The Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes

Lyn said:
Lapis Lazuli said:
it's basically going to suck for people that don't have three 3DS' to play together
How?

It has online play to remedy this.

I actually forgot when I wrote that. But that still makes it rough for people that are on the go when they want to play this game. Basically I when I get back to school - where the 3DS is unable to connect to the school's wi-fi there - I won't be able to do any online play.

They're probably really small dungeons. Like the opposite of Spirit Tracks where it only had five dungeons but still ended up being a decently long game.

This game is probably going to be just dungeons and nothing else. Not to mention they're probably going to be really small like DF said, where they last like 10 minutes, so it probably won't be long.

Like, Majora's Mask only has 5 dungeons, and it's a very long game. So I rather have quality over quantity. I dunno; I wasn't impressed with the some of the dungeons in ALBW, and since they are using a very similar - if not the same - engine for the game, it'll probably be the same.

I know it feels like I'm already downing this game, especially since I love Zelda, but it's just not looking promising and it doesn't feel like it's really "Zelda".

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/3DS/Legend+of+Zelda%3A+Tri+Force+Heroes/news.asp?c=67661

"region-locked online"

all my cry, rip playing this with anyone else

Unlike the last co-op Zelda game, Four Swords, you sadly can't play with just two players. But if you go online with just one friend, you'll automatically be paired with a random third player.
Everyone shares hearts and rupees, so you're working together in the main.

So you'll share your health and money, so your success lies in the hands of someone you don't even know. Cue people who only connect to disrupt other player teams. Enabling trolling, classy move.

Unlike the last co-op Zelda game, Four Swords, you sadly can't play with just two players. But if you go online with just one friend, you'll automatically be paired with a random third player.

One would think it is 2015, but I guess not.

So the game is all about clothes. The story - some nonsense about Princess Styla and a witch who stole her sense of style - revolves around fashion, and so does the game's economy.

You know, if you have to have an excuse plot, at least make it entertaining and silly. Like, oh no, Link's uncle found Link's hidden stash of gay pride costumes in the closet. He's making him get rid of them by saying Link couldn't possibly have a use for ALL of them. Now it is your turn to wear as many fancy getups as you can to prove him wrong!

Anyway, this game sounds kind of garbage-y.

Lyn said:
http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/3DS/Legend+of+Zelda%3A+Tri+Force+Heroes/news.asp?c=67661

"region-locked online"

I was interested to play this with Smg2daisy but now it seems I won't get the game.

Well, my opinions have not changed at all about this, but the region-lock might as well be what kills the sales of this game. I really don't know why they would region-lock the game, since this game relies on online multiplayer to basically play the game.

All I know is that I'm going solo and just doing the non-multiplayer version since that'll probably be all the only why I can play it, especially since my 3DS doesn't connect to the wi-fi at my uni. At least they were smart enough to include a non-multi version or else this would sell less than it'll already sell. I would not be surprise if this only gets a couple hundred-thousand sales.

I'm so excited for this game. The story is so hilariously ridiculous, it's good. Plus, I like the fashion element and I can see some funny things happening online at least.

Lyn said:

"region-locked online"

What the heck? Why? This game doesn't even have voice chat or anything. The only explanation I could see is for lag. Have you tried to confirm if it doesn't apply to friends.

chillv said:
Have you tried to confirm if it doesn't apply to friends.
In the article said:
Also, you can only play with people on the same region. That should help with latency issues, but is a shame if you wanted to play with friends from around the world.

Basically kills any reason I have to buy the game to be honest.

So I played the demo.

The game is fun, but looking at the content and the fucking price (and appearently region lock), there's no way this game is gonna sell.

got the demo as well and i think the game's pretty cool, but i probably wouldn't buy it full price :V

edit: in detail
the communication in this game is actually not that bad, but tbh it's not good enough. they've given you enough prompts so that you can tell your teammates to do simple things if you spam the right button a few times, but being restricted to 8 kinds of messages makes saying things like "NO STOP GOING FOR THE CHEST WE NEED TO FIRE THE ARROW AT THE BALL FIRST YOU FUCK" kind of hard

the puzzles are simple and tbh the only challenge is trying to communicate with your teammates to solve it. it can get really frustrating especially with the lag i've gotten a few times

the outfits are neat. the zelda dress is the best btw, but tingle's is a close second. sucks how you can't change your outfit without going into a dungeon

but yeah, if there's ever a price reduction i'll certainly grab this. its simple and fun, plus the music is great, but all-in-all it doesn't have enough to justify its pricetag imo

yeah its main problem is that its way too expensive

this wouldve made a good eshop title but not a full priced game lol

I ended up with this game for my birthday instead of Link Between Worlds but okay.

So far it's reasonably solid besides the region lock, but I've found that while you can have two people playing locally and the third be online, this does not apply to download play. If one player is using download play then the third person has to be local. So basically I can't play this with my brother at all.

Back