NEXandGBX Adventures

Hey look, another filler comic.
79573eaf192c6b11fe2b156921c203b8.png

Shy​ Guy said:
I see that you changed your art style!
Yeah, i'm actually using sprites now! It requires much less work imo, and looks better in the long run.

4ebxx5G.png
3KiaYbs.png

I didn't get 008 done today, but 009 is done.
EfER8K2.png
1tTm9Ta.png

Not an actual comic, mind you, but just sharing some ideas that I had that either didn't make the cut, or i may add at a future date. Firstly, unused comics.

One such comic was supposed to be named "Too Big", starring Vommack. However, that joke had been overused to death by that point, so I dropped it.

The next one was one where I took off Shy Guy's mask, and it just had my face there. Granted, I just thought it was too silly, and I already have a new design for his face without his mask anyways.

Another one is where I was in a kart, and got a Green Shell. Prepared for a Red Shell, I take it out...and get hit by a Blue Shell. I was just lazy with this one, so it never saw the light of day. (At least, not yet.)

The first "special" comic was going to be me eating my own words, with an NEXandGBX seal of approval at the end. Nobody ever told me to eat my own words though.

I was also going to make 2 Sm4sh themed comics; the first would have people hyping over Smash 3DS releasing soon for them, and me waiting quietly for Smash Wii U. Granted, I got both versions anyways, so after that it was kind of pointless. The second one would feature some of it's newcomers; Villager shooting Duck Hunt, a Mii running from Pac-Man, and Dark Pit being a literal dark pit. I decided that the drawing quality was too meh, so I dropped it.

Another comic would feature an old timey theme. I don't know what exactly I was going to do with it, but i'm pretty sure it would have been funny. May use this again some day.

One more had another theme, with a sitcom one instead. But, again, I didn't know what I would have used it for.

There was also one that had me playing Tomodachi Life, and Shy Guy falls in love with Shy Gal (in the game). I reject just to be an asshole. I felt like this was way too similar to BiTF's comic with Dedede being a dick to Kirby in Canava's Curse though.

The last unused comic would feature Shy Guy wearing stilts and kicking me with them, taunting me on how I would then be smaller than him...In a dream. Laziness bit my ass again, so I never used it. I think it was also the last drawing I did that featured my old design.

As you probably guessed, the Lemon comics were originally going to be on paper as 003-005. The only differences is that at the end of the first comic, Toad85 would have been there rather than Javelin. He would have freaked out about my lack of face, rather than just saying I look strange. The third one I had complete, but i'll have a different ending in the final version. I had my facelessness suddenly cured, but it then affected my body. Then my character sits on the toilet annoyed, reading a newspaper. It seemed a bit too silly though, so it got scrapped.

Moving on from the comics themselves, my character was going to be a Lilligant cosplayer at one point, but I realized I can not draw human eyes very well, and I figured I should have some reason for crossdressing, and then I realized; why would I choose to crossdress if I am forced to? And that's how my character was created.

He was also supposed to live with Stargazing in a house, and that didn't actually go unused, but it wasn't very noticable what happened; I was in said house during 003, and afterwards, I was kicked out. I will eventually tell how he got his current house, but that's a story for another time.

Once I got to using sprites, I was originally going to use different ones. They can be seen when I was first signing up for Puddin's comic. The issue was the exact same as he had- the sprites were way too large. My current sprites have the same head, but slightly resized, and a completely different body sprite. I also shaded it after a while!

I recently got an idea that I could have a pet Spewpa, but as the text says, recently. I haven't got a chance to use it yet. I would not know where to introduce it anyways.

I also had one more idea...but I can't share that right now. All I can say is that it will be introduced in Impenting Destruction first.

That is all I have to say. I cut a lot of stuff. Anyways, 008 should be done soon, and it shouldn't take long to get an idea for 010.

Back