2015 Oscars

Nabber said:
you do realize boxtrolls is stop motion

laika is basically one of the best studios for stop motion. say what you want about it as a movie, but don't talk shit about their animation
i'll talk shit about it all i like thanks

do you really think the animation is that bad or do you just not like the dirty, grimy look

also supermariofan aren't you missing a few categories for your oscar predictions

Nabber said:
also supermariofan aren't you missing a few categories for your oscar predictions
Oh yeah

Documentary
Prediction: Citizenfour

Cinematography
Prediction: Birdman
Deserving: Birdman

life itself got so snubbed

i mean, i haven't actually seen the other documentaries, but still...

also interstellar got snubbed for cinematography imo but the other nominations are good so i guess i can't complain too much...

Nabber said:
do you really think the animation is that bad or do you just not like the dirty, grimy look
it's probably one of the more terrible instances of stop motion animation I've seen. Most of the time, people just say "oh stop motion is the best, it should win all them awardses and stuffs", only because the animators took a lot of time animating it. That shouldn't be what wins the awards. If you're watching animation, you have to be able to actually sit through it without getting some sort of motion sickness, which basically means the smoother the animation, the better the experience. Wallace and Grommit did stop motion animation right with the Curse of the Were Rabbit. It was so damn smooth, you could barely tell it was stop motion animation. That, in my opinion, is worthy of an Oscar. This is not.

tl;dr: Just because it's stop motion, does not mean it's good or even worthy of an award.

i'm not saying boxtrolls should win the award at all. it's a pretty big step down from paranorman as a movie. but the boxtrolls' animation just... isn't choppy. it's not. i watched the whole movie with no kind of motion sickness, i really have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

>lady fucking gaga comes on screen to sing songs from Sound of Music

Annie was already ruined this year by the power of pop and rap music, you don't have to ruin another one, pls no pls no pls no p-

>she actually sings the songs well and doesn't ruin them

B A S E D G A G A

Gulillilliant said:
>lady fucking gaga comes on screen to sing songs from Sound of Music

Annie was already ruined this year by the power of pop and rap music, you don't have to ruin another one, pls no pls no pls no p-

>she actually sings the songs well and doesn't ruin them

B A S E D G A G A

tumblr_n15uanCiwE1t1rvzco1_250.gif
tumblr_n15uanCiwE1t1rvzco3_250.gif

i'm glad that grand budapest hotel won all those oscars, it was in my opinion the best film of 2014

i seriously think that httyd2 should have won best animated though, kind of annoyed about that.

Hoxton said:
i'm glad that grand budapest hotel won all those oscars, it was in my opinion the best film of 2014
yeah same

i'm kind of disappointed big hero 6 won since i enjoyed song of the sea way more but it wasn't a bad film so w/e

President Madagascar said:
how did sherlock not win best actor
nah bro, eddie deserved that award

supermariofan said:
how did sherlock not win best actor
Have you seen The Theory of Everything? Eddie Redmayne pulled off Stephen Hawking so incredibly well

maybe but i doubt that he is as awesome
He made me cry once, also they probably gave it to him because they saw Jupiter Ascending

Agnès Oblige said:
i'm kind of disappointed big hero 6 won since i enjoyed song of the sea way more but it wasn't a bad film so w/e

spot the ireland bias in this statement

eddie redmayne is a good actor but it's a shame his character had no actual character arc

Back