Why do so many people hate Skyward Sword?

By the time the next Zelda rolls around, cue a lot more people proclaiming Skyward Sword is better.

Idk, if they stick to the open world plan and pull it off right, it might turn out pretty amazing.

Genji said:
Idk, if they stick to the open world plan and pull it off right, it might turn out pretty amazing.

im sure there will be some of those odd people that will claim zelda u is a bad game due to too much content

Whenever said content is badly made, boring to play through, and not optional.

Zae Eildus said:
Genji said:

im sure there will be some of those odd people that will claim zelda u is a bad game due to too much content
Or lack of content, if they have an enormous world with nothing worthwhile to do in it.

I'll be optimistic once they show me something to get excited for.

wish there had been more something to make the flying more interesting and the dungeons were just ok

and fuck the Demise

loved it otherwise, it's my favorite Zelda game tied with Twilight Princess

Clunk said:
When is every having a lot of content bad?

not sure myself but ive seen a lot of people that claim that borderlands 2, star ocean 3, and many open world games are bad because too much content.

its laughable, but pretty stupid too.

god i hated ss

everyone else has already covered the reasons, though. and this is a troll thread anyway

op was trolling earlier and got perma'd. he sockpuppeted and made this thread so he could get on chat and point to it as an example of what a productive member of the community he could be

ah ha ha what

"i made a good thread, pls unban me"

the lengths people go through to try to get unbanned never gets old lol

Zae Eildus said:
Clunk said:

not sure myself but ive seen a lot of people that claim that borderlands 2, star ocean 3, and many open world games are bad because too much content.

Oh, yeah, I kiiiind of understand that. Too much content in a small amount of time shoved in your face can be very overwhelming.

I kind of felt like that when playing Daggerfall. The world is so absurdly big, it's easy to lose track of what town you were in half an hour ago and gave you a quest. So you have to write down the name of every important place you've been to and for what reason it was important. That gets tedious very fast. It didn't help that, due to technical limitations, a lot of places looked same-y and towns had like three different sets of taverns, pawn shops, and armories all filled with the same NPCs.

A world on the scale of Skyrim, filled with easily identifyable, distinct landmarks (like death mountain) should be easily digestible though.

Genji said:
Zae Eildus said:
Clunk said:

Oh, yeah, I kiiiind of understand that. Too much content in a small amount of time shoved in your face can be very overwhelming.

I kind of felt like that when playing Daggerfall. The world is so absurdly big, it's easy to lose track of what town you were in half an hour ago and gave you a quest. So you have to write down the name of every important place you've been to and for what reason it was important. That gets tedious very fast. It didn't help that, due to technical limitations, a lot of places looked same-y and towns had like three different sets of taverns, pawn shops, and armories all filled with the same NPCs.

A world on the scale of Skyrim, filled with easily identifyable, distinct landmarks (like death mountain) should be easily digestible though.

the thing here is though is that daggerfall that was a very bland and awful game. Unlike many open world and great content games nowdays that actually make it worthwhile to play through.

But whatever i guess, to me its like those people that dissed luigi's mansion because luigi cant jump.

Actually my favourite Zelda.

- Love the art style
- Love the characters (Link is a bae, Link-Zelda are adorable, Groose is really funny, etc)
- Love the plot and how Zelda has her own role to play simultaneously to you
- Loved how the areas in the overworld were like dungeons themselves so you had to solve puzzles to get to, like, the places with the big puzzles
- Sandship levels were incredible and Timestones were the greatest fucking mechanic in any game ever no question
- Motion controls - although not anywhere near as accurate or responsive as button presses - added some fresh dynamics to the game that I liked, such as actually needing to think your way through combat (ie: when an opponent has a shield you need to hit them from another direction), and doing the whole 'symbol thing in the air' whenever you killed Demise was a nice touch that made me really happy inside for some reason.

I sometimes did feel fatigued playing because of the sheer amount of puzzle solving in it, plus getting around can be pretty slow and tedious. While playing I kinda found myself getting through an area and needing to put it down to give myself a break.

DF, you stole that video and comment because I was showing that to you facebook. Gotta give the originator of that idea to the owner you know.

Skyward Sword did have some emotional stuff that many other Zelda games don't have, but it's not like there was a lot of it. I thought Twilight Princess actually had more emotional scenes in the game overall than Skyward Sword, and Majora's Mask was basically putting a bowl of onions beneath your face for a lot of parts of it.

I didn't find TP emotional at all

even when Midna left I was just like "this is dumb why the fuck are you even leaving" rather than sad

That explains this then.
Love is eternal said:
Megamario15 said:
Stanley the Troll said:
umm your username leads me to believe you're a sockpuppet
Could be. But if so, the one that I'm sure we're both thinking of is acting better.
I see what you said Megamario, and you may be right.
I just assumed he was a noob who didn't know what he was talking about, like when that one user accidentally admitted to being Baby Time even though he wasnt.

On topic, my friend has Skyward Sword and he enjoys it. He says there's nothing wrong with the controls.

I love Skyward Sword. Although, I'll be the first to admit the gameplay isn't as...engaging as some of the other games. Its overworld gameplay consisted of a lot of fetch quests and padding, and while this sometimes made sense, sometimes it didn't.

But while Skyward Sword had its issues, I think a lot of it was necessary. It NEEDED to exist, at least story-wise. Remember, the official Zelda timeline had JUST been released. They needed Skyward Sword to make an origin story that helped explain the entire Zelda mythos.

But, at the very least, it was still fun to play. For me, it was just how the gameplay and story interacted with one another that made me like it a lot more.

Back