Mario Party Eclipse - Towering Treetop! [GAME THREAD, CANCELLED - SORRY!]

Re: Mario Party Eclipse - Towering Treetop! [GAME THREAD, TURN 3/20]

Darling, the not time at all yesterday is a lie. Don't even lie in my sight you know? Anyway I don't care but don't shoot at the host.

Leafeon said:
Darling, the not time at all yesterday is a lie. Don't even lie in my sight you know? Anyway I don't care but don't shoot at the host.

Chérie, I was talking about Friday, I was at school the whole day.

Sorry for the delay, was rather busy and quite frankly, upset over the weekend. >.>

Dragonfreak -> Dragonfreak (Birdo)
- Receives a Zap Orb from the Orb Space.
- Lands on the Happening Space. Flies to the Space on the upper left just before the Orb Shop!

Meta Knight (Yoshi)
- Lands on Blue Space. +3 coins.

Chibiki Daisy (Daisy)
- Purchases the Star (-20 coins, +1 Star).

Cirdec (Mario)
- Lands on Blue Space.

Turn%203%20Mini-Game_zpsnfzbfas7.png

RSTLNE%201_zpsgybr3swf.png

RSTLNE%202_zpswfyj6krg.png

RSTLNE%203_zpsaru2aqrk.png

Remember, all of your answers go into a single PM!

Puzzle 1: Underground Mozart
Puzzle 2: Fiery Jinx
Puzzle 3: Somnom Woods

Meta Knight was first to submit and got them all right!
Cirdec got 1/3... (#2 & #3 were wrong, hell #3 was WTF o.o)
DragonFreak got none... (Didn't know any, but at least she sent me a PM saying so which does not warrant a Miss)
Chibiki Daisy got 2/3 (#2 was wrong)

Meta Knight wins and gets bonus! (+25 coins)

Nighttime begins now! Only 2 of the events have changed.
By the Golden Leaf: Instead of you flying to where you want, you choose where your opponent will start their turn from!
By Angry Wiggler: This Wiggler does not want to be disturbed... Disturb him and his rampage will cause everyone to lose either coins, an Orb, or inflict some harmful status...
The Sumo one remains the same.

Turn%204%20Board_zpsiokqixdt.png

DF is damn sure getting that, so... Here's the one afterward!
Turn%204%20Next%20Star%20Location_zpsbzhiossq.png

Turn%204%20Stats_zpstyzqnogr.png

Turn%204%20Bonus%20Stats_zpsiqgyce9g.png

DF rolls 6, Meta Knight rolls 9, Chibiki Daisy rolls 4, Cirdec rolls 4
^Just when I thought RNG wouldn't have given me like rolls for once, I get proven wrong at the end. :p

Orb List (for DF only, if she wishes to visit shop)
- Piranha Plant (20 coins)
- Spiny (5 coins)
- Boo-Away (20 coins)
- Bee Repellent (20 coins)
- Triple 'Shroom (25 coins)

- Zap (20 coins)
- Cell Shopper (15 coins)
- Reverse Mushroom (10 coins)
- Fly Guy (15 coins)
- Galaxia Sword (30 coins)

THE WIKI IS HERE!
(May be useful to learn the effects of Night Spaces and also the Orb effects for DF as well. ;P)

Aww, I just realized the answer for #2 was in front of my face the entire time... Grr xD

And then i land on a red space... Luck hates me today.

I pass an orb space, pass the fire sumo and land on the blue space

Turn 4 Recap
[Host note - Gonna start writing these in the turn order you guys moved in lol]
Sorry for the delay.

Chibiki Daisy (Daisy)
- Lands on Red Space (-3 coins).

Meta Knight (Yoshi)
- Passes Orb Space and collects a Thundercloud Orb.
- Lands on Blue Space (+3 coins).

Dragonfreak -> Dragonfreak
- Goes upward and buys the Star (-20 coins).
- Triggers the Angry Wiggler Happening...

Angry Wiggler: "You dare disrupt me as I sleep?! I'm going to rampage... How about I make every here lose some coins?!"
*proceeds on rampage*
Dragonfreak loses 7 coins, Meta Knight loses 2 coins, Chibiki Daisy loses 6 coins and Cirdec loses 1 coin.
"That'll teach you to not disrupt me..."

