Why I don't care for Super Paper Mario

Looks too true to be a fan theory.

If Bowser not evil because of this, that means the Koopalings are good.

Dr. Mario said:
Mcmadness said:
Dr. Mario said:
Mcmadness said:
GalacticPetey said:
But Bowser still ends up racing karts and playing golf with Mario. I'd say that evens out all the bad things he's done.

Its very easy to write those off as non canon. The sports games and Mario party all live in their own weird world.

And even if they were, all that shows is that he hates Mario so much he wants to beat him at EVERYTHING.
I can say that the platformers is just an act and the karting and partying is the real Bowser personality.

You'd really have to convince me that the above things I mentioned was just an act.
It's all CGI effects.

Nah.

Dr. Mario said:
Mcmadness said:
Dr. Mario said:
Mcmadness said:
GalacticPetey said:
But Bowser still ends up racing karts and playing golf with Mario. I'd say that evens out all the bad things he's done.

Its very easy to write those off as non canon. The sports games and Mario party all live in their own weird world.

And even if they were, all that shows is that he hates Mario so much he wants to beat him at EVERYTHING.
I can say that the platformers is just an act and the karting and partying is the real Bowser personality.

You'd really have to convince me that the above things I mentioned was just an act.
It's all CGI effects.

Kamek used magic.

Dr. Mario said:
Mcmadness said:
Dr. Mario said:
Prove it that it's not.

Prove that it is.
It explains how Bowser survived all those "deaths", and the explanation is simple enough.

He's the king of the koopas, a naturally resilient race of creatures, him being a much more powerful version of that makes him harder to get rid of and even much more resilient.

Also I could say the entire franchise is a hobo's drug trip but that doesn't make it so.

Wow. What a great Super Paper Mario related conversation.

Anyway, I will give SPM credit for boosting the sales for Mario RPG games. It probably helped that Nintendo moved it from the Gamecube to the Wii.

Magikrazy said:
Wow. What a great Super Paper Mario related conversation.

Anyway, I will give SPM credit for boosting the sales for Mario RPG games. It probably helped that Nintendo moved it from the Gamecube to the Wii.

It was also the first Mario game on the wii

Ah, those were some funny days, I didn't have the opinion on it that I do now.

Huh, that kinds of sums up my feelings for Galaxy...

Dr. Mario said:

Which is?

Mcmadness said:
Donatello said:
Mcmadness said:
GalacticPetey said:

Except for the times they're on the same team. Double Dash, double tennis matches, being on the same baseball team, rare occasions of giving Mario coins...

But we don't know if they ever were on the same team. In all promotional art work, trailers, in game cutscenes and everything show them competing.

Same goes for the coins, not to mention that Bowser is just a big huge troll in Mario party and no matter who wins he leaves with plenty of coins in his pocket.

MKDD06.png

Cynthia said:
Mcmadness said:
Donatello said:
Mcmadness said:
GalacticPetey said:

Except for the times they're on the same team. Double Dash, double tennis matches, being on the same baseball team, rare occasions of giving Mario coins...

But we don't know if they ever were on the same team. In all promotional art work, trailers, in game cutscenes and everything show them competing.

Same goes for the coins, not to mention that Bowser is just a big huge troll in Mario party and no matter who wins he leaves with plenty of coins in his pocket.

MKDD06.png
I was just about to post that

really? he looks like an idiot

Mcmadness said:
Dr. Mario said:

Which is?
I used to love Galaxy, but over time, especially after the release of Galaxy 2, the fire burned much less brightly.

Dr. Mario said:
Mcmadness said:
Dr. Mario said:

Which is?
I used to love Galaxy, but over time, especially after the release of Galaxy 2, the fire burned much less brightly.
Really? Hmm. That's interesting.

While that image of Mario and Bowser together is cool, ultimately it doesn't make up for all the bad things he's done and his very vocal hatred of Mario that he has expressed in several games.

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS said:
Mcmadness said:
Ah, those were some funny days, I didn't have the opinion on it that I do now.
May I ask what your opinion of it was then, and what made it change?

I thought it was pretty good and that the story wasn't too bad, I was going through a phase where I thought everything should have some melodramatic elements to it.

Then I stopped and looked at the series I was playing and examined what really got me into it in the first place and I started to really hate it.

That's not a "phase" for me at least, that's my standards for Mario games, especially RPGs. Which is why Sticker Star is my least favorite Mario RPG (possibly my least favorite Mario game in general, I like Hotel Mario for the YTPs it spawned)

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS said:
That's not a "phase" for me at least, that's my standards for Mario games, especially RPGs. Which is why Sticker Star is my least favorite Mario RPG (possibly my least favorite Mario game in general, I like Hotel Mario for the YTPs it spawned)

Well its a very stupid standard to have. Its like watching a superman movie and getting upset its not like Batman.

Back