Star Fox Wii U

DaKid

Whomp
This is where we'll discuss the news and development of the game. So to get those who aren't up to speed, here's some details on the game.
- look in any direction to shoot

"Before, in the N64 [game's] levels, when we had these valley modes, it was difficult to play those levels because the aiming was synced to the movement of the ship. So, as you were trying to aim, the movement of the ship was flying around within the valley. But now what we're able to do with the Wii U GamePad is, because the ship can move independently of your aiming, it makes it much more interesting and much more fun to play these valley modes where you're flying the ship but simultaneously aiming at a lot of different things in the level."

- one mode includes simple arena combat
- fight alongside allies Slippy and Falco
- push the joystick in to transform into a tank
- another mode puts you up against Star Wolf
- third mode has you flying around a cityscape with a giant monster
- this mode features a helicopter with rotors
- press the right stick in to drop a robot that can shoot or drive
- the robot is tethered to Fox's ship
- when the robot drops, the GamePad view switches from the aircraft's cockpit to the robot's perspective
- collectible tokens are on the roofs of the buildings

"We're in an era when people have a limited amount of time… to play these long story-based games, so there will be a story for the game, but you'll be able to choose the missions you want to play."

- arena-like missions and "valley" missions
- game is set to be released within a year
- seeking dev partners to work on the project with

"The way I design games is I start by experimenting with different aspects and play styles. Once we have that laid out and understood we go in and build the graphics [around it]. We've been working on a number of different games that use the GamePad as the focus of the gameplay. Among the games we were working on, this was one of them. But originally we weren't targeting E3 as the announcement time for the Star Fox game. But in developing it, we really came to like it and I also wanted to motivate ourselves to complete the game as quickly as possible. So we brought it here to E3 to announce it to give us that motivation."

SOURCE:
http://kotaku.com/we-played-shigeru-miyamotos-new-star-fox-game-1588712327

I find it most interesting that they're trying to find a co-developer. I'd say Platinum Games, they expressed wanting to make a Star Fox game. And then there's this...

SPOILERS for Bayonetta 2, contains strong language.

I think it's going to be Platinum Games, they're good at spectacle, set pieces and challenging, fun gameplay. They almost always have Star Fox-esque shooter sections in their games, so why not? It's exactly what a Classic Star Fox gameplay game needs. I personally hope they do go back to being on foot in third-person like in Assault, at least for Multiplayer. But I wouldn't mind either way, hell I'd like on-rails missions when on foot.

Before, in the N64 [game's] levels, when we had these valley modes, it was difficult to play those levels because the aiming was synced to the movement of the ship.

Between this, "3D Mario is way too complex and hardcore to understand" and "in Mario Party, it's unacceptable skilled player have an advantage over less skilled playas". I have a feeling what I value in vidyas and what Nintendo's senior designers value is a wee bit irreconciliable at this point.

Incidentallly, if they ever get Platinum on board and the game include TPS sequences, they should be modeled after Vanquish. Like, no excuses not to).

I hope this is the installment where they fix the most egregerious flaw of the series: "Bogey" means "unknown aircraft", not "hostile aircraft". That's "bandit", damnit!

What do you mean, space furries aren't obligated to follow proper NATO reporting code terminology? Douchebags.

Glowsquid said:
Before, in the N64 [game's] levels, when we had these valley modes, it was difficult to play those levels because the aiming was synced to the movement of the ship.

Between this, "3D Mario is way too complex and hardcore to understand" and "in Mario Party, it's unacceptable skilled player have an advantage over less skilled playas". I have a feeling what I value in vidyas and what Nintendo's senior designers value is a wee bit irreconciliable at this point.

Incidentallly, if they ever get Platinum on board and the game include TPS sequences, they should be modeled after Vanquish. Like, no excuses not to).

I hope this is the installment where they fix the most egregerious flaw of the series: "Bogey" means "unknown aircraft", not "hostile aircraft". That's "bandit", dangit!

What do you mean, space furries aren't obligated to follow proper NATO reporting code terminology? Douchebags.

Yeah I was thinking vanquishec too.

I hope it plays like Adventures, I always love exploring in worlds rather than just flying.

Oh and I hope Fox and Krystal kiss

supermariofan said:
I hope it plays like Adventures, I always love exploring in worlds rather than just flying.

Oh and I hope Fox and Krystal kiss
Go away

Magikrazy said:
supermariofan said:
zelda is that way
Oh it plays like Zelda, so what?! As long as it's a fun Zelda clone isn't it all that matters? I'm sick of people whining about how this game plays like Zelda. BIG *bleep*ING WHOOP! As long as the gameplay is great that is all that matters! And you know what? I had a blast with this game!

supermariofan said:
Magikrazy said:
supermariofan said:
zelda is that way
Oh it plays like Zelda, so what?! As long as it's a fun Zelda clone isn't it all that matters? I'm sick of people whining about how this game plays like Zelda. BIG *bleep*ING WHOOP! As long as the gameplay is great that is all that matters! And you know what? I had a blast with this game!

if u want zelda buy zelda

if u want stfox buy stofx

supermariofan said:
Magikrazy said:
supermariofan said:
zelda is that way

honestly it was much better than any zelda game ive played.

Of course there are some fanmade zelda games that are better than most of the zelda games.

Paper Jorge said:
supermariofan said:
Magikrazy said:
supermariofan said:
zelda is that way

if u want zelda buy zelda

if u want stfox buy stofx
this

you wouldnt hire a clown to fix a leak in the john so dont buy a star fox game if you want zelda

except adventures apparently

To be honest, it's my favorite Star Fox game, I don't care if it played like Zelda (which I'll admit it did) I had fun with it, hell I did a let's play on it

Back