Apex 2015

Megamario15 said:
;D We need more people like you!!
Smash was made for fun, and for settling arguments with your friends (I knew he was Weegee and not Luigi!).
I play for fun, but if I win a little money, I won't say no to that. ;D

So I've been looking forward to Apex but I didn't realize how stacked Paragon will be this weekend so that'll be a good snack before the main course if anybody is interested.

If Leffen beats M2K then nobody can say he isn't a contender for first place at Apex, even if the odds are against him overall. I don't think he can beat a Mango that is playing well unless he himself is playing to his full potential.

M2K has been slacking. He's been playing mostly Smash 4 recently. I would not be surprised if Leffen beats him. That being said, if Armada and Mango come to Apex guns a blazin, Leffen is gonna have it rough.

D1 just let it slip that something new will be playable at Apex. I see four possibilities. The most likely is Splatoon, followed by Pokken, then playable Mewtwo, and the least likely is Melee HD or a virtual console release of Melee.

GalacticPetey said:
a virtual console release of Melee.

Even if this was a thing, I have a feeling it may not go over as well as you may think. Doesn't the official Gamecube Adapters only work for Smash 4 and Wii games that were compatible with the Gamecube Controller and not Virtual Console games? They'd essentially be forcing Melee players to conform to the Wii U Pro Controller, and I know the majority of Melee players would prefer having the Gamecube Controller. They'd have to get one of those single 3rd Party adapters that make Gamecube Controllers read as a Classic Controller.

Someone explain to me what is Apex 2015?. And for a second i thought this said April 2015.

Northern Verve said:
GalacticPetey said:
a virtual console release of Melee.

Even if this was a thing, I have a feeling it may not go over as well as you may think. Doesn't the official Gamecube Adapters only work for Smash 4 and Wii games that were compatible with the Gamecube Controller and not Virtual Console games? They'd essentially be forcing Melee players to conform to the Wii U Pro Controller, and I know the majority of Melee players would prefer having the Gamecube Controller. They'd have to get one of those single 3rd Party adapters that make Gamecube Controllers read as a Classic Controller.
Nintendo may appeal to its fans and let a VC Melee be compatible with the GC controller adapter.

Nintendo64Dude said:
Someone explain to me what is Apex 2015?. And for a second i thought this said April 2015.
Apex 2015 is a fighting game competition featuring every canon Smash game except 3DS and a bunch of other fighting games. It's supposed to be really hard. A video of a high level Apex 2014 match was posted earlier on the thread.

Apex 2015 is in America right?

Youtube mirrors will be up later. But as the tournament is going on, everything will be streamed on Twitch.

i dont even give a fuck if this doesnt have enough to do with apex but holy shit that was the most intense smash i've ever seen.

Armada vs Leffen, Game 5, Last Stock, Fox Ditto. Leffen got 4 and 3 stocked in game 3 and 4 and it looked that way for 5. Then he turned it up. I can't believe Leffen pulled it out, he jumped to the moon when he won. Aaaaaaaah, he made Armada get fifth.
I couldn't even fucking see what was going on it was so fast. They went ham. It was totally worth staying up for that single minute.

I was just about to fall asleep a few minutes ago and now I'm wide awake. 44k people just saw that set. Paragon is pulling in the numbers.

Edit: ahahahah this Leffen interview is full of shots 'i go into chillins stream and people say they hope he beats leffen, nobody is saying they hope he wins apex because he has no chance' laughing so hard.

Congrats to the winner of Paragon.
Hungrybox proves why he is a god. Do not sleep on this man. But wow what even was this tournament. Hope Hbox can keep the momentum going and do great at Apex.

He could have been a little less cringey though, looked like he was about to cry when his win over M2K wasn't really hype or tense at all. He did well though, I was hoping for a Leffen sweep after that clutch Armada game but M2K was like 'nope, fuck off'.

So as far as the Alex Strife issue is going; he has a long history of harassing women (also being creepy with under age girls too), he has an ego bigger than leffen's, doesn't support the community and its growth and overall is a giant scumbag. I think Chibo's post about it showed how much of a scumbag he is even without the women harassing side of things that the female smashers have been revealing.

Also can CLG Leffen happen please. Get M2K a real sponsor while we're at it.

Idk if this'll work since its mobile but it made me laugh https://mobile.twitter.com/Jolteown/status/557242349496307714/photos

off topic but evo 2015 lineup will be revealed today at 7 pm pst, which is 40 min and it is on twitch

Inb4 smash 4

Personally I only care about Melee getting in but I think the best case scenarios would be both getting in or neither, as to not split the community anymore than it is. Melee vs Smash4 doesn't need to become a bigger issue.

I still think that 4 is more likely, but I want to be right if everyone else is wrong.

Maki Nishikino said:
Personally I only care about Melee getting in but I think the best case scenarios would be both getting in or neither, as to not split the community anymore than it is. Melee vs Smash4 doesn't need to become a bigger issue.
If both get in, then it will be a Smash miracle.

Back