The Homebrew Channel on Wii

ZOMG NEVER RLY?????? hint Nintendo hates it for the heck of it (so don't update your wii to System Menu 3.4 NEVER)

check here http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Channel

and these homebrews like a REAL REGION FREE (My wii is american, I have 3 american games (MKW, SSBB, Wii sports) I have MP8 Japanese version, and my friend lent me Super Paper Mario PAL version)
http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Gecko_OS
http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Visual_Boy_Advance_GX
and a SNES emulator

1-Nintendo considers it illegal
2-It is not for piracy
3-I do need a region free app
4-In my opinion, it's not illegal
5-Nobody cares with this
6-Playstation 2 modding exists and nobody cares
7-Some games will never be on the virtual console and are extremely hard to find so i use the homebrew channel for it
8-It doesn't brick the wii
9-it is cool
10-EVERYBODY uses emulators 'k?

You better start remembering or you'll get banned. The rules are hard on newcomers.

the HBC still rocks, and it's not an emulator only, it is also Region Free and RF is not illegal

it is only an emulator if you want it to be (this means installing the emulator homebrew)

it is basically a loader

i most use the region free (those stupid developers didn't want region free, but USBGecko pwned them lol)

5-Nobody cares with this

This "I can steal anything I want, it's not like they woud notice anyway!" attitude is the reason that s**** like DRM get created.

Blitzwing-2 said:
5-Nobody cares with this

This "I can steal anything I want, it's not like they woud notice anyway!" attitude is the reason that s**** like DRM get created.

DRM?

Region Free is not steal.

1-Why those developers didn't want Region Free on Wii? They wouldn't be losing money, the PAL and JP games are originals anyways

Mr. Yellow said:
the HBC still rocks, and it's not an emulator only, it is also Region Free and RF is not illegal

it is only an emulator if you want it to be (this means installing the emulator homebrew)

it is basically a loader

i most use the region free (those stupid developers didn't want region free, but USBGecko pwned them lol)

Yes
this Region thing is a s*** and non-sense

@Uniju
Welcome to the reality

Toadbert101 said:
Blitzwing-2 said:
5-Nobody cares with this

DRM?

Digital Right Management.

Bassically, seeing the huge ammount of money they were losing thanks to the piracy, a bunch of PC games manufacturers are starting to use an utterly ridiculous copy-protection, which among other things, limit the number of installs to only three, installs malware-like programs that stay there after the game has been unninstalled, and routinely checks your hard-drive.

And guess what? The protection was still cracked anyway. Thanks to some self-important assholes, thousands of legits customers are getting screwed.

@Uniju
Welcome to the reality

Wow, MCDimentio making no sense at all. I'm really surprised.

McDimentio said:
Blitzwing-2 said:
Wow, MCDimentio making no sense at all. I'm really surprised.

Who cares about you?

Best. Response. Ever.

btw, MCDimentio has been banned for continuously flaming and making no bleeping sense at all.

Back