Mario and Wario's True Relation?

Both of them are from Italy, but they're from different parts. Wario is from Sicilia since he loves garlic and speaks with such an accent.

Free Loader said:
Smiddle said:
Both of them are from Italy, but they're from different parts. Wario is from Sicilia since he loves garlic and speaks with such an accent.
Ind33d. Mario is from southern Italy, and Wario is from Sicily, that's why they hate egother each other. This has been brought up before.
Rudnicki will now propose marriage to the both of you. Congratulations.

I feel that Wario is merely a person who is jealous of Mario's popularity. He dresses himself up similarly to Mario, and even gave himself a name that is similar to Mario's. Though Wario has been defeated by Mario, and has teamed up with him nonetheless, he still holds a grudge against Mario for what now? His popularity. Wario has the illusion that if he were to become as popular as Mario, he would receive a great abundance of money, when in actuality, Mario does not have much money.

Stooben Rooben said:
Free Loader said:
Smiddle said:
Ind33d. Mario is from southern Italy, and Wario is from Sicily, that's why they hate egother each other. This has been brought up before.

I feel that Wario is merely a person who is jealous of Mario's popularity. He dresses himself up similarly to Mario, and even gave himself a name that is similar to Mario's. Though Wario has been defeated by Mario, and has teamed up with him nonetheless, he still holds a grudge against Mario for what now? His popularity. Wario has the illusion that if he were to become as popular as Mario, he would receive a great abundance of money, when in actuality, Mario does not have much money.
You got this from the Mario VS Wario comic, didn't you?

Mario and Wario's names are too much of a coincedence to be strangers a good part of their lives.

Magitroopa said:
Stooben Rooben said:
Free Loader said:
Smiddle said:

You got this from the Mario VS Wario comic, didn't you?
Nope. I've never read a Nintendo comic in my life.

Free Loader said:
You say that as if they're strangers. They've obviously known each other for quite a while, and they're naming similarities may just be a coincidence, or maybe they're actually twins and they're parents wanted to name them similarly. Of course, Yoshi's Island gets in the way of that, so maybe they're named similarly in some kind of Mushroom Kingdom-tradition way. We have no idea what kind of naming traditions they have in the Mushroom Kingdom, but if we did know than it would probably explain the similar names of Mario and Wario and Luigi and Waluigi.
Well, I didn't particularly mean that they were "strangers", but I definitely didn't mean that they were friends. I'd say that they're strongly begrudging towards each other. The thought of them being twins could be somewhat logical when it comes down to the naming similarities, but the fact that their physical appearance varies somewhat greatly takes away from that theory quite a bit. I've always felt that Wario & Waluigi are brothers, and the same for Mario & Luigi; but I base that mainly on their similarities in appearance. Now, I might go as far as to say that Mario & Wario are cousins, making Luigi & Waluigi second(?) cousins.

Free Loader said:
Toadbert101 said:
Toad48 said:
Wario Is the future Mario.............. Kind Of

...mind explaining?

..'
Mario in the future is upset with what he has become(greedy fatty Wario who has no meaning to his life), and decides to go back in time and try to stop himself from becoming that by messing up his life(if Wario could invent something that goes into a magical TV dimension, he can invent a time machine. Didn't Mario do that before anyway?)

I hate it when sh** like that happens. :(

Free Loader said:
Toadbert101 said:
Toad48 said:

...mind explaining?

..'
Mario in the future is upset with what he has become(greedy fatty Wario who has no meaning to his life), and decides to go back in time and try to stop himself from becoming that by messing up his life(if Wario could invent something that goes into a magical TV dimension, he can invent a time machine. Didn't Mario do that before anyway?)
Interesting.

According to Nintendo Power (Can't remember what issue) Mario and Wario are cousins.

Nick Abuse said:
According to Nintendo Power (Can't remember what issue) Mario and Wario are cousins.
Wow, really?

So he changed his trademark name, trademark clothes, trademark 'stache, trademark appearance, and trademark everything? Interesting story, and even sadder than Michael Jackson's changing of race.

Free Loader said:
Toadbert101 said:
Toad48 said:

...mind explaining?

..'

Yeah, that's even more ridiculous than that "clone" theory.

You say that as if they're strangers. They've obviously known each other for quite a while, and they're naming similarities may just be a coincidence, or maybe they're actually twins and they're parents wanted to name them similarly. Of course, Yoshi's Island gets in the way of that, so maybe they're named similarly in some kind of Mushroom Kingdom-tradition way. We have no idea what kind of naming traditions they have in the Mushroom Kingdom, but if we did know than it would probably explain the similar names of Mario and Wario and Luigi and Waluigi.

Come to think of it, I doubt that Wario and Waluigi were even born with those names. Odds are that "Wario and "Waluigi" were childhood nicknames that stuck.

Waluigi is Wario's brother...

And Wario is Mario's cousin, which makes Waluigi Mario's cousin as well.
(I'm pretty sure they[mario/wario]'s relationship has been mentioned in multiple game manuals and maybe a trophy description... I don't have solid proof with me right now though.)

Back