Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Fire Emblem: Awakening

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Fire Emblem: Fates

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Glitchy Bowser Jr.

"Stuff it, sponge brain!"
What is your favourite Fire Emblem game? I think mine is Sacred Stones right now.

Re: Favourite Fire Emblem

Awakening > Blazing Sword > Sword of Seals > Sacred Stones

That's how it is for me, but I love them all.

Awakening > Radiant Dawn/POR(they're tied for me) > sacred stones > the seventh one > Fuin no tsurugi> genealogy of the holy war, shadow dragon.

Seto Kaiba said:
Awakening is probably better, but of as now, my favorite is Fire Emblem 7, even though the entire game does imply that dragons are beyond stupid.
Nowhere does it imply that. if anything, it imply's they're a real force to be reckoned with. it's not a dark demon or something like that. it's just a regular old dragon, and really fucking strong at that.

Weeeeeellllll I was more referring to the time where dragons and humans lived together and then the dragons were getting killed off and they didn't do much to resist. My memory is a little foggy, but that is the impression I got.

Seto Kaiba said:
Weeeeeellllll I was more referring to the time where dragons and humans lived together and then the dragons were getting killed off and they didn't do much to resist. My memory is a little foggy, but that is the impression I got.
Because the dragons were eventually mass produced by the dark dragon from fe6, and the war dragons produced by that aren't as strong, and they couldn't reproduce because of it, so they were kinda fucked.

Awakening, I had so much of a blast with this amazing game. I can't stop loving the characters, story, gameplay and the challenge that it given me. Sure it was frustrating at times but it felt so satisfying when you win. This is my third favorite game of all time and that will be hard to change.

awakening's simplified mechanics made it a bit more fun to me, but i enjoy the characters from fe7 and fe8 more (generally)

i've only played Awakening so that (why are these games so hard for me to get a hold of ,_,)

tbh you cant even play half the series without them. so with some they're necessary, but I'll discourage it for worldwide releases.

Olivia said:
Seto Kaiba said:
Awakening is probably better, but of as now, my favorite is Fire Emblem 7, even though the entire game does imply that dragons are beyond stupid.
Nowhere does it imply that. if anything, it imply's they're a real force to be reckoned with. it's not a dark demon or something like that. it's just a regular old dragon, and really fucking strong at that.

Actually, FE7 really pretty much is Dragons are dumb and must die: The game. Keep in mind I haven't played FE6 yet, but according to what (I remember) you learn in FE7 alone, the story goes somewhat like this:

Once upon a time, dragons and humans lived peacefully together, and everything was great. Then the humans were dicks and started killing dragons because why not. This was apparently an incredibly great and heroic thing to do, because the game tells you it is, and the most prolific dragon killers are presented as great heroes.

The exact plot of the game is kind of foggy in my memory since it has been a while, but I think there are dragons in another realm or something and the villain's objective is to resurrect them. This is a problem because the dragons are pissed and dangerous now, but really, I would be too in their situation.

The most notable part in this regard is when Nergal (that was the guy's name, right?) forces Ninian to transform back into her original dragon form. She gets confused and flies to Eliwood, who proceeds to murder the shit out of her because she is a dragon and he doesn't recognize her. Then he gets all sad about it. Hey jackass, this situation could have been avoided if you didn't just randomly cut up some dragon you came across just because it's a dragon.

So by the end of it I was kind of rooting for the dragons, because they've been the ones to get the short end from the beginning. I do like some of the characters from that game (especially Hector and Lyn), and the game is special for me because it's the first Fire Emblem I've played, but the plot can really go screw itself.

Fire Emblem: Heroes of Light and Shadow by far

interesting story, hard as balls(damn wyverns), and the character creation was a good start.

Sadly no future fe game, including this one, will be able to grasp the incredible animation style of the gba games.

Otherwise though good stuff.

Zae Eildus said:
Fire Emblem: Heroes of Light and Shadow by far

interesting story, hard as balls(dang wyverns), and the character creation was a good start.

Sadly no future fe game, including this one, will be able to grasp the incredible animation style of the gba games.

Otherwise though good stuff.

Yeah, I love the GBA sprites and animations.

Yeah, agreed.

Despite how I thought Awakening's were pretty cool (the best in the series if you ignore the GBA games), there's just something missing from the style of them that makes me like the GBA ones more.

fire emblem 14 was the best, but that's only good if you're a time traveller

i enjoyed awakening a lot, but i gotta say that i really did like sacred stones, so SS wins it for me

Yeah, agreed.

Despite how I thought Awakening's were pretty cool (the best in the series if you ignore the GBA games), there's just something missing from the style of them that makes me like the GBA ones more.

yeah im not sure what inspired them to make it seem more realistic with a game series that consists of human looking beings that can turn into dragons, werecats, eagles. As well as humans able to take on an entire army and barely get damaged.

i enjoyed awakening a lot, but i gotta say that i really did like sacred stones, so SS wins it for me

honestly even for a time traveling game its kinda meh.

Even chrono trigger did a better job of that.

story wise anyway, characters, music, and gameplay is what truly made awakening a good game.

FE12 > FE7 >>>> FE13 >>> FE8 >>>>> FE6

After some thought I've decided I like Heroes of Light and Shadow more. It has some really annoying aspects (eg. all the recruitment which to be fair is double-edged, Marth only being able to visit villages, etc.), but it's far more convenient than Blazing Sword in several ways, which combined with the reclassing feature and some really interesting maps, ultimately makes me like it that little bit more.

Hoping to play more of the series during the summer, this is open to change.

Ultron said:

I have to say, Fire Emblem If is looking amazing from what we've seen.

FE7 > FE13 > FE8 > FE10

Blazing Sword is definitely my favourite, it has my favourite battle mechanics, favourite characters and favourite objectives.

Awakening is good too, it has good characters and is fun, but many things are ridiculously op, like pair up and the stats in general, and if you increase the difficulty, it makes the enemies completely overpowered. The plot is a clusterfuck too and there isn't many variances in the mission objectives. Reclassing is fun though.

Sacred Stones was my first Fire Emblem game and has my favourite Lord (Ephraim), as well as my favourite class (Summoner), but the game is too easy and I feel that FE7 is way better.

I couldn't get into Radiant Dawn because I don't have Path of Radiance (too expensive). I also prefer Fire Emblem games on a handheld.

My favourite is Sword of Seals! Something about FE6 just made it a fun time, I mean, sure, it had a TON of flaws, especially compared to the other GBA FEs, but I loved the story and characters a lot.

It's kinda saddening this is such an unpopular opinion, though... it's a good game even if it isn't the best Fire Emblem (which is Genealogy of the Holy War FYI!!!). FE6 just doesn't get enough credit.

I've only played Awakening and Sacred Stones, I've only finished Awakening.

So Awakening, by default.

Back