome games, but they aren't much better (if any) than lower rated games like MSCF.

:O *kills* How dare you compare Galaxy and Super Mario Bros. 3 to Charged?! Charged may have been fun, but the two former were some of the best Mario games ever. :| Sheesh.

ChaosNinji said:
PaperStriker said:

:O *kills* How dare you compare Galaxy and Super Mario Bros. 3 to Charged?! Charged may have been fun, but the two former were some of the best Mario games ever. :| Sheesh.

QFT

ChaosNinji said:
PaperStriker said:

Being fun is the main reason for being good. And you needn't take my opinion seriously. I even thought once, SPM was the best Mario game ever. :wink:

ChaosNinji said:
PaperStriker said:

CHAOSNINJI AM QFT NAO.

Seriously...

Smiddle said:
ChaosNinji said:
PaperStriker said:

CHAOSNINJI AM QFT NAO.

Seriously...

I do indeed agree, old chap.

PaperStriker said:
ChaosNinji said:
PaperStriker said:

Being fun is the main reason for being good. And you needn't take my opinion seriously. I even thought once, SPM was the best Mario game ever. :wink:

What about plot? Entertainment? Sound? Replayability? A game needs all of these to be good.

Super Paper Mario was good, IMO.

Uniju said:
Super Paper Mario had a lame plot, awful gameplay, bad sounds, and too much replay value to bother with, since the gameplay sucks too much to play through it.

End of story.

The plot was lame, indeed.

I don't see how it had awful gameplay. It was a standard platformer that added dimension flipping feature, which was a nice touch, IMHO.

I found the sound to be nostalgic and the new songs to be rather good. http://youtube.com/watch?v=MgSFL3_dgTE&feature=related
A Sample of good music from the game.

Much of that replay value was good, such as the 100 Sammer Guy challenge and the Flip/Flopside pits, becuase the game controls were NOT broken.

There ya' go. :P

I liked Super Paper Mario better then the other two. The 3-D flipping is what I liked.

But back on topic, I disliked Super Mario Bros. 2 the most and liked Super Mario Sunshine the most. Don't even start, I know most people don't like SMS but I do.

Back