Flashdrive problem

Driftmaster130

Rest in Peace, Walkazo
Every time I plug in and view my flash drive, this happens:
dRGZLIp.jpg

I "force ejected" it (using Force Quit) yesterday, but other than that nothing else happened. (Also, the "bios" file, which I put in today is the only one that's not showing the weird thing). Anyone know why this is happening and how I can get my files back?

Bumping because I have another flashdrive problem.

I bought a new one (Lexar 64g USB 3.0) around 3 months ago (the old one was corrupted, it works after formatting but the new one has a lot more capacity) and it worked fine until today when I had it plugged in at a class and accidentally hit it with my knee (the CPU box was below the table and the flashdrive was directly sticking out); the front cover popped out but then I snapped it back on; now the drive isn't recognized at all even though the USB port isn't bent/broken. I tried it on 3 different public computers and it's still not working.

I had that problem with Project M on my SD card once. To my knowledge it means the stuff is corrupted. Don't know what else I can tell you other than that, you'll probably have to delete the stuff/format the flash drive. If someone else has a better solution you should try that, but I had to delete my stuff when that happened.

Holy hotcakes, that is one broken flash drive...

I'd have to say something happened to the flash drive before now, and it corrupted your files. Or maybe it's just that computer, but I'm hardly a tech genius.

you might have to reformat it unfortunately

What worries me is that most of the files are 0 bytes. Just a question, did this problem appear after you inserted the drive in an old system?

If most files were images, you could try open one of them, if it worked, save the image in another location. And similar, if it was a word document try the same and etc. This worked for me once, but the file had a size, not 0 bytes. Hope this works.

There are also some freeware programs that undelete and fix corrupted files, give them a try if you really need those files.

Bump.

You should edit your bump post to refer to the OP, since I thought at first that it was just a random bump for no reason.

Anyway, something similar happened to me once (well for me it was that I dropped my laptop and it bent the flashdrive)

Took it to a computer repair shop and they said it couldn't be recovered, everything on there was lost. But yours might be salvageable, you should take it to a repair shop and see if they can save the files/fix the flash drive.

Back