Star Fox Zero

There goes the only Wii U game for the holiday season.

Man, aside from Splatoon and Mario Maker, Nintendo hasn't released much in the way of substantial Wii U games this year.

the wii u is pretty much dead right now.

Porky Minch said:
the wii u is pretty much dead right now.
Sort of. All we got left is Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash and Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival.
these games will boost the wii u sales

Now we wait for Zelda U.

So a few YouTubers got to interview Miyamoto about Star Fox:

I haven't watched all of them yet, but there's plenty of info to be found here.

in the game theory one:

Shigeru Miyamoto: "When they translated [roll] it as barrel roll, it reminded me of donkey kong and I approved the term."

also his face when the interviewer denies him the hi-five

Reviewers have started getting their copies and man, this game keeps looking better and better!

(proper gameplay starts at 13:45)

Apparently the uploader was an idiot and broke the embargo date. Reviewer footage should roll out starting next week.

posting this for the benefit of gamefreak75

I've been largely avoiding footage in fear of spoilers, but that video looked really good and I honestly don't think it looks as bad as people are saying.

Looking forward to it.

Well, I picked up this game and the Slippy game.

The controls are definitely....something...I need to play more to see if I improve. Only completed the first three levels.

Picked it up and loving it. Wasn't sure how I'd go with the controls (especially after how God awful Command's were) but I'm adapting. They work well, just need to build up the muscle memory.

Titania is a mess of stress just like in Lylat Wars. I had to turn it off after completing it because I just needed a breather.

I've played a few hours and while I'm still adapting to the controls, I gotta say I love the soundtrack, seriously that moment when the Arwings dive through Corneria's atmosphere and swiftly transition to gliding across the sea's surface is fantastic, so much better than... this. (please don't hate me for saying that I didn't grow up with 64, I suppose I was already rocking to the SNES theme while brawling on Lylat Cruise, and the music for the Corneria Melee stage was also fantastic, I didn't know it wasn't a cover of the 64 theme, so when I heard the actual music I was disappointed).

Then again, maybe there's a reason I got right into Corneria's new theme, because it opens up suspiciously similar to a certain other game I've played quite a bit already...

Edit:
This game is dedicated to our wingman who fell in battle.
This is wonderful of them to put this in, that is all.

I got the game two hours ago and played up to Titania. I love it!!!! This is the true sequel to SF64 I always wanted.

Oboro said:
The controls are definitely....something...I need to play more to see if I improve. Only completed the first three levels.

Did you switch to "activate only when firing"? (Upper right corner when paused)

yeah tbh ive just heard too much shit about the controls to ever pick this up

i saw one diagram showing someone trying to recline so they can hold the gamepad between the screen and their face and it just seemed... to not work at all

Nabber said:
yeah tbh ive just heard too much shit about the controls to ever pick this up

i saw one diagram showing someone trying to recline so they can hold the gamepad between the screen and their face and it just seemed... to not work at all

lmao, that's the loltaku review

The reviewer is, predictably, an idiot. By setting on the alternate motion control scheme, you can hold the gamepad as you would any controller and do tiny movement to aim the crosshair. Those diagrams are complete bullshit.

Back