Do You know any obscure shows?

Vaporwave™ said:
I think this would count as obscure too
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yvon_of_the_Yukon

oh damn i rememer that

it was always on early in the morning

that's all i remember about it

winstein said:
In terms of obscure cartoons that come to mind, there are Legend of the Dragon and Argai: The Prophecy. The former I guess I won't talk about because I heard is supposed to be a terrible show, but I did watch through the first season.
I remember seeing Legend of the Dragon on early morning tv sometimes, if I woke up early.

Yeah, it was terrible. I'm a little surprised I remembered the name.

Dude, that's a show that's on Nickelodeon right now.

You gotta dig a little deeper. If you're gonna put a show that was on Nick, put something like
MV5BMjAwMjIyMTgxMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTE2MTQzMQ@@._V1_SY317_CR2,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

There's this really stupid show called the League of super evil. I don't know if it's really obscure but. i saw it on once before.

These are some modifications after I watched episode 42 of this show.

Story: The king of the Beasts got shot by the hunters, leaving him dead and making his cubs orphans. And evil Tiger wants to be the next king but he has to kill the protagonist in order to do so. The good animals are taking care of the lion cubs and are trying to train Simba to be the perfect king. The story does not seem that similiar to the Lion King but it is still having some similiar traits.

Characters: Some of the characters are either the actual characters from the Jungle Book, the Lion King, and Bambi or they are they are only named after them, I can't decide which but they are quite loosely based on them. The characters that are "copies" are:
Simba, Kaa, Bagheera, Baloo, and Shere-Khan, and Bambi(actually Bimbo in the Italian version later known as Buckshot)

Best of the characters: Despite having being based on established ones, they are loosely similiar. It also helps that some of them are original.

Worst of the characters: The lack of creativity in naming some of the characters, that they were called after existing ones. Some of the character design is kind of weird such as the insects, especially the caterpillars and the butterflies because they look like pink or blue sasuages and the butterflies have halos for some reason, not to mention the eyes are kind of unsettling. Some characters are under developed and are dropped without explanation. It was pointless giving Simba 2 sisters when they never did anything but play around.

My favorite characters: I like Buckshot because his voice sounds like Buster's, a character from Arthur. I also like Kaa because he is closer to his book version only lacking his hypnotism, plus the way it he is animated seems impressive.

My unfavorite characters: Arbor the talking tree, he seems to be a Mary Sue because he is too perfect and almost everyone praises him of being the best of stuff. There also the fact that he is powerful enough to kill Shere-Khan but for some reason he does not do it, like if he is enjoying the suffering of the other characters. Why does he not defeat Shere-Khan a lot earlier? When I saw him I thought he made everything lame because he is too powerful but he is selfish. There is also the fact that he made Simba more powerful by giving him a cape making Shere-Khan non threatening and I bet the final fight is going to be unfair because Shere-Khan is just a tiger who is against a superhero lion.
It is unusual for me to hate dinosaurs, but I hate a brown dinosaur named Flash. He is just like Arbor(see above) because he is overpowered making me root for the "villains" instead of the heroes due to being the underdogs. Unlike Arbor, he steals the spotlight from the other characters, and he does not even talk. Even if he had been toned down later, he still gets unnecessary attention because the animators love him for some reason. He looks like a cross between Tommy Pickles and a wingless dragon. Like Arbor, he sticks like a sore thumb because he looks like he belongs to another show.

Simba during episode 42 and maybe after: He got tired of Shere Khan and he decided to end the tiger's evil schemes for once for all. Simba separates the tiger from his army and attacks him because he is an orphan because of Shere Khan. Shere Khan was spared only to attack Simba later. You may expect Simba to beat him up and let him runaway and everything would be fine. Instead Simba deliberately kills the tiger with no regret. He is just not any better than Shere Khan even if the tiger made him an orphan. Just watch this episode and maybe the whole show and you will lose his sympathy because he is just as evil(er) as Shere Khan but only having a better publicity.
Another complaint of Arbor: He created a dimension filled with dinosaurs that almost killed Simba and his crew and he thought it was funny and for some reason he is still a "good" character. Worst of all, he realized he is "not" irritating enough and he created Flash just to make people angry. He encouraged Simba to kill Shere Khan making me hate the lion.
[/quote]

winstein said:
In terms of obscure cartoons that come to mind, there are Legend of the Dragon and Argai: The Prophecy. The former I guess I won't talk about because I heard is supposed to be a terrible show, but I did watch through the first season.

For the latter, I am not sure what, but I think I have a certain interest to it even though I never watch it again after the initial run, especially because I got to see the final episode. I guess it has to do with some things I don't get from the first viewing.
More info (pretty sure at least some of it's on YouTube too):

Glowsquid said:
Argai: La prophétie

Turn of the millenium French cartoon about an Arthurian Knight lion who somehow gets transported to a cyberpunk future ruled by a female cobra witch (?) and fascist robot ants, and buddies up with a detective agency. Remember it being quite tightly plotted and dramatic.

Vaporwave™ said:
I think this would count as obscure too
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yvon_of_the_Yukon
I remember seeing ads for the show, but was off-put by the omnipresent underwear and gag humour. I liked the Inuit kid, tho, from my hazy recollections of the odd clip I saw here and there...

man being ian was my fucking jam. we had a dvd player in our family car and i cant count the number of times we watched the being ian movie

Okay here's a question. Does anyone remember a show about 3 friends (possibly brothers) that had sort of punk rockerish hairstyles. They also very frequently went to an arcade. I believe one of them was a sort of science nerd character if that helps. The way the characters were drawn made them look like they had beaks sort of. Their heads were shaped a lot like this guy with the yellow hair in this comic strip:
tumblr_n8i0x2pT7V1r1tg9zo7_1280.jpg

This request is probably really stupid however because I could be getting any number of these details wrong.

Helios Aesthetics said:
man being ian was my fucking jam. we had a dvd player in our family car and i cant count the number of times we watched the being ian movie

I remember that show, but I never really watched it.

My Dad the Rockstar

Corneil and Bernie

Kaput and Zosky

Kappa Mikey

There were a ton of Nicktoons Network shows that time has forgotten.

this real obscure show called today

nobodys even heard of it

its about a black guy whos a weatherman who wants to see whats happening in everyones neck of the woods

now for real, another Nicktoons Network show, Random Cartoons

it was a collection of pilots just like Oh Yeah or What a Cartoon

three shows came out of it

fanboy and chum chum, adventure time, and bravest warriors

Glitchy said:
Helios Aesthetics said:
I remember that show, but I never really watched it.
Same.

Back