Theory: The Theoretical Child from the Smash Bros. series is Autistic

SonicMario

Star Spirit
...and the rest of the series focuses on his life as he gets older.

If you're confused, there is a common theory that the Smash Bros. series in the background is a kid playing with his toys. Started by the fact that in SSB64 the opening had the characters be dragged on to a table as just dolls that suddenly came to life. This is an additional theory that not only adds a little more depth to this theoretical child. But also gives a sense of what the rest of the series explores into because for not all 4 games is this child really a child. He was a child in SSB64, an older child for Melee. Pre-teen or a Teenager for Brawl and full-on Adulthood for Smash 4.

This gave me a whole new perspective on the Smash series I never thought about before. And as someone autistic myself that has had or may have to deal with in the future makes this quite an eye-opener.

This is also a well-researched video that explains Autism alot more then most common sources about Autism do and tells of the many misconceptions that people have about it. I kinda debated whether or not to put this in the Smash Bros. section or general discussion. If you feel this is a better fit for Off-subject Discussion feel free to move it there. But this video really has given me a new outlook that makes me appreciate what is already my favorite video game franchise already. And if you have the time, it's really worth a watch.

First off, this is fine here.

Second, thank you for introducing me to this channel. Very interesting stuff.

Third, I want give this kid a hug.

Marth said:
If he was a teenager during Brawl that would be why it was darker than the rest. Are Master and Crazy Hand his hands?

Yes. According to this theory the Master hand is just his dominant right hand. And Crazy Hand could mean the kid is one of those with heavy Asperger's that sometimes just can't stop twiddling/twitching their fingers.

Back