Mariowiki Civilisation V Games

IcicleRain

best ice user
Since DF got civ, I think we have enough to organise a game now.
Because of timezones and people having lives (boring) this might get a bit complicated but I'm sure we can work something out.
If you want to join a game, you need to add the game's host on steam.

For anyone wondering how the multiplayer works, here's the rundown:
Everybody chooses a civ, host chooses map, difficulty, AI or not, etc.
There are also options based on the turns: everyone goes simultaneously, or it goes the regular Player 1-Player 2-Player 3 and on. You can also set time limits (but don't worry these aren't as scary as they sound).

I was thinking of having a game this weekend.
Though since the aforementioned timezones I might not be on for too long.

IDK if I can do it at the time. I have be somewhere 30 minutes afterwards.

Well, that's just a base time
It would actually work out better for me if we did it earlier if anyone can

Hackmon said:
Saturday is actually a pretty big grey area for me. Like I could be ready by noon, but then there's a chance that I won't get done by 5.
I think with everybody we aren't going to get to play for more than like 2 hours at a time anyway.

But anyway, I'd be down for a random civ game. (There are so many I haven't tried out yet and choosing is just overwhelming).

Also does everyone have the expansions? If not I'll play without, but if everyone does that's be great.

New Super Mario said:
I think with everybody we aren't going to get to play for more than like 2 hours at a time anyway.

But anyway, I'd be down for a random civ game. (There are so many I haven't tried out yet and choosing is just overwhelming).

Also does everyone have the expansions? If not I'll play without, but if everyone does that's be great.

yeah, I don't think actually planning them would work, we should just set up when people are around
me and df have the complete editions but afaik jav only has vanilla

Dr. Javelin said:
well i'm about to go to dinner so that's why i'm not playing dota, lol

he said, while not eating dinner
that's no excuse though, go play against bots until dinner or something

New Super Mario said:
Also BLOF and LGM might play (but I don't know if they only have one copy or what)

BLOF doesn't play online with people apparently
dunno about LGM

IcicleRain said:
Dr. Javelin said:
well i'm about to go to dinner so that's why i'm not playing dota, lol

he said, while not eating dinner
that's no excuse though, go play against bots until dinner or something
while you were typing this post i was literally walking to dinner, ha

Curse me for not having Civ 5. Well, I'll try to get my hands on this, in the mean time I'll keep an eye on this.

Tuxedo Ridley said:
Curse me for not having Civ 5. Well, I'll try to get my hands on this, in the mean time I'll keep an eye on this.

ultimate edition is on sale now
it's like 7 dollars or something

Hackmon said:
IcicleRain said:
Tuxedo Ridley said:

ultimate edition is on sale now
it's like 7 dollars or something
Yeah I was mistaken. Basic version is 7 dollars. Full version is 16.

still pretty cheap considering retail price to buy all three separately is 150

How long is the sale going to be on? There's also the issue that I need a computer that's actually capable of running it...

Tuxedo Ridley said:
How long is the sale going to be on? There's also the issue that I need a computer that's actually capable of running it...

oh right
it's on till sunday

Maybe I'll buy it and just hold on to it until then. I'll have to see.

Tuxedo Ridley said:
Maybe I'll buy it and just hold on to it until then. I'll have to see.
I'd recommend trying the demo and playing it in DirectX9. My computer said I couldn't play the expansions, but personally, they ran fine when I played the demo and played in DX9 so I bought them. As long as you don't play like, huge mapswith lots of civs or something, you'll be fine.

At least in my experience. I don't know what computer you're using so...

I just want to let you know, I have the game, but I'm not interested with playing against other people.

Back