Cirdec

Turn%204%20Mini-Game_zps6zcq8ztb.png

Your minigame is very similar to some 1vs3 luck based minigames where the team must choose something different from the solo player or they lose. As a mathematics and calculation lover, I like to calculate the chances to win for these kind of minigames, as the solo player and the team. I never saw someone doing that, either because they don't care because lol doing maths at Mario Party or because it's too hard to calculate. For the later, they are not so wrong, the situation is a repetition of a probability experience, but here the main problem is the experiments are not independant, so you can't model with a Binomial law. You have to calculate for each case, if there are 1, 2 or 3 players from the team remaining, and then consider all cases. The best way to consider all events is doing a tree, considering the number of cases, a very big tree is needed (and I know our host loves Villager tree). And even, there is no equiprobability of events, which makes the calculation long with no easy relation to etablish. The sequence of events can't be switched around, this make a total of 21 events when the solo player lose, probability need to be calculated for these 21 events.
So I caculated it, the probability for the solo player to lose is
gif.latex

This can be approximated by 34,5%. So in others words, solo player has almost 2 over 3 chances to win, showing the minigame is not fair at all. And of course I am on the team. I wonder if the developpers really bother to do this kind of calculations to balance these minigames, but it seems they don't.

@Cirdec: 1v3 is practically impossible to "balance" on a forum. No shade, but let me know if there's something else I can do that isn't "don't choose the same as solo player" or "play the flash game and whoever has the higher accumulated score" wins. RNG generated this mini-game (which btw is based off of MP5's Fight Cards).

And hell Hide & Scheme was taken from MP3's Hide & Sneak and MP4's Hide & Go Boom, but I put 5 spots so that it's easier for you guys to win. 1v3s have usually been unbalanced; some favor the lone player while others favor the team.

they don't care because lol doing maths at Mario Party
I told you this on Skype, if I didn't want to do Math in Mario Party I'd be getting the stats wrong and I wouldn't calculate the Bonus Stats for you guys throughout the game, which I'd reveal at the end instead and if you wanted to prove me wrong, you'd literally have to go through all the events and mini-games of each turn.

the minigame is not fair at all. And of course I am on the team. I wonder if the developpers really bother to do this kind of calculations to balance these minigames, but it seems they don't.
I really don't know what you mean by "developers" here, because MPE has been a project I've been working on for the longest time, with inspiration from online friends but they didn't make anything for me lol. And keep in mind this is my first time hosting here (and hosting this game), so obviously with my first time hosting, there's going to be some issues with balancing and I still have things to learn about. But only by hosting will I know what I need to improve on. =P

Do I have a problem with you thinking 1v3 is unbalanced? No. Frankly, I prefer putting up the 4-player games because it's not as limited to concepts like these. But was it really necessary to try and fire shots with what I quoted from you?

Although I should take this as a lesson to not put a bonus for mini-games like these. :P
Moving on though...

Turn%204%20Mini-Game%20Actions%20Stage%20Fight_zpsiti7q6bq.png

Apparently you guys didn't like Chopping lol. I would've laughed if DF went for all Chops instead and won because of that.
I put in Red to indicate you were already out, and then I put in Purple if you would've been out should the game have actually lasted 5 rounds. :p

Chibiki Daisy wins!! (+20 coins with Bonus)

Turn%205%20Board_zpsdtedf9sm.png

Turn%205%20Stats_zpsedqz4gef.png

Turn%205%20Bonus%20Stats_zpshg50e5vj.png

DF rolls 7, Meta Knight rolls 8, Chibiki Daisy rolls 6 and Cirdec rolls 4.

Cirdec: If you trigger the happening and cause the Earthquake, it'll only affect Dragonfreak. If you move before her and want it to happen, DF will jump on the Blue Space of the wooden bridge between Duel and Orb Space. If you move after her (she'll be on the Blue Space right before the blue flower) and want to shake the place, she'll land on the Blue Space right below it (the one between Miracle and the Blue Space on the brown platform).

Re: Mario Party Eclipse - Towering Treetop! [GAME THREAD, TURN 5/20]

I will go left at the junction.

EDIT: It is a firework space lol I didn't see that the flower took you up

I want to use my Mushroom orb.

Cirdec said:
I want to use my Mushroom orb.
(I'll post Fireworks mini-game a bit later)

YAY I CAN LOG ON AT SCHOOL FOR NOW

You roll 14! [6 + 8]

I will go on the left.
Flower is crossed, where am I supposed to land?

(I can't do direct quotes with this proxy I use at school but anyway)

@Chibiki Daisy: You get a Life 'Shroom Orb from Orb Space!

@Cirdec: You receive a Goomba Orb from Orb Space. The Pink Flower is crossed out at night so you go upward instead. Onto the Fireworks Space!

