Please Suggest me N64 games.

DragonFreak

Everything that drowns me makes me wanna fly!
So I realized that in my huge list of games to play I don't have like any N64 games and it kind of bothers me. So yeah suggest me games.

Games I already have on my list:
Banjo Kazooie (and sequel)
Kirby 64
Conker
Yoshi Story

Games I have already played/don't wan't to play:
Any of the Mario games
Any of the Zelda games
DK64
MK64
Smash 64
And just because somebody is going to say it (and probably still will) Superman 64

pokemon snap
pokemon puzzle league
pokemon stadium 1 + 2
diddy kong racing

Haruhi Suzumiya said:
pokemon snap
ffff i knew i was forgetting a prominent game that I wanted to play and I think this was it.
Haruhi Suzumiya said:
pokemon puzzle league
I remember hearing about this game from somewhere but I forgot everything about it besides what'a obvious.
Haruhi Suzumiya said:
pokemon stadium 1 + 2
Japan's 1 or 2 or America's 1 and 2?
Haruhi Suzumiya said:
diddy kong racing
I'm kind of meh on racing games, but I heard a lot of really good things about this so I think I will put it on my list.

American Pokémon Stadium 1+2 most likely, Japanese 1 only supports like 60 Pokémon and doesn't have minigames or any of the things that made the other ones fun.

Other games 2 play that haven't been mentioned:
- Star Fox 64 / Lylat Wars
- Mickey Speedway USA
- Rayman 2: The Great Escape
- Wave Race

Others that I've had recommended to me:
- Goldeneye
- Perfect Dark
- Jet Force Gemini

I also second all the ones TFP mentioned

DragonFreak said:
america's
i have no clue what japan's 1+2 are lol

I'm kind of meh on racing games, but I heard a lot of really good things about this so I think I will put it on my list.
story mode is what makes this game so fun
well, and playing with ur friends

Chiaki Nanami said:

I was about to walk into this thread and flaunt every possible way to play Rayman 2, gosh darn it Fanta.

I recommend every game that has been mentioned so far, and I'm also gonna throw in support for Star Fox 64.

here's all n64 games that are worth playing, for reference

-ANY Rare Game (Goldeneye 007, Jet Force Gemini, Banjo Kazooie, Perfect Dark, Banjo Tooie, Donkey Kong 64 and Conker's Bad Fur Day), except for DKR because I think it's boring. I don't know Killer Instict Gold either. Else you cannot really do anything wrong with Rare.
-Super Mario 64
-Super Smash Bros.
-Paper Mario
-Mario Party 1-3 (even though 1 is really bad compared to 2&3 I would actually recommend to start with it.)
-Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask
-Turok (idk 2 & 3, the first one is a pretty solid FPS)
-Starfox 64

Stay Away from:
-Mario Kart 64 - Personal recommendation, it's a really bad game compared to newer installments.
-A Bug's Life
-Superman 64

Note: IDK about any pokemon games. I cannot recommend either Rayman 2 or Buck Bumble because I am against Ubisoft as a company, but at least Buck Bumble was a pretty good game.
Note2: I own the ps1 version of A bug's life, and it sucks a lot, but the n64 version is a lot worse, and probably the worst game on the console save for Superman 64.
Note3: Other N64 games I've played/I've seen a playthrough from:
-Pilotwings 64 (can't really recommend it)
-Quest 64 (seems to be about the only rpg on the console, only watched an AGDQ run and it looked kinda odd so idk)
-Sin & Punishment (forgot if this even came out outside of japan, looked interesting)
-Kirby 64 (okay for kirby fans i guess)
-Dr. Mario 64 (just wtf)
-Yoshi's Stpry (a really good game, but also really short)
-Tetrisphere, though i forgot about everything about that one.

Chill Freak, Rayman is Ubisoft France (along with Child of Light) ie not the shitty departments of Ubisoft

Also rip Blast Corps in your Rareware list. Also Diddy Kong Racing is perf how dare you.

also lol people recommending things DF didn't want recommended (Mario, Zelda, Smash, etc)

Chiaki Nanami said:
Chill Freak, Rayman is Ubisoft France (along with Child of Light) ie not the shitty departments of Ubisoft

i still dont trust them

Chiaki Nanami said:
Also rip Blast Corps in your Rareware list.

I forgot that even existed

well i never played it either so eh

Chiaki Nanami said:
Also Diddy Kong Racing is perf how dare you.

sorry i grew up with Crash Team Racing for the ps1 which is like cloned from DKR but does everything better than it.

Chiaki Nanami said:
also lol people recommending things DF didn't want recommended (Mario, Zelda, Smash, etc)

i said for reference, also i didnt even read op because i dont care

sorry i grew up with Crash Team Racing for the ps1 which is like cloned from DKR but does everything better than it.
This triggers me

Though iirc CTR is more of a MK clone and doesn't have the single player adventure awesomeness that DKR has.

Any Nintendo 64 game with the word "64" on the title is good.

Chiaki Nanami said:
This triggers me

Though iirc CTR is more of a MK clone and doesn't have the single player adventure awesomeness that DKR has.
I have no clone except that fool behind the mirror

Also I thought CTR does have an adventure mode. I've never played DKR so I can't compare.

As for N64 games, there's really nothing I can think of that is not on the don't request or hasn't already been said

Chiaki Nanami said:
This triggers me

r u kidding me the adventure mode was the best part about the game.

cant help but compare it with dkr and mk64 and ctr just got superior track design and controls a lot better imo

also i cant rate multiplayer in dkr because i only played it solo.

Chiaki Nanami said:
- Star Fox 64 / Lylat Wars
I've been meaning to star fox
Chiaki Nanami said:
I've been meaning to Rayman someday.
Chiaki Nanami said:
- Goldeneye
Oh right I remember playing this game. I used to play the hell out of it. Might still put it on the list for replay.
Chiaki Nanami said:
- Perfect Dark
- Jet Force Gemini
Not quite sure what these are, but I believe they are from Rare so onto the list they go.
Glitchy said:
I recommend Paper Mario 64.
Been there done that.
Captain America said:
Added
Haruhi Suzumiya said:
DragonFreak said:
america's
i have no clue what japan's 1+2 are lol

story mode is what makes this game so fun
Neat!
Haruhi Suzumiya said:
well, and playing with ur friends
lol friends

Eri Ayase said:
Chiaki Nanami said:
Chill Freak, Rayman is Ubisoft France (along with Child of Light) ie not the *bleep*ty departments of Ubisoft

i still dont trust them

The creator of Rayman actually rebelled against Ubisoft's decision to delay Rayman Legends.

You shouldn't hate a game because of a ----ty company doing other things.

Yes it's exactly that

whenever Ubisoft has a good game they go out of their way to somehow destroy it either by ruining it's good name or murdering your wife and children.

#AC

Yet they didn't do that with Rayman series overall and Child of Light

And Beyond Good & Evil, the only thing bad was that it never got that sequel people wanted.

Yeah I used to not hate Ubisoft

it just kinda developed with some of their recent games like AC 2-5, Watch Dogs, the Just Dance series, Tom Clancy Games, Far Cry.

And I didn't like Rayman that much to begin with. I played some of 2 on the Dreamcast and I couldn't really get into it.

It's kiiiiinda like my relationship with capcom in recent years, but I still do have faith in them because there's a long history of games they made that I love, while I don't have that with Ubisoft.

Back