"I heard you have a dragon problem?" (Chapter 50 / 50) It is done!

Re: "I heard you have a dragon problem?" (Chapter 45 / 50)

And that, everyone, is why Magikoopas must wear head-to-toe robes in public at all times.

Walkazo said:
And that, everyone, is why Magikoopas must wear head-to-toe robes in public at all times.

that sucks

shorts are the best

So I finally caught up with reading this. It was fantastic before I left, but its gotten so much better since.

It'd be unnecessary for me to comment on every single thing that's happened (even though I really wanna), so I'll just reaffirm that it's amazing how you've managed to construct this story on back-and-forth improv alone, plus the copious amount of cameos you guys have managed to throw in makes this even better for anyone who gets a mention (loved the bit with Stooben's guitars).

Sad how it's almost ending, but at the same time I really can't wait to see how it concludes.

Also, are extra lives are actually going to be a thing? (has that been addressed yet, I can't remember.) I'm just imagining Walkazo's reaction if Mario was killed only to get back up again because he still had another life lol

edit:nvm

Captain GBAToad said:
It'd be unnecessary for me to comment on every single thing that's happened (even though I really wanna)
Do it. The longer the better. Write an essay about it and submit it to your English teacher, and when they're all "wtf is this shit" you'll be like "bitch please, it's Dragon Problem" (bonus points if they're a dude) and they'll say "omg sorry A+" The end.

But anyway, so glad you like it!

Although small disclaimer: Edo and did start planning ahead in regards to the overall storyline after a while, although most of the chapter-by-chapter stuff is improv (and all the early chapters were completely improv, at least on my end), some things were retroactively added to the longer plots (i.e. the spaceous toilets were added to the Mayor Mario backstory after starting out as nothing more than me being lazy with a couple pictures, people pointing it out in the comments and me then lampshading it in the story), and lots of ideas were added, thrown out or changed as time went on and more stuff happened in the meantime. It's kinda like how Homestuck is a mix of planning ahead, adding new things, reflecting the fandom, and spamming visual callbacks everywhere, only on a MUCH more modest scale.

Walkazo said:
Captain GBAToad said:
It'd be unnecessary for me to comment on every single thing that's happened (even though I really wanna)
Do it. The longer the better. Write an essay about it and submit it to your English teacher, and when they're all "wtf is this shit" you'll be like "bitch please, it's Dragon Problem" (bonus points if they're a dude) and they'll say "omg sorry A+" The end.
This is probably the most legit idea I have ever seen in quite a long time.

Walkazo said:
Although small disclaimer: Edo and did start planning ahead in regards to the overall storyline after a while, although most of the chapter-by-chapter stuff is improv (and all the early chapters were completely improv, at least on my end), some things were retroactively added to the longer plots (i.e. the spaceous toilets were added to the Mayor Mario backstory after starting out as nothing more than me being lazy with a couple pictures, people pointing it out in the comments and me then lampshading it in the story), and lots of ideas were added, thrown out or changed as time went on and more stuff happened in the meantime. It's kinda like how Homestuck is a mix of planning ahead, adding new things, reflecting the fandom, and spamming visual callbacks everywhere, only on a MUCH more modest scale.
Those things happen when a project/story becomes larger and more popular (which happened here). And it can improve the quality if done right (which also happened here).

Gabumon said:
Grim said:
When I started I actually had chest hair.

So how did you manage to hang on to that beard?
Because Walkazo spat soup over it, giving it a quality that means it resists all fire.

Yeah, it was all the toxic chemicals in the soup that did it. Bad for eating, good for fireproofing minions.

Lakituthequick said:
Walkazo said:
Those things happen when a project/story becomes larger and more popular (which happened here). And it can improve the quality if done right (which also happened here).
Very true, and even without constant reader feedback and popularity, stories can still end up running away with their authors. It it becomes some long, windy boring thing, yeah, that's not so good, but if it overruns expectations in a good way, then really, that's all that matters.

