Car Accident Extravaganza

Anton

kero?
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
So here I am driving back from work today and suddenly there's a blizzard because western New York.

4snIzAT.png

I'm about to take a turn up a road I always take, and I'm making sure to take it slowly and carefully because it's icy and whatever, but nop

M4APgZ3.png

I still slide around a bit and lose control of my car and ride up onto the embankment and plow right over a stop sign.

I begin to panic and fear the worst but I maintain a poker face in case there's witnesses.

I get out of my car and look around, no one is outside or looking through windows. gr8! Luckily I wasn't injured otherwise no one being around would've been a problem but in this situation it's good no one saw me.

I check my car: no damage, because even more luckily someone else had already ran over the stop sign before I did so it was already at like a 15 degree angle and I just kinda ramped off of it. I check around for witnesses again: no one.

PTSrEUl.png

so I left :)

car accident story general I guess

now its time to take a deep breath and forget that this day ever happened
srs
driving on icy roads sucks

today i stopped at a stop sign and the person across from me had already stopped and had their left turn signal on

so i waited a couple seconds but apparently they don't know that you stop first, you have right of way at a stop sign so i started going straight

then apparently at the same time they decided that they were going to turn after all so i had to swerve right to get around them

i hate charleston drivers, atlanta's much better

I had an accident around this time last year.

Luckily, neither me or my sister got hurt, and my car was repaired.

Winter driving's the pits. My most stressful drives have all been through blizzards on a highway notorious for multi-car pileups whenever it gets snowy.

Makes me glad my only slip-slide story was just a little fishtailing around a curve, ending in power getting regained before reaching the intersection (or going into the rather deep ditch beside the road).

Javelin said:
today i stopped at a stop sign and the person across from me had already stopped and had their left turn signal on

so i waited a couple seconds but apparently they don't know that you stop first, you have right of way at a stop sign so i started going straight

then apparently at the same time they decided that they were going to turn after all so i had to swerve right to get around them

i hate charleston drivers, atlanta's much better
man people are so bad at driving

once i was in a parking lot and i stopped a stop sign and this guy just completely passed me. when they were exiting the lot there was a "don't turn left" sign and guess what they did? turn left. jesus christ guys just read the signs it's not that hard

I remember the time I was in the car with my mom. There was no one else but us and this one car. The car thought we were turning (even though we had no blinkers on), swerved, and hit the fucking stoplight.

not to mention about two months before that incident we saw another car that hit the blinky thing that tells the people walking to walk or stop (whatever it's called)

i love visiting america

EDIT: forgot to mention the time in canada where we came across a car that had hit a stoplight a little while prior

My sister, dad, brother, and I almost had a collision with someone on our drive to our cousin's house. Dad even caught the thing in recording.

Also, my cousin told me about this one time where a person was on a raised freeway bridge, but swerved past the guardrails and.... well, my cousin didn't see the action, but she saw the emergency vehicles, a crushed car, and a lump lying underneath a blanket. A lump as in, a person. A dead one.

@opening post: If you got into an accident, why would you want no witnesses? Because they might panic and call the police?

Also, you got ice, we got Los Angeles traffic. I wonder what's worse.

Dr. Mario's Drunken Holiday Elixir said:
@opening post: If you got into an accident, why would you want no witnesses? Because they might panic and call the police?

As I explained if I was injured I totally would've wanted people around, but since I wasn't and I left the scene it's gr8 that no one was around to make assumptions and call the police, since I wasn't the first one to have ran it over.

Okay, thanks. Well, at least nobody's around at the right time, lol. Is it a busy area otherwise?

yeah it's really close to downtown, I assume no one was around because it had just started snowing and people are always scared shitless by it

I got into one during a blizzard in December 2013 when me and my dad were turning to a Wawa on a major road. Then a car was slowing down and hit our car because of the messy road. Neither car was damaged, nor there were any injuries.

Derpl Zork said:
yeah it's really close to downtown, I assume no one was around because it had just started snowing and people are always scared *bleep*less by it
I can't imagine. Are people normally scared of snow, so there's less traffic during snow days?

Viper26 said:
I got into one during a blizzard in December 2013 when me and my dad were turning to a Wawa on a major road. Then a car was slowing down and hit our car because of the messy road. Neither car was damaged, nor there were any injuries.
Must've been scary to be in that ride. But which car accident ISN'T scary to get on, I'd imagine? I've never been involved in one, but again, I had some close calls.

I was nearly in a head-on collision on a country road after some wise guy decided that overtaking around a corner is a great idea.

That's funny, because the name of the file is "stoprighttherecriminalscum.png".

i remember someone kept trying to pass me on the right on a one-lane road and it was very annoying

or that time that some limo guy was behind us while my father was driving me to school and was honking like mad and when we stopped at the light he pulled up behind us, lowered the window, and started cursing like crazy about how slow we were (even though we were going the speed limit...)

jesus christ anton
knocking over a fucking stop sign

i can't believe you; i respected you
looked up to you even
u should go to jail

Genji said:

That retroactively justifies me zapping the shit out of every chicken I saw in Skyrim, thanks!

Count Olaf said:
jesus christ anton

looked up to you even
u should go to jail

nah bro I never knocked it over, it was already knocked over and I just drove over it

it's kinda like when you see someone choking on some food so you run over to help them, and then cram some more food down their throat, look around for witnesses, and then leave the scene

just being a good samaritan

Derpl Zork said:
Count Olaf said:
jesus christ anton

looked up to you even
u should go to jail

nah bro I never knocked it over, it was already knocked over and I just drove over it

it's kinda like when you see someone choking on some food so you run over to help them, and then cram some more food down their throat, look around for witnesses, and then leave the scene

just being a good samaritan

:-*

Back