Who should direct the live action Mulan? (Poll)

Who should direct Mulan?

• Ang Lee

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Peter Jackson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kathryn Bigelow

• James Cameron (Which is unlikely at this point seeing how he's working on sequels to Dances with Na'

• Steven Spielberg

• Edward Zwick

• Martin Scorsese

• Ridley Scott

• Other (Please specify)

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

supermariofan

Dry Bowser
Since Disney recently announced that they're getting lazier--errr I mean that they're doing a live action Mulan, who do you think should direct? I swear though, if they get Michael Bay, I'm gonna flip the *bleep* out.

These people in the poll are my preferred choices (Although Scorsese is a maybe for me despite being my favorite director), but Ang Lee is my most preferred.

Why would you want to remake a perfect movie?

I voted other for Michael Bay

nah just kidding, I want to see Wes Anderson do it, see how he would handle it.

Where did you pull this information from?

Is this remake officially confirmed?

tbh I don't see how any of these directors would be appropriate; just because they're the quick go-to big names of hollywood directing doesn't mean they'd fit this so ??????????????

Either way I won't judge this until I see it because I don't have a gut instinct to hate everything disney does before knowing what it is. Who knows, it could be fantastic. The other live action remakes have been gr8, the only ones I'm dreading are The Jungle Book since there's two of them competing and both casts don't seem very appropriate.

Matthew Bellamy said:
I voted other for Michael Bay

nah just kidding, I want to see Wes Anderson do it, see how he would handle it.
as great as anderson is this really wouldn't fit his themes at all
Derpl Zork said:
tbh I don't see how any of these directors would be appropriate; just because they're the quick go-to big names of hollywood directing doesn't mean they'd fit this so ??????????????

Either way I won't judge this until I see it because I don't have a gut instinct to hate everything disney does before knowing what it is. Who knows, it could be fantastic. The other live action remakes have been gr8, the only ones I'm dreading are The Jungle Book since there's two of them competing and both casts don't seem very appropriate.
nah, it's not just a random list of directors; they're all known for doing well-received action films

i'd go with ang lee since he's actually chinese, but i don't really think a big-name director is really that necessary

I know who they are. I know they're big name award-winning action directors. That's my point. I never said they were random so implying that's what I meant is a complete misinterpretation.

What I meant was actually what you said: "i'd go with ang lee since he's actually chinese, but i don't really think a big-name director is really that necessary"

Back