While I really enjoyed the carefree fun of early stages where I had no agenda besides "let's see what Edo will do with this, mwahahaha", I definitely think the quality went up as we started taking it more seriously and putting more effort into it, turning it from something that was fun at the time to something that was fun to do, and that I feel I'll be able to look back on with pride long into the future. But it's hard to evaluate your own work objectively (or say positive things about your stuff without sounding like some braggy asshole ^^; ), so I'm very glad to hear that you (and others) think it's improved over time.

qGURP2M.png

Gabumon said:
*claps*

I'm actually almost done with the last part of my little thing. It's actually a sprite comic, but it's fairly unpolished. The backgrounds are just colors at the moment, I had to improvise with Shy Guy's sprites, and I need to get Dark Packy's sprites.

Gabumon said:
It's creepy how close to the actual event that is. Have you been spying?

Y-you can't prove a thing!

Since Mayor Mario is particularly evil, Walkazo did put loads of spy cameras outside and inside the library, and everywhere else she goes often, so I guess we can check footage.

You go do that then.

Grim said:
Since Mayor Mario is particularly evil, Walkazo did put loads of spy cameras outside and inside the library, and everywhere else she goes often, so I guess we can check footage.
i smell a spinoff

"I heard you have a surveillance problem?"

Yes.

Super Mario Wiki Town after hours - what really goes down in the shadows of the library. The genre will be a detective procedural with each chapter being a different case of mysterious doings and shocking truths. I will be switching to black paper and those special markers that write on black surfaces to properly capture the noir feel we will be aiming for. It gonna be gud.

Gabumon said:
By that point, he had learned to get the soup without all the beard-preservatives. And to invest in a fire-proof apron. Just in case.

So what exactly is the reason for putting beard preservatives into a soup in the first place?

Did you run out of ingredients and had to improvise?

Ask 876 - I didn't make the soup, I just refused to eat it. For good reason. It was probably store bought, tho: that shit's always got toxic chemicals.

IDK if 876 seems like the type for that. He probably handmade that soup very painstakingly and with love just for you.

And then he put beard preservatives in it for some reason.

Because nothing says love than beard preservatives.

Also, ergh I just stayed up until 4 AM working on a presentation that's not even due tomorrow. It's just some stupid group review session that's worth no marks and isn't even compulsory. And for some reason my group members thought that meeting in the morning would be the best time to do it. It is not the best time, it is the worst time, those silly loons.

Walkazo said:
Captain GBAToad said:
"mate, school ended yesterday go home already seriously what the hell is a mushroom kingdom"
"but sir I even used citations this time"

Walkazo said:
But anyway, so glad you like it!

Huh, interesting. This would look good in a behind-the-scenes documentary: "Dragon Issues: The Making of Dragon Problem"; I'd buy it (disclaimer I would not actually buy it). It doesn't matter if it's not completely improvised (I mean I sorta assumed you guys started planning a few things out towards the end to make sure it flowed well), I was referring to the fact that you guys have really gone above and beyond for something that was just a simple back-and-forth user battle comic and that's kinda magical.

Gabumon said:
aw every time I got sick you used the train instead

Walkazo said:
Super Mario Wiki Town after hours - what really goes down in the shadows of the library. The genre will be a detective procedural with each chapter being a different case of mysterious doings and shocking truths. I will be switching to black paper and those special markers that write on black surfaces to properly capture the noir feel we will be aiming for. It gonna be gud.
A sting operation conducted by officers of the 'Shroom Fake News Police Station reveals that every night, Yoshi876 spends an hour redrawing the top portion of his tattoo to cover up that he's actually the infamous Yoshi676, a notorious white collar criminal who's been on the run since embezzling many of Princess Peach's Toad idiots advisors with fake brick block investments

I haven't really said much about this comic, but I've still been keeping up with it. I absolutely love it! The artwork and story are superb. Keep up the good work guys ;D

Gabumon said:
IDK if 876 seems like the type for that. He probably handmade that soup very painstakingly and with love just for you.

And then he put beard preservatives in it for some reason.
IDK about love, but the reason I put beard preservatives is because I was warned by an old minion that if Walkazo doesn't like the food you make her, she spits it back at you, and may breathe fire. So I figured better protect my assets.

Back