See you next..?

LetaGo

Goomba
I just came from Japan. I saw an ad on a bus that's been bugging me because I don't know what it's for.

:mario: It started off with the Nintendo logo over a brown plane with a twilight blue sky. It was NES graphics. Then Mario (in his classic NES "Super Mario Bros." look) ran under from the left side and hit the Nintendo logo like he would a block. He proceeded to dash off to the other side.

The screen changed. Different star constellations were zoomed in and out of. A screen full of Japanese text was shown for about 10 seconds. More text, then more constellations.

Finally, in English, the words "See you next..." appeared on screen. The ad faded out and finished.

Does anybody know what this ad was promotiong? ???

LetaGo said:
I just came from Japan. I saw an ad on a bus that's been bugging me because I don't know what it's for.

YOu have TV's or something on your bus?

Thats a werid ad, anyway, after the constellations.

Toadbert101 said:
LetaGo said:

maybe it's a very obscure promotion for "Super Mario Universe" the follow up to Galaxy? /sarcasm

Rosalina Spalko said:
Toadbert101 said:
LetaGo said:

maybe it's a very obscure promotion for "Super Mario Universe" the follow up to Galaxy? /sarcasm
Or maybe it's some sorta spam thingy.
Think about it,
why would a Japennese bus have a ad that says "See you next..." in English if most people over there speak Jappensse.

Free Loader said:
The English language is used more commonly than you think in Japan. I heard some people say that soon it might be a second official language.
Either that or he translated it for our convenience. I don't think many of us speak Japanese.

LetaGo said:
The screen changed. Different star constellations were zoomed in and out of. A screen full of Japanese text was shown for about 10 seconds. More text, then more constellations.
If he lives in Japan how come he didn't translate the text for us. He probilly knows English very well, but how come he didn't show us Japense text of what it looked like.

Free Loader said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Free Loader said:
The English language is used more commonly than you think in Japan. I heard some people say that soon it might be a second official language.
Either that or he translated it for our convenience. I don't think many of us speak Japanese.
Did you even read my post? I didn't make that up as a possible excuse for why it would say something in English, that is a fact.
What?

Free Loader said:
...I don't see any possible way to make myself clearer. I said that English is actually quite common in Japan, you took it as me making things up, and than I said I didn't make it up. :|
I did not, I was just coming up with an alternate theory. Sorry if it was a bit confusing.

Rosalina Spalko said:
Toadbert101 said:
LetaGo said:

THat sounds right, for SMG. But why would they have an ad for it if its been out so long there?

It was probably one of those ads just advertising the company (Nintendo), and no games in particular.

Free Loader said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Free Loader said:
...I don't see any possible way to make myself clearer. I said that English is actually quite common in Japan, you took it as me making things up, and than I said I didn't make it up. :|
I did not, I was just coming up with an alternate theory. Sorry if it was a bit confusing.
That wasn't a theory, it was a fact. <_<
Yeah, I just realized that he said it was in English. :P Sorry.

Back