Majora's Mask 3D

Ocarina of Time?

I was thinking they should have announced this on Halloween. It would be really fitting.

Thank god this was announced before I decided to buy it on VC.

Now would be the time for me to get OoT 3D.

^LOL

I guess you won't be getting it.

Atsushi Murasakibara said:
That upgraded moon is going to give me nightmares. I am still buying it though.
that upgraded moon may be the reason i might not get this

probably the only interesting zelda game.

I'll certainly get this, can't wait to see if there are any new features to the game.

The advantage of remaking this is that i'll finally beat this for the first time. This game is also filled with a shitload of good and interesting sidequests that i'll mostly do. While not my favorite zelda, it's defiantly the most interesting and unique entry.

Anyone notice that they remastered BEN?
They shouldn't have done that...

Magikrazy said:
Wait. They acknowledged BEN Drowned?
I wish. They just showed the Elegy of Emptiness Statue remastered.
They did, however, acknowledge that Majora's Mask was a dark game. But is it really as dark as people say it is? I mean, it can't be the most mature game ever (contrary to what the fanbase says)

Not really excited to be honest. I just can't get into the original, I'm not sure if the remake would be any different.

DragonFreak said:
It's dark for Nintendo, which really doesn't take that much. I find the premise of MM more creepy than scary. Also it may be more creepy if you believe that one theory about Link and Termina.
Well, I think that we can both agree that Mother 3 is the darkest Nintendo game, not Majora. And do you mean the "Link is dead" theory?

On an unrelated note... you did... get it back... didn't you?
(Goes completely spastic)

Frollo said:
But is it really as dark as people say it is? I mean, it can't be the most mature game ever (contrary to what the fanbase says)

You can't measure maturity like you measure weight or distance. That's kind of ridiculous.

I've never seen Majora's Mask as a "dark" or "scary" game. I think those things aren't the focus of the game. I see Majora's Mask as a game that is heartwarming, depressing, emotionally touching, deep, unique, and wholesome. It's a game in which the game world feels alive to me, in which the people who inhabit it have lives, feelings, and realistic problems. Even if they're just unimportant NPCs. It's a game where I can do sidequests without even caring what the gameplay reward is, because it just feels rewarding in itself to help shape better outcomes for these peoples' lives.

It's one of the most immersive games I have ever played, and in the light of that, I couldn't care less how many other games "out-mature" it (comparing maturity as if you're comparing dicks is, funnily enough, very immature in itself).

So all in all: It's just a fantastic game.

Gabumon said:
So all in all: It's just a fantastic game.

Majora's Mask is currently in #5 of my all time favourite games being beaten only by such things as Shadow of the Colossus, FF6, etc.

So yeah I'd say it's pretty great too.

A well deserved remake

Back