Target plans to close all Canadian stores

There goes the Rosalina amiibo I wanted.

Mega Gallade said:
Nozomi Toujou said:
Mega Gallade said:
There goes the Rosalina amiibo I wanted.
hurry while you still can

aren't her preorders sold out?
I'm not sure if you can get them now, even if you pre-ordered. My hope is that Nintendo reacts soon and announces that Rosalina will be available elsewhere in Canada. The sooner, the better. While I may not be particularly affected, it sucks that some fans may miss out on a unique figure due to the poor performance of one of the major retailers Nintendo partnered with.

"walmart's better" yeah if you've got shit taste lol !

sucks for canada, though, target is a fantastic store with a mostly clean record on public relations and doesn't hate lgbtq people unlike some companies around here, and everything's decently priced without having to compromise basic worker and human rights unlike some companies

does canada have any of their own stores that are similar? I guess costco could just monopolize some more since they're ok

good grief

if they weren't going to start turning a profit until 2021 then it's no wonder they're pulling out

that really sucks, i really like target and i usually go to my two nearby target stores for goods.

it's like the whole borders bookstores thing all over again >_>

Derpl Zork said:
"walmart's better" yeah if you've got shit taste lol !

sucks for canada, though, target is a fantastic store with a mostly clean record on public relations and doesn't hate lgbtq people unlike some companies around here, and everything's decently priced without having to compromise basic worker and human rights unlike some companies

lucky people i dont even have a target.

BEEEEEAAARRRS said:
Derpl Zork said:
does canada have any of their own stores that are similar? I guess costco could just monopolize some more since they're ok

I think Zeller's is our version of Target
yea, target bought out zellers and every zellers was converted into a target

as for similar stores, id say superstore would be the closest thing to a target
its kinda sad it lasted for such a short time cause target is a pretty pro store
what will i do with my red card now ;-;

Well, damn....

Even though I don't live in Canada, I find it absolutely ridiculous that Target would close down their stores there. I mean, just because its headquarters is in the US, doesn't mean you have to close down all the stores in a country just because it's not your own. The part that makes even less sense is that their headquarters is in Minnesota, which is directly below Canada.

I feel bad for all the employees, but it's no real personal loss for me. I've only ever been to Target once on a road trip, since they never really broke into Toronto: too many Wal-Marts and Canadian Tires and malls and whatnot. It was a nice store, tho: carried the brand of stuff I was looking for, my brother found some sandals he needed and the employees were very friendly. It was also completely dead, which made shopping nice for us, but is one of the symptoms of why it and its bretherin are closing soon.

Patchouli Knowledge said:
Well, damn....

Even though I don't live in Canada, I find it absolutely ridiculous that Target would close down their stores there. I mean, just because its headquarters is in the US, doesn't mean you have to close down all the stores in a country just because it's not your own.
did you even read the article

they're closing down because it wasn't profitable to stay

Back