"I heard you have a dragon problem?" (Chapter 50 / 50) It is done!

Re: "I heard you have a dragon problem?" (Chapter 45 / 50)

Sylveon said:
I think that magikoopa is anton.
I saw that too. He has a cute lil' octopus/squid on his desk and everything.

Grim said:
Gabumon said:
The Happy Mask Salesman said:
*hugs back*

Best minion.
I ain't gonna be outdone here.

*hugs Walkazo*
*resists urge to engage claws and/or firebreath*

Captain GBAToad said:
Walkazo said:
But anyway, so glad you like it!

Although small disclaimer: Edo and did start planning ahead in regards to the overall storyline after a while, although most of the chapter-by-chapter stuff is improv (and all the early chapters were completely improv, at least on my end), some things were retroactively added to the longer plots (i.e. the spaceous toilets were added to the Mayor Mario backstory after starting out as nothing more than me being lazy with a couple pictures, people pointing it out in the comments and me then lampshading it in the story), and lots of ideas were added, thrown out or changed as time went on and more stuff happened in the meantime. It's kinda like how Homestuck is a mix of planning ahead, adding new things, reflecting the fandom, and spamming visual callbacks everywhere, only on a MUCH more modest scale.
Huh, interesting. This would look good in a behind-the-scenes documentary: "Dragon Issues: The Making of Dragon Problem"; I'd buy it (disclaimer I would not actually buy it). It doesn't matter if it's not completely improvised (I mean I sorta assumed you guys started planning a few things out towards the end to make sure it flowed well), I was referring to the fact that you guys have really gone above and beyond for something that was just a simple back-and-forth user battle comic and that's kinda magical.
Again, thanks!

It's not a documentary, but anyway, here's some more rough work, all from Chapter 42, a.k.a. the chapter in which I draw many selfies - almost all of which I sketched out on scrap envelopes when I was bored at work, which is what you see here.

The first one was mostly a matter of what to do with the left hand, leg and the tail.
Timetoduel3_x524.png
Timetoduel3_524.png

The next one, again, was a matter of what to do with the far leg. Plus I forgot I was right-handed for the second sketch, somehow.
Timetoduel3_x525.png
Timetoduel3_525.png

I had an even better idea what I wanted for this one, but still wanted to sketch it out, first really roughly, and then with more detail to work out where the non-sword-bearing limbs should go; the last sketch, I tried t copy as best I could in the final art since it worked out so well.
Timetoduel3_x535.png
dJVBvMC.png

For the final image, I wanted to have the wings up originally, but decided a more compact approach would be better. My plan going into the final art was to have the legs visibly tucked up, life you can see in the sketches, but I screwed them up, and liked the rest of the image too much to chuck, so I blacked it all out. Then the red was just gonna be the eyes and come blood detailing, but I screwed that up too, and once again n the spirit of salvaging the piece, just coloured everything red and ran with it, with one final improvisation in the form of computer-added yellow background for the road.
Timetoduel3_x537.png
Timetoduel3_537.png

i was going to catch up to all this but this thread is too damn big

what i have been reading is nice though, also i found people making me-references, which automatically makes this thread a winner

Javelin said:
he showed up in typical tragedy iirc, that's all i know about him

pantaro's legacy will forever be appearing in typical tragedy, so i decree

DragonFreak said:
I just realized a dragon for a librarian is sort of contra(dictory).

i know i'm late as hell but I'M HERE NOW

DragonFreak said:
Contra(dictory) said:
DragonFreak said:
I just realized a dragon for a librarian is sort of contra(dictory).

i know i'm late as hell but I'M HERE NOW
My Tabuu summoning powers knows no limits.
Yes, but they take 4 months for the effects to kick in.

But better late than never. ;P

Walkazo said:
Grim said:

*hugs Walkazo*
You're the best boss ever! My old wouldn't have resisted the urge.

Grim said:
Walkazo said:
Grim said:

*hugs Walkazo*
You're the best boss ever! My old wouldn't have resisted the urge.
And you're the best minion for being happy about merely not being mauled as my contribution to the this feels fest.

Guilmon said:
Morty said:
I'm not gonna be outdone either !!!

*takes a picture of himself and hugs it*

oh, I see how it is. hmph.

well you were asleep, I didn't want to wake you

that's how good of a person I am <33

I've still got some ways to go on the next chapter (so much for my original plans to make it short and fast >_> ), but here's some progress work to tide you guys over (of older content, mind you: no spoilers).

First one's my first attempt at the lower panel of this page, but I screwed up the mouth and had too much overlap of background and the anger crosses (or whatever they're called):
Timetoduel3_x40.png

I toyed with the idea of showing Ghost Jam actually avenging his fallen comrades here, but I couldn't think of a way to clearly illustrate what was going on in a single panel, so I have up after drawing the bit on the right, and went back to my original standoff idea, of which the left bit is an early draft:
Timetoduel3_x522x15.png

And finally, I decided against having multiple full panels like the below one showing my various limbs being sliced up by Edowak's blades, and instead did a composite image of smaller shots of an arm, a leg, and falling gold bracers (which I later re-used to show me passing on the favour to Giga Mariozilla).
Timetoduel3_x212.png
Timetoduel3_212.png
Timetoduel3_523.png

i feel like catching up to this will be like reading homestuck all over again

There was no possible way to reproduce Edo's Invincible Mario effects by hand, so I just did my own thing. Sorry for the talky bits - I actually cut out a lot of the originally scripted stuff.

Timetoduel3_635.png

Timetoduel3_636.png

Timetoduel3_637.png

Timetoduel3_638.png

Timetoduel3_639.png

Timetoduel3_640.png

Timetoduel3_641.png

Timetoduel3_642.png

Timetoduel3_643.png

Timetoduel3_644.png

Timetoduel3_645.png

Timetoduel3_646.png

Timetoduel3_647.png

Timetoduel3_648.png

Timetoduel3_649.png

Timetoduel3_650.png

Timetoduel3_651.png

Timetoduel3_652.png

Timetoduel3_653.png

Timetoduel3_654.png

Timetoduel3_655.png

Timetoduel3_656.png

Timetoduel3_657.png

Timetoduel3_658.png

;-;

we're all idiots for thinking that would work but still

so glad this is back

meanwhile I sit and watch and am like "nope I ain't fighting"

getting hit in the face by a flaming eevee is recommended by 0/10 doctors

but i wanted to be the one... who fought for justice

i wanted to be the one

man shit got real in this thread

it started off so fun and lighthearted...

Haha, yeah, Cerberus Syndrome's definitely in effect here.

ThreeThousand said:
but i wanted to be the one... who fought for justice

i wanted to be the one
You want to fight and try to be the one to bring him down
But you know that there’s no hope,
And you know, as soon as you step foot inside town hall
You’ll fall victim to that Mario

(but don't worry, it's a curb-stomp battle nomatter who goes up against Invincible Mario - myself included :o )

Sabrina said:
so glad this is back
It never went away - it just has to share my time with school, work and other RL stuff, plus my drawing mojo wasn't in effect these past couple weeks so progress was slow even when I had time to work on it (and since I was working on it, I couldn't justify taking time to upload the work-in-progress stuff to at least keep the thread active in the meantime - but this chapter's certainly generated some more of tha sorta content, and I still have older stuff lying around, so I'll try to get on that a bit more).

But anyway, glad you guys like the chapter despite the long wait and whatnot.

AAAAAAAH SOOOO INTENSE

Also, did something totally horrible happen to me and I just forgot about it?

Back