New Nintendo 3DS

I can't play Smash Bros. for 3DS properly with the 3DS I have now. The circle pad is acting up and recalibrating it doesn't work. Every time I tilt the pad up, the cursor goes up and continues going up, so I end up tilting instead of u-smashing or even jabbing. Same goes when I press down on the pad, I just go through platforms and duck when I don't want to.

It's a wonder how I beat 7.0 difficulty with Marth, but I did lose a stock. >_>

eat shit and die nintendo of america

this is why im REFUSING to buy a new 3DS now

(good thing im getting a free one)

That Majora's Mask New 3DS...

Guys, I'm literally crying right now. I'm on the GameStop website looking at trade-in values for games just to see what I can do to get the money (as I am a broke college student right now)...

I actually managed to figure out how to get $175 of the $200 for it...but it seems it doesn't come with Majora's Mask.

But now I'm asking myself if it is worth to get it or to actually not worry about the money...? I mean, $42 of it was already going towards Majora's Mask, so that means that only $123 is for the system, in which I could sell a few more of my games, but I really don't want to exhaust my supply of games if I don't have to. I mean, I contemplated selling Twilight Princess (since it's selling for $30 in trade-in value), and that's my favorite game! This is how insane I am over this.

I literally am crying because life can be cruel, not to mention the luck I'll have to have to get it since pre-orders already sold out online for a few places.

Aiko Heiwa said:

I'd refuse to buy one too if I was getting a free one.

Maki Nishikino said:
Aiko Heiwa said:

I'd refuse to buy one too if I was getting a free one.
I'm only getting a free one because I dropped my old one a few days ago and it straight up broke in two and someone offered to buy me an XL and after the Direct he asked if I wanted to wait for the New XL instead.

If it was up to me, I wouldn't buy it at all because I want the goddamn faceplates, but considering that the regular XL and the New XL are both $200, I can wait a month.

They seem like a cool person, but I can understand the frustration of not getting the normal N3DS. Maybe they'll decide to release it at a later date because of demand, hopefully.

Maki Nishikino said:
They seem like a cool person, but I can understand the frustration of not getting the normal N3DS. Maybe they'll decide to release it at a later date because of demand, hopefully.
The rumor I've heard is that Nintendo is only releasing the N3DSXL in North America at first to prevent confusion by releasing two versions at the same time and to prevent confusion over faceplates and stuff and that the normal model will be released later on, near the holidays or so.

At least, that's the rumors.

Aiko Heiwa said:
Maki Nishikino said:
The rumor I've heard is that Nintendo is only releasing the N3DSXL in North America at first to prevent confusion by releasing two versions at the same time and to prevent confusion over faceplates and stuff and that the normal model will be released later on, near the holidays or so.

...and yet naming it the New 3DS doesn't cause confusion whatsoever...

Wally said:
Aiko Heiwa said:
Maki Nishikino said:

Apple originally marketed the 3rd generation iPad as "The New iPad", I don't remember any confusion over that.

Aiko Heiwa said:
Wally said:
Aiko Heiwa said:
Maki Nishikino said:

Apple originally marketed the 3rd generation iPad as "The New iPad", I don't remember any confusion over that.

And Nintendo had the Wii U, and you saw the confusion that came over that.

Wally said:
Aiko Heiwa said:
Wally said:
Aiko Heiwa said:
Maki Nishikino said:

Because it was totally just the name that caused confusion over the Wii U and not Nintendo being fucking incompetent and basically only showing off the controller, with the actual system being relegated to the background during the original showing off of the system making people think that the system was just an accessory to the Wii, a system which had a bunch of accessories for it already, such as: the Balance Board, the Wii Wheel, the Wii Zapper, the Classic Controller, etc.

Nope, it was all just the name. Nothing else.

And more to the point, there's a big fucking difference between naming something "Wii U" vs naming something "New Nintendo 3DS". The U in Wii U means jackshit to the average consumer, but the "New" in "New Nintendo 3DS" signifies, well, that's it's new and has differences compared to the original Nintendo 3DS to the average consumer.

Aiko Heiwa said:
Wally said:
Because it was totally just the name that caused confusion over the Wii U and not Nintendo being fucking incompetent and basically only showing off the controller, with the actual system being relegated to the background during the original showing off of the system making people think that the system was just an accessory to the Wii, a system which had a bunch of accessories for it already, such as: the Balance Board, the Wii Wheel, the Wii Zapper, the Classic Controller, etc.

And more to the point, there's a big fucking difference between naming something "Wii U" vs naming something "New Nintendo 3DS". The U in Wii U means jackshit to the average consumer, but the "New" in "New Nintendo 3DS" signifies, well, that's it's new and has differences compared to the original Nintendo 3DS to the average consumer.

God, what's with the attitude?

I never said that it was the only reason why the Wii U had trouble. I was just picking up the fact that a lot of people I talk to (both online and irl) have either laughed or had trouble about the very similar names between New Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo 3DS.

Because honestly if a kid is like "I want a New Nintendo 3DS", the parents are going to be like "what's wrong with your old one?"

Wally said:
Aiko Heiwa said:
Wally said:

God, what's with the attitude?

I never said that it was the only reason why the Wii U had trouble. I was just picking up the fact that a lot of people I talk to (both online and irl) have either laughed or had trouble about the very similar names between New Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo 3DS.

Because honestly if a kid is like "I want a New Nintendo 3DS", the parents are going to be like "what's wrong with your old one?"
You must know a lot of dumbasses then.

So Nintendo is having a contest on Facebook to win a N3DS

Nintendo said:
Have you started creating your personal mask inspired by The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D yet? Post a picture of it on Twitter between Jan. 23 and Jan. 25 using ‪#‎MyMajorasMask‬ and ‪#‎ContestEntry‬ and you could win the game and a New Nintendo 3DS XL system. You have one more day to prepare your mysterious masterpiece!

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited. Must be a legal resident of US (incl. DC) or Canada (excl. Quebec) 13+. Deadline: 1/25/15. Prize is a New Nintendo 3DS XL system & The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D game (ARV $239.98 each). Additional terms and conditions apply. Click http://Ninten.do/6182x0MA for official rules. Sponsor: Nintendo of America Inc.

I overheard from my grandparents that they're getting me a late birthday present of a New N3DSXL. fuck yeah

I have a few questions.
1. Can you transfer your friend codes from your old to new?
2. How much does the SD card hold?
3. Can I put my old SD card into the New N3DSXL?

also my brother is calling it "3DS LL" because I showed him the japanese images

You can't put your old SD card into your new one. You can transfer over your data but N3DS uses micro sd cards so no using regular sd cards.

I don't know what gets transferred exactly but I'd assume all your downloaded games, friends, system info and other junk would be apart of it.

Nozomi Toujou said:
I have a few questions.
1. Can you transfer your friend codes from your old to new?
2. How much does the SD card hold?
3. Can I put my old SD card into the New N3DSXL?
1/3. Yes, use a System Transfer after setting up your new 3DS and all data and account stuffs stored on the old one will be transfered (leaving the old one in factory mode). On some point it'll ask you to put the SD card from your old 3DS into the new one, but mind that New 3DS only supports MicroSD.
2. Said is that all 3DS's come with 2GB, and XL's come with 4GB. Assume 2GB to be safe I guess.

awesome

so I should leave pokemon oras and xy in my old one and everything else comes with me in the new one

I doubt it. I don't think any SD card is rare. Micro SD cards aren't some sort of limited edition sd card or anything, just more of the same in a different form.

Back