(Dammit I gotta put 2 mini-games this turn and then the 3rd actual end of turn mini-game lol)

Almost done with the mini-game Meta Knight triggered though.

Turn 5 Recap

Chibiki Daisy (Daisy)
- Receives a Life 'Shroom from the Orb Space.

Meta Knight (Yoshi)
- Goes left at the junction and triggers a Firework mini-game! 20 coins will be taken from each player, with a pot of 80 coins!

Dragonfreak (Birdo)
- Receives a Goomba Orb from the Orb Space (please indicate it next time because I almost forgot)

Cirdec (Mario)
- Uses Mushroom Orb and rolls 14!
- Collects a Goomba Orb from Orb Space.
- Triggers Fireworks Mini-Game! 10 coins will be taken from each player. HOWEVER, since Meta Knight's Firework mini-game has taken place beforehand, depending on Cirdec's placing, the pot may vary if he doesn't have the 10 coins afterward.

(God dammit I have 3 mini-games to post on this turn)

Turn%205%20X-Stylish%20Game_zpsb7bhiuzi.png

Turn%205%20Firework%20Mini-Game_zpshg5wqjwu.png

Puzzles 1 & 2 have 2 Solutions. The rest are either 1 solution or none.

Turn%205%20Firework%20Mini-Game%202_zps5bu2vp2n.png

I'm posting this regardless and I'll modify the pot for the 2nd Firework Mini-Game if necessary. =P
Link to Song here.

Turn%205%20Mini-Game_zpsd8sfhrjd.png

Link to game here. Remember, no cropping!

You may put these either in separate PMs, OR put them all in the same PM.
HOWEVER, the order I receive the PMs can affect your placing (primarily for X-Stylish). Whoever submits first with the correct answers will win, then the 2nd person to send with correct answers gets 2nd. If the first person gets a problem wrong, and the person who submitted afterward gets them all right, they will get first instead.

Sorry for the delay - Had to wait fairly long for the mini-games and also I've been a bit tired lately.

I'll tell you the mini-game results but I can't actually update the stats/board right now.

Problem 1: x = 6 or x = -6
Problem 2: x = 1 or x = 5
Problem 3: No solutions
Problem 4: x = 2
Problem 5: x = 0
Problem 6: x = -1

Meta Knight was first to submit with all correct answers, followed by Cirdec (you were 6 mins after him lol). Chibiki Daisy got 2 wrong (#2 and #4 were wrong) and DF was last and got 2 wrong (#4 & #5 were wrong)

Meta Knight gets 48 coins (28 coin profit)
Cirdec gets 24 coins (4 coins profit)
Chibiki Daisy gets 8 coins (-12 net loss).

No one got Listen Lessons correct. Therefore, the coins will be refunded.

Meta Knight & Cirdec: 123 + 150 = 273
Dragonfreak & Chibiki Daisy: 116 + 32 = 148

Meta Knight & Cirdec win! Unfortunately you were just 2 clicks away from getting the bonus. (+10 coins)

Turn%206%20Board_zps3pmxptkv.png

Turn%206%20Stats_zpsxycrwavq.png

Turn%206%20Bonus%20Stats_zps54p61yqx.png

Dragonfreak rolls 6, Meta Knight rolls 7, Chibiki Daisy rolls 8 and Cirdec rolls 7.

Orb Shop
- Boo Mushroom (25 coins)
- Banzai Bill (15 coins)
- Cloud Flower (15 coins)
- Crystal Portal (25 coins)
- Cell Shopper (15 coins)

- Boo-Away (20 coins)
- Spiny (5 coins)
- Triple Poison 'Shrooms (15 coins)
- Fly Guy (15 coins)
- Kamek (15 coins)

Remember, the wiki is here!

Go Up at the first junction, buy a Fly Guy orb, and then go right at the 2nd junction

Go to top and then right.
Throw my Goomba orb at my third space, before Bowser's one.
Buy Cloud Flower.

Nibbs said:
I pass an orb and land on miracle space.
You get a Reverse Mushroom Orb!

And oh lord here we go with the Round of Miracles...

[Twila appears]
Twila: "Welcome players, to the round of Miracles! Crazy things will happen where 2 players will swap Coins or Stars. Some say it's a total lunacy, but what will happen?! Let's find out!!"

First off, we have........
Chibiki Daisy!

Who's she gonna interact with? We have...
Dragonfreak!

What are they doing?!
Chibiki Daisy and Dragonfreak have to Swap Stars.

...But wait! They both have the same amount of Stars! ...Oh well, that wraps up this Round of Miracles!

Back