What game should I get?

NEXandGBX

One Tough Cream Puff
Pronouns
He/Him
MarioWiki
NEXandGBX
Today, I reached a dilemma in my gaming. Usually when I beat a game, I go play another game I hadn't beat. If there were none, or there weren't any I wanted to play, I would just get a new one. When I beat Fire Emblem Awakening today, the first step went okay. I looked at my incomplete games and didn't really find any that interested me. The next step would be to get a new game. Considering that a chance to get a few new ones are around the corner, it seemed great! So I just looked for a game I wanted, and...

...well, I couldn't find any. Generally, when the opportunities open to get a new game, there's a game that I want. However, this time around, everything that I want doesn't come out for quite some time. The scarceness of hype games lately just leaves me hanging. By the time Christmas rolls around, i'm always prepared, due to the hype news that happens most of the year apart. When the April 1st Nintendo Direct rolled around, I figured there was hope! But, most of my wanted games don't come out for at least a few months.

So, I am now open to suggestions. However, I actually am looking for fairly unique things to add to my collection, rather than the usual, but I don't want anything too unfamiliarizing. Also looking for things of which I can get into it's series or genre. I also will not buy a new console just to get one game. Things that are like my other games are not completely excluded, but will probably not get picked. A fairly long game would be nice too,

Feel free to go nuts with suggestions.

Lyn said:
What 3DS games you already own?
For sake of simplicity, i'll just list all of the games I have off of the top of my head.

3DS
-------------------
Completed
--------------
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Pokemon Y
Pokemon Omega Ruby
Yoshi's New Island (i forget why i have this, it's pretty meh)
Paper Mario: Sticker Star (per above)
Super Smash Bros for 3DS
Mario Kart 7
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Kirby Triple Deluxe
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity

Incomplete
--------------
Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Other
--------------
Tomodachi Life
Pilotwings Resort
Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Virtual Console (Completed or not, doesn't really matter.)
--------------
Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Bros. 3
Kirby's Dream Land
Kirby's Dream Land 2
Kirby's Block Ball
Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3
Wario Land 3

Wii U
-------------------
Complete
--------------
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
Mario Kart 8
Super Mario 3D World
Scribblenauts Unlimited
New Super Mario Bros. U (Also have NSLU, but it's incomplete)
NES Remix

Incomplete
--------------
Pikmin 3
The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD
Sonic Lost World
NES Remix 2

Other
--------------
Nintendo Land

Virtual Console
--------------
Kirby's Dream Land 3
Donkey Kong Country
Earthbound
Kirby's Dream Course
there are more, but i forget

PC
-------------------
Complete
--------------
lol :-\

Incomplete
--------------
Portal
100% Oranje Juice
Sonic Adventure 2
Sonic Generations
Sonic Adventure DX
Awesomenauts

Mario Golf: World Tour, The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, Kid Icarus Uprising, and Tales of the Abyss would be my most recommended.

Nozomi Toujou said:
uh
uh
uh

mario golf: world tour
Lyn said:
Mario Golf: World Tour
while it seems like a fairly neat game, the only reason people want me to get it is so they can wreck me

Lyn said:
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
pfft, forgot to list that. i do have it.

Lyn said:
Kid Icarus Uprising
icemario ples
GEX said:

Lyn said:
Tales of the Abyss
hm, i've never actually played a tales game before. i'll look into it.

Glitchy said:
Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword. It's on the Wii U eshop so it isn't hard to find.
i have a gut feeling that it's fe7. lel. i may end up getting this, since it's pretty easy to get.

Glitchy said:
Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword. It's on the Wii U eshop so it isn't hard to find.
Seconded, it's an excellent game and everyone should play it.

GEX said:
while it seems like a fairly neat game, the only reason people want me to get it is so they can wreck me
Nah you'll wreck Star The game actually has incredible longevity; I've played it for 500+ hours over the course of five months and started to come back to it almost a year after release and still enjoy what I play.

GEX said:
Lyn said:
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
pfft, forgot to list that. i do have it.
scruuuuuub

GEX said:
Lyn said:
Kid Icarus Uprising
icemario ples
GEX said:
get it twice

You seem to have Kirby Dream Land 1 and 2 on VC 3DS and Dream Land 3 on VC Wii U.

I'd recommend Amazing Mirror or Super Star. I'm not sure what kind of games you're in but Amazing Mirror is better because the original Super Star isn't as long and feels outdated compared to it's superior remake.

There's also Nightmare in Dreamland if you don't want a "Metroidvania" Kirby game

Iron Man said:
Kirby Super Star
FirstForFun said:
New Super Mario Bros 2
more stuff i forgot to list
kss is great, nsmb2 is meh

Iron Man said:
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror
Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land
I had Amazing Mirror on my old 3DS which had ambassador games, and I 100%ed it. I had 3D Classics Kirby's Adventure on there too, which is pretty much NES Nightmare in Dreamland.

if you really have tons of free time and are looking for something you can pour hours and hours into

play dota 2

otherwise yeah just finish portal. dota's a game that's only good if you commit to it

3DS
-Bravely Default
-Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl (or Etrian Odyssey IV, I hear it's also good)
-TLoZ: A Link Between Worlds
-another vote for Tales of the Abyss
-Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (short but fun)

Wii U
-Hyrule Warriors
-Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

Maki Nishikino said:
3DS
-Bravely Default
Bravely Seconded. :dk:

Chiaki Nanami said:
Would you be interested in any DS games (rather than 3DS)?
If so, TWEWY and 999 (especially the former) are fabulous games that you must own and in the latter's case also sets you up for playing the sequel that's on the 3DS eShop (Virtue's Last Reward) which I've heard great things about. If you're unsure about either Zero Escape game, I would suggest tasting the VLR eShop demo because it does a very good job of showing you what the game is like.

There's also Ghost Trick which is a very unique puzzle game with quite the interesting plot; I would also strongly recommend this.

Freakin Ice stealin all my suggestions

There's also Radiant Historia which is a pretty neat time travelling RPG

Chiaki Nanami said:
Freakin Ice stealin all my suggestions
8)

I forgot to mention Fantasy Life, solid game, even better if you can actually get people to play with you in it.

Back