so how are people so stupid...?

There aren't really many fights at my school. I think there were two of them last year (though I heard one of them was just two guys fooling around and not actually fighting) and everybody was talking about then.

our schools might have different definitions of zero-tolerance, but zero-tolerance pisses me off

if someone attacks me, i'm sure as hell going to fight back

Nico Yazawa said:
my high school was really dumb
there were kids that brought knives and bb guns and shit like that cause they thought they were cool shit. nobody did anything about them and nobody wanted to fuck with them or rat them out cause they would probably get jumped or some shit
heres probably the biggest thing that happened in my years but people have done a buncha crazier shit, i just cant find any articles to them. i guess they dont really want it covered cause it hurts the rep the school has, not that anyone whos graduated from this trash would want to send their kids here anyway

that sucks, it's pretty awful how you essentially have mob violence at you school

Dr. Mario said:
Geez, why aren't there more high schools that actually have and enforce the zero tolerance policy?

because, at least in my experience in high school, they don't work as well as advertised. if two kids want to get in a fight, they're going to. the punishment always comes later, so they cross that bridge when they get to it.

a zero-tolerance policy can help with the severity of fighting, since the adults can assess the situation quickly and stop something before it escalates out of control. but at least where i was, the overall number of fights is determined foremost by the attitude of the kids. and if that attitude is sufficiently negative, you're going to have a bad time.

Rosalina and Luma said:
I just have one question about that.

If he's crazy, as in prison type, how is he not in prison?
chances are he's on the football team

My school has no actual fights, maybe two guys being rough with each other as a sort of male bonding thing which happens a lot (pushing each other into walls for fun, repeatedly punching someone's arm if they talk shit, etc.) but none between two people wanting to really hurt each other.

A few guys threaten it but none of them have the gall to actually do it. The closest I've seen to one was a pretty good friend of mine in year 8 who hated this one guy and threatened to fight him after school on a certain day. Of course the guy accepted because he didn't want to back down in front of his friends, I do believe my friend would have gone through with it since he was that type of guy but someone ratted to the teachers and they called it off.

That guy dropped out, started smoking and was hanging around with drug users last I knew. I haven't seen him in two years, he was genuinely a nice guy that really cared about his friends but his family issues and peer pressure from shady types got the best of him.

We do have your stereotypical "Teacher's pet who does dickish things behind her/his back" and it's absolutely hilarious how much he threathens people yet doesn't have the nerve to do anything... one time we had this skype group, and he litteraly, out of nowhere, just threathens this girl, saying shit like "Im not afraid to hit a girl". I, of course, gave him a snarky remark about that maybe being the reason he doesn't have a girlfriend, but he ignored it, and he kept threathening and threathening untill someone in the skype group told our teacher, and he got into trouble.

Back