Having a problem joining #mwchat lately? This might be why:

Anton

kero?
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Recently there's been some dude with a botnet attacking the entire Darkmyst server and little ol' #mwchat has been one of the targets of it. One way to prevent the channel from being flooded with inappropriate comments by suddenly dozens of bots, mode +r is applied which restricts users from joining unless they're on the access list. If you happen to try to join during the time it's on, it will not let you in.

My advice to you is to either just wait it out, or join another channel you may know within the community and hang out with people there while you wait.

If you have anymore questions I can try to answer them, but currently Darkmyst staff is working on a long-term solution. Just figured I'd make a little PSA about it before someone thinks they've been wrongfully banned or something.

With some fiddling around I did with channel modes just now, it turns out that all you need to have is a nick registered with the server's nickserv to join through +r, which you can figure out how to do here, or with "/msg nickserv help", or googling how to do it, or asking a mod to help you through the steps.

Why would anyone want to attack a random chat thing? Is there anything to gain out of this?

just so you know, it happens to unregistered users and the server ban is for 30 days. my hostname got banned today for no reason but i went to #help and they cleared me out. so uh, i guess post here if you get server banned and one of the ops can try and help you out

Back