Ray Trace

Fastest at casing, fastest at carrying
Poll Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
Pronouns
She/her
MarioWiki
Ray Trace
I don't get it. There's a recent Steam update that completely broke my Steam app on my computer. I can't access my friend activity, I can't access the store, I can't access my comments. Whenever I attempt to access one of the aforementioned, it stalls and then crashes. It seems to do the Screenshot Manager just fine. I can also access my game library just fine

Untitled_zpsbcbf67d6.png

I've noticed it started occurring ever since a recent Steam update, that changed the UI and the Steam icon

Another problem is that it occurs only on my computer. My sister's other computer runs it completely fine.

Here's my specs

Intel(R) Core(TM)i7 CPU Q740 @1.73GHz

Installed memory (RAM) 6 GB

64 bit operating system

Anyone else encountered this problem, and does anyone know how to fix it?

I've looked it up on Google as well, the solutions seem outdated (2013!?!?)

i actually got the exact same message recently; i just killed steam from task manager and rebooted and it's working fine now

also if you can access games and screenshots but not store or community then it's possible the problem has something to do with your internet connection. idk

Thanks for the help. I believe my internet connection doesn't have anything to do with it, though since I'm perfectly able to see my friends' other status as well as well as complete access to the Steam site to my items with no problems whatsoever.

I've killed Steam multiple times with Task Manager as well, but whenever I reboot it, the problem persists.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling Steam.

I guess that's my only solution...I'm reluctant to do so since my dad has imposed stupid .exe restrictions on this computer and I don't feel like bothering him yet again with this .exe business. I guess more power to me if he gets even more bothered to it. AND I have to redownload games AND I have to get admin permission to run THOSE GAMES because they require .exe files to be run and..............

my god this is crippling

Baby Luigi said:
Thanks for the help. I believe my internet connection doesn't have anything to do with it, though since I'm perfectly able to see my friends' other status as well as well as complete access to the Steam site to my items with no problems whatsoever.

I've killed Steam multiple times with Task Manager as well, but whenever I reboot it, the problem persists.
did you reboot your computer, or just steam

i was talking about rebooting your computer

Well I did turn it on again and the problem persists

Sigh better do what M4E suggested. It's gonna be a pain in the ass downloading every damn thing again

uninstalling steam just removes the program, all your games are still kept

Thanks for all the help guys...but the problem seemed to fix itself and now the program seems to be working as it should.

Mod, lock please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back