Windows 10

Nabber

Artisanal Cheese Taster
Not content to follow the decimal number system, Microsoft has jumped from 8 to 10 to name their new version of the Windows operating system. A developer preview will be out tomorrow. It features a redesigned Start menu, new multitasking, and an updated command prompt.

Read about it here, I guess. http://www.theverge.com/2014/9/30/6868695/microsoft-windows-10-announced-official

Nabber said:
Not content to follow the decimal number system, Microsoft has jumped from 8 to 10 to name their new version of the Windows operating system. A developer preview will be out tomorrow. It features a redesigned Start menu, new multitasking, and an updated command prompt.
wow, shocking changes

i find it silly how they just haven't been able to put out anything that their new OSs can do better than win 7

also lol the verge

i just started reading the verge a few days ago so i can't really speak about their writing too much

Javelin said:
well i haven't read much of their stuff but they recently did an article on dota and just shoehorned some made up complaint about sexism into an otherwise good article
it's literally just one paragraph out of the whole review, i really don't see why it should bother you so much that you completely disregard everything they write

i'm not going to bother arguing about a game i know nothing about, but i really don't get how that one particular problem could ruin a whole website for you

it was worse before; if you look at the bottom of the article in question:
Correction: This post has been updated to note that Crystal Maiden's death animation is a bug in the game rather than a design decision and to include witches among the typical roles played by female characters.
and i guess one article doesn't mean the whole website is silly, but it's certainly a bad first impression

The rumor was that Windows 8 users will be able to update to Windows 9 for free. Which I guess could be why they're skipping to 10.

Also, does this mean the next version of Mario Kart will be Mario Kart 10?

cool would install the technical preview if i had an usb recovery drive for my win 8.1

unfortunately my only usb drive broke and sd cards dont seem to work :/

EDIT: Should I install it anyways Y/N? :p

EDIT2: I'm downloading it anyways I'll probably get around to buy a cd drive for my laptop soon and do it with that as i still have some empty dvd-r's.

EDIT3: I mean the .iso file of Win 10 for 64 bit is only 3,8 GB big so it's totally not big or anything :p

I don't plan to install it on my main computer. But I might download it for my old computer Ubuntu, if possible. If so I probably won't do it until next week as I'm busy all of this one.

Well I tried to install this on a virtual machine

something about my BIOS settings seems to piss windows off because he wanted me to change 10000 settings and im not complying with that.

I guess MS decided to call it Windows 9 to avoid conflict with apps that were designed to detect 95 and 98 and that if they detected the string Windows 9 then they wouldn't run. It would also cause confusion with Windows 98 and 95.

Pwwnd123 said:
I guess MS decided to call it Windows 9 to avoid conflict with apps that were designed to detect 95 and 98 and that if they detected the string Windows 9 then they wouldn't run. It would also cause confusion with Windows 98 and 95.
do you know anything about computers

Javelin said:
Pwwnd123 said:
do you know anything about computers
He tries too hard.

I got Windows 10 and I absolutely love the rotating images you get on the locked screen. It's such a simple feature but yet it's possibly what I like the most.

Back