Club Nintendo Being Discontinued Worldwide

that's an extra 65 coins, which is pretty sweet

Cirdec said:
Gamefreak75 said:
can't believe europeans are complaining about their club nintendo being shit

Please tell us what is good in our catalogue, apart from Mario Galaxy soundtrack.
I dunno. Grill-of with ultra hand?

Sylveon said:
Cirdec said:
Gamefreak75 said:
can't believe europeans are complaining about their club nintendo being shit

Please tell us what is good in our catalogue, apart from Mario Galaxy soundtrack.
I dunno. Grill-of with ultra hand?

thats sold out in the german one appearently

as is the a link between wolrds ost, if they were ever even availiable

I want the SSB4 ver 2 posters, but I can't for a number of reasons

1) I don't have enough coins
2) I have no wall space
3) I already have set 1 which is why I have no wall space

Yes! Ordered the smash poster set!

EDIT: Waiiiit... none of my coins were taken away and it told me my coins are safe with Wario. I really don't trust Wario.

I finnally connected to Nintendo WFC and Tried
to Register for Club Nintendo in 2014

I only had 5 Months of fun...I guess it's
goodbye for free games...

theres even less stuff in the german stars catalogue now because shit is selling out

except for nintendo points cards because im not even sure if anyone except for me is still buying those

Man, I got my 3DS and registered it. Two days later, Club Nintendo announces it's being discontinued. I have the worst timing and luck.

I hope they'll make another rewards program or something like that.

Made $10 already off selling some of my unused Club Nintendo codes to suckers. 8)

We in Australia still have only ever gotten the Link Between Worlds soundtrack since the discontinuation announcement.

I'm beginning to regret not redeeming the rest of my stars on it when I could. Please Nintendo put up the Mario Kart 8 soundtrack (preferably at the end of May so the DLC music can be included too).

GOOD NEWS, EVERYONE! (for Japan)

Club Nintendo Japan had announced a lot of new rewards for the next few months.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/club/tokuten/index.html#

-This includes the Mario Kart 8 OST.
eAgnUYC.jpg

-Wii Wheels (Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi)
-T-shirts (Blooper, Game and Watch, etc.)
-Mario Card Matching Game
HdX5t1a.jpg

-Nintendo Sound Selection - Mario & Peach
and more.

Club Nintendo emailed me saying my order has been shipped. I didn't order anything so I a was confused. Then I remembered..... The Sm4sh CDs! It's not March yet so I'm wondering why they have been shipped so soon. Also NOA is like 50 minutes away so it shouldn't take too long for it to get here. Granted I did register both games Day 1 when they came out but I still wonder

Gamefreak75 said:
End of an era.

No, my friend. The era ended years ago.

Maybe when they shut-down nintendo power, maybe when they shut down their official community forums, probably when they re-organized after Yamauchi retired, but the era of nintendo offering an open hand of friendship to it's fans is long since past.

The age when it was a company of ex-toymakers and merrymakers has ended and they've become just another cold corporate entity.

Signedupforonepost said:
Gamefreak75 said:
End of an era.

No, my friend. The era ended years ago.

Maybe when they shut-down nintendo power, maybe when they shut down their official community forums, probably when they re-organized after Yamauchi retired, but the era of nintendo offering an open hand of friendship to it's fans is long since past.

The age when it was a company of ex-toymakers and merrymakers has ended and they've become just another cold corporate entity.

Is that the one post you signed up for?

Signedupforonepost said:

Yes, the century-old corporation that previously operated brothels used to love you.

Nintendo is not a cold corporate entity, and this is not just bias.

"Nintendo" doesn't care about you. Nintendo makes moves to appeal to its consumer base, but only if it considers the endeavour beneficial over the long-term. Nintendo is a corporation, with all the good and bad that implies, and trying to spin it as anything other is only letting the marketers win. The fetishization of "Nintendo", a brand name, into an happy memories of an innocent childhood, or as the last bastion of PURE GOOD GAEMS WITH GAMEPLAY is only one of the many ways corporations manufacture brand loyalty, the same way Disney is marketerd as a bastion of clean wholesome entertainement while engaging in underhanded and deplorable financial tactics.

Look at that guy's spiel above. "Maybe when they shut-down nintendo power, " he says. Selling a blatant advertmag of low quality to a third-party publisher, rather than the chocking restrictions it put on content providers and retailler back when it held monopoly of the home console market? That, more than anything, is the proof it no longer is "a company ex-toymakers and merrymakers"?

Furthermore, Nintendo doesn't make game. Nintendo is a multi-billion corporation employing hundreds of engineers, programmers, marketing drones, and yes, creators. Maybe one day, the discussion will shift from the corporate entity a game is published by, to the people who made it. And maybe that day, enthusiast forums will become slightly smaller cesspools.

Bah, humbug.

Glowsquid said:
Nintendo is not a cold corporate entity, and this is not just bias.

"Nintendo" doesn't care about you. Nintendo makes moves to appeal to its consumer base, but only if it considers the endeavour beneficial over the long-term. Nintendo is a corporation, with all the good and bad that implies, and trying to spin it as anything other is only letting the marketers win. The fetishization of "Nintendo", a brand name, into an happy memories of an innocent childhood, or as the last bastion of PURE GOOD GAEMS WITH GAMEPLAY is only one of the many ways corporations manufacture brand loyalty, the same way Disney is marketerd as a bastion of clean wholesome entertainement while engaging in underhanded and deplorable financial tactics.

Look at that guy's spiel above. "Maybe when they shut-down nintendo power, " he says. Selling a blatant advertmag of low quality to a third-party publisher, rather than the chocking restrictions it put on content providers and retailler back when it held monopoly of the home console market? That, more than anything, is the proof it no longer is "a company ex-toymakers and merrymakers"?

Furthermore, Nintendo doesn't make game. Nintendo is a multi-billion corporation employing hundreds of engineers, programmers, marketing drones, and yes, creators. Maybe one day, the discussion will shift from the corporate entity a game is published by, to the people who made it. And maybe that day, enthusiast forums will become slightly smaller cesspools.

Bah, humbug.
Glowsquid marry me we could be so happy together.

Back