The Official Harry Potter Thread

MoonAge

King Bowser
Pronouns
She/her
Discuss the books and movies here!

Right now I'm on the the third chapter of Prisoner of Azkaban and currently trying to find the second movie.

"I CAN TOUCH YOU NOW!" is the best line ever uttered in the history of cinema.

Also is in my favorite HP movie.

I've read them all except the Deathly Hallows. I dunno, I just couldn't keep hooked on to that book.

The last time I cracked a Harry Potter book though was YEARS ago so I can't really remember much details.

I've read all the books and seen all the films. I think Harry Potter is good but a bit overrated. The first 4 were the best because of the humour (Goblet of Fire was only starting to get darker) and the light fantasy adventure. Chamber of Secrets and Goblet of Fire are tied as my favourite books/films. It's been ages since I read them and since I watched the last one so I can only remember the basic plot.

I also remember that when I was younger after I'd finished reading Order of the Phoenix I watched the first 5 films and I was so freaked out by the Dementors in Prizoner of Azkaban that I was put off the series for a few years until I got the last 2 out from the library.

Baby Man said:
I've read them all except the Deathly Hallows. I dunno, I just couldn't keep hooked on to that book.
It was a bit too all-over-the-place for my liking, but it was still good. My favorite book would be Prisoner of Azkaban, mainly because of the characters introducted.

you know the books were great when i was a kid but i dunno, they just seem rather average to me now. there's just not really anything about the harry potter universe that makes it better than any other fantasy universe

also the peak of the series was book four, and the worst was book seven. easily. book seven was just "hey let me kill off a bunch of characters you liked" and by the end i just stopped caring really, especially since harry spends four pages lecturing voldemort before he finally fights him

the movies of book seven were much better

Movie 7 (Part 1) was my favourite by far, but Movie 8 took some weird liberties with the climax that I wasn't a huge fan of...

Namely, when Harry and Voldemort fly around in an angry bear hug or whatever the hell that was all about. Voldy disintegrating was also weird, and I was miffed that they didn't show the part where Harry uses the Elder Wand to fix his wand before getting rid of it. I did love Snape's new final words, tho: poignant callbacks ftw.

Books 4 and 6 are my favourite. I didn't like Book 5 at all (too much teen angst), and I kept feeling like 7 was just some bad fever dream of Harry's and that he was gonna wake up and go back to Hogwarts for one last proper school year, but he never did. It was still pretty interesting, tho, and a couple of the deaths actually managed to make me upset, although most were just "lol, them too?"

yeah i also missed how he didn't fix his wand in the movie version, that would have taken ten seconds and would have been much better and yet they didn't do it

they nailed the king's cross scene, though. that was probably the best part of the movie (and also one of the only parts of book seven i didn't consider to be terrible)

Back