Mario Kart 8 DLC

Re: Mario Kart 8 DLC leaked

Not fond of the "Nintendo Kart" idea, but guest characters through DLC is fine by me. Anxious to see the Zelda, Animal Crossing, and F-Zero stages, along with their music. This whole thing is freakin' beautiful, for 12 freakin' dollars. Cat Peach and Tanooki Mario is a whole lotta "they would do that."

Smashman48 said:
Not fond of the "Nintendo Kart" idea, but guest characters through DLC is fine by me. Anxious to see the Zelda, Animal Crossing, and F-Zero stages, along with their music. This whole thing is freakin' beautiful, for 12 freakin' dollars. Cat Peach and Tanooki Mario is a whole lotta "they would do that."
12 dollars each. Regardless, 22 dollars is worth it for the content that they're offering.

This DLC is interesting. At least it explains why extra track icons are in the game's coding. I never thought I'd see the day where Link would be playable in Mario Kart.

I'm more interested in the tracks though and I hope they have trailers for the DLC packs like they did for the Mercedez stuff. I can only hope they release are 3rd, more serious pack down the line.

I also wonder if they will update VS mode to allow us to have a 48-track race.

Lumastar said:
Smashman48 said:
12 dollars each. Regardless, 22 dollars is worth it for the content that they're offering.
Uh, 24* dollars.
... How am I supposed to convince my parents to buy me that?
I'll figure out a way.

Anyways, Mercedes DLC is out tomorrow!

Lumastar said:
Smashman48 said:

Well...

http://mariokart8.nintendo.com/dlc/

$7.99 each or $11.99 for both

ioIr7jZuZA7mW.png

ib69sCbI2TlU2.png

iNxLSES714CRC.png

A steal. =D

GalacticPetey said:
When is the bundle available? May 2015 as well?

You can preorder the bundle tomorrow, I believe.

Looks like we're getting a Triforce Cup, Egg Cup, Bell Cup, and I guess Animal Crossing cup?

Nysic said:
GalacticPetey said:
When is the bundle available? May 2015 as well?

You can preorder the bundle tomorrow, I believe.

Looks like we're getting a Triforce Cup, Egg Cup, Bell Cup, and I guess Animal Crossing cup?
Tanooki Cup, I'm assuming.

Pre-order both of them or the bundle (you'd be dumb to buy both separately) of them to get the Yoshis and Shy Guy colors now. I assume your system will automatically update itself once November rolls around for the first pack. Then you have to wit until May for the second pack. Why the second pack is so far away is what I'm wondering? Did they barely start it or something?

Magolor said:
Pre-order both of them or the bundle (you'd be dumb to buy both separately) of them to get the Yoshis and Shy Guy colors now. I assume your system will automatically update itself once November rolls around for the first pack. Then you have to wit until May for the second pack. Why the second pack is so far away is what I'm wondering? Did they barely start it or something?
I'm guessing they need time for the models.

Stargazing said:
Nysic said:

I don't see why it'd be called Tanooki Cup when it has the Animal Crossing leaf on it.

I have absolutely no idea what it'll actually be called, though.

Smashman48 said:
Lumastar said:
Smashman48 said:

Well...

http://mariokart8.nintendo.com/dlc/

$7.99 each or $11.99 for both

ioIr7jZuZA7mW.png

ib69sCbI2TlU2.png

iNxLSES714CRC.png

A steal. =D
Sweet! I am NOT passing this deal up!

Smasher said:
Stargazing said:
Nysic said:

I don't see why it'd be called Tanooki Cup when it has the Animal Crossing leaf on it.

Well that's true. But, since Tom Nook is a tanooki, I figured it would be called that...

Eh, I guess we'll wait and see. Someone please hack my game so I can get this early.

El LuigiNúmero1 said:
Does this mean Link is officially a Mario character?
The worlds of Mario and Zelda have been shown to likely be the same, so Mario is actually one of the candidates for the next hero of courage.
Stargazing said:
Smasher said:
Stargazing said:
Nysic said:

Well that's true. But, since Tom Nook is a tanooki, I figured it would be called that...

Eh, I guess we'll wait and see. Someone please hack my game so I can get this early.
I saw your text. Unfortunately, hacking the game won't get you this. The assets for the DLC are in the main game, but the content itself will need to be downloaded.

Wait. Wasn't the Egg cup found in the game files? Along with the Boo, Shine, and Spiny cup? Were those just placeholders or is there even more DLC to come?

I hope they give us the ability to have a 48-track versus race. It looks like the Triforce and AC cups will focus on Nintendo franchise tracks, while Egg and Bell focus on more retro tracks. I would imagine the 4 karts tie-in with each of the franchised tracks? We means we might get an excitebike-themed bike. Honestly I don't kind this. I'll probably get both. I wonder what the CSS will look like though lol

i kinda feel like link is out of place but the other people like isabelle are pretty neat

Back