"I heard you have a dragon problem?" (Chapter 50 / 50) It is done!

Re: "I heard you have a dragon problem?"

Please, not only did I not say that, she said what I really said about me a few days later. So that would be hypocrisy.

Oh, d'oh. I misremembered.

I was the host and you got annoyed with me putting you two together again, and I thought that's what she said.
i also implied it was icicle's revenge, not yours, therefore if she actually did that she would be crazy lel

She definitely would be if that was revenge, she was also annoyed when someone else put us together at a later date and made the exact same points I did, so going on to kill me after that would be pretty weird.

ripipinip everyone I murdered

and if I was on the mayor's side (even as a weapon) which if I killed you guys I would be, why was I killed?

Because you were no longer of use to him.

After he ended us all using you, he probably threw you to the floor and crushed you to bits.

Noooo, Pidgey! :'(

Oh, they also killed my son I guess.

Oh well, gonna get a new one or something.

Greg Lestrade said:
and if I was on the mayor's side (even as a weapon) which if I killed you guys I would be, why was I killed?

It says right in the chapter itself that the assassins get eliminated themselves after they are done.

Robin said:
She definitely would be if that was revenge, she was also annoyed when someone else put us together at a later date and made the exact same points I did, so going on to kill me after that would be pretty weird.
that's true

carry on

Greg Lestrade said:
wait I thought I was supposed to be like one of the assassins' weapons or something
no I don't want to be a bad guy :<
I’m not a bad guy
I’ve just now been designed that way
No matter what I try
I can’t help but hurt those close to me
And I can’t see a way out this time

...These aren’t my hands
These icicles take their place...

Anyway, I needed you to die at the same time as the Marios (the murders are chronological going by the plaque: Ghost Jam's narration's jumping around for dramatic effect for his two listeners), and icicles have always struck me as the perfect way to murder someone without leaving a trace - and by that point, Starlow was trying to be discrete, hoping to avoid sparking more high-profile cheese factory or 'Shroom incidents, so she'd definitely want to make use of such a sneaky weapon. Maybe she blackmailed you into it, who knows.

How she quietly disposed of Bop is also a mystery, as are the gory details of whatever happened to LN1, and she also left the failed assassination attempts on me off the plaque (more for pride than discreteness, however, probably) - so whatever unfortunate sacks she sent before Edo are also up to the imagination (for now). Her desire to keep her peacekeeping low profile more often than not (except for strategically showy executions involving Mario himself) is why she has all her operatives killed after the job - or during it, as in the case of Shadowshy, since she knew full well that he couldn't kill Ghost Jam. There also might've been more deaths not touched on here: the bottom row(s) of the plaque weren't shown in detail, after all. Perhaps Roserade died in the SSG battle too, maybe Dippy.

Maybe

even

you

(Unless you're at the party or the diner or are already dead or something, then obviously you can't have one of those mystery name spaces. Sucker.)

(The exposition continues even after the side-chapter ends. It just keeps hapening. I should throw in some rainbow gradients for good measure too. Oh wait.)

Walkazo said:
you

(Unless you're at the party or the diner or are already dead or something, then obviously you can't have one of those mystery name spaces. Sucker.)
What if one happens to be at a different party?

Well

That is interesting.

Now I think of it, it appears my character hasn't done discreditable things as of this point in time. Kind of fits, I usually don't do much stuff when worlds around me change in this way I guess.

Though I wonder; if Mario and Starlow kind of press on the inhabitants, why don't they (the latter) sneak away to a far away place or something? Why stay?

Duke Devlin said:
Walkazo said:
you

What if one happens to be at a different party?
If there is a party thrown at the same time as a Mario Party, then its attendants might not be on the plaque at that moment... but they will be.

Lakituthequick said:
Though I wonder; if Mario and Starlow kind of press on the inhabitants, why don't they (the latter) sneak away to a far away place or something? Why stay?
It's not from a Megas song, but I've always thought this is very true about the MWiki community:

You can check-out any time you like,
But you can never leave.

This is in effect in the comic, but turned up to 11. After all:

Timetoduel3_505.png

No one turns their back on Mario while Starlow's around. Or else.

I know why the murder happened.

It's obvious. Clearly Icemario was happy to have been accepted into SMB's secret club, and he wanted IcicleRain to become a member too. So he convinced SMB to invite her as well. But then SMB put "Iciclerain" onto the invitation by accident. Enraged and horrified by this grave incident, IcicleRain then murdered everyone in the secret club and Icemario too because he didn't correct SMB.

Little did she know that the office of mayor controls the postal service and that the "accidental misspelling incident" was just a fabrication.

A tragic tale. :'(

Gabumon said:
I know why the murder happened.

It's obvious. Clearly Icemario was happy to have been accepted into SMB's secret club, and he wanted IcicleRain to become a member too. So he convinced SMB to invite her as well. But then SMB put "Iciclerain" onto the invitation by accident. Enraged and horrified by this grave incident, IcicleRain then murdered everyone in the secret club and Icemario too because he didn't correct SMB.

Little did she know that the office of mayor controls the postal service and that the "accidental misspelling incident" was just a fabrication.

A tragic tale. :'(
:'(

Saddest tale of our time.

Now the only question left is, why did Shadowshy become the office of the mayor's assassin too...

Walkazo said:
Lakituthequick said:
[...]

No one turns their back on Mario while Starlow's around. Or else.
Oh yeah, forgot to say that (in my head) Bop was trying to leave the corruption and murder behind (walking off into the sunset with his hair blowing all dramatically like a boss), but ended up checking out in a different way than what he intended.

Does she really? She's a star sprite, a magical star being thingamabob, who knows if she sleeps.

Also, there are ways to turn a population against itself to make supervision and control much easier. You can give some citizens privilegues for ratting out dissidents and stuff like that, and eventually everyone will be watching everyone else FOR the government. East Germany loved employing techniques like that back when it was still isolated.

Gabumon said:
Does she really? She's a star sprite, a magical star being thingamabob, who knows if she sleeps.

Also, there are ways to turn a population against itself to make supervision and control much easier. You can give some citizens privilegues for ratting out dissidents and stuff like that, and eventually everyone will be watching everyone else FOR the government. East Germany loved employing techniques like that back when it was still isolated.
iirc saddam hussein's government did something much the same

it wasn't just rewards, it was also punishment (more like some combination of the stick and carrot method). citizens would be rewarded if they caught someone but also punished if they had failed to report someone who was against the government

if they just had rewards, it would be too easy to just let dissidents go about their business. but if you know you're going to get in trouble as well, it's harder to allow them to continue when your family is threatened

Well, in a twisted sense, the absence of punishment pretty much is a reward too if you live in such a hellhole.

But yeah, the general point is that there are ways to keep the population under control.

Bandit Keith said:
Mario is some narcissist douchebag, it seems. Which makes me wonder, where is/was the actual Luigi?
He's married and living far far away from his crazy-ass brother and his shenanigans:

Timetoduel3_382.png

Walkazo said:
Bandit Keith said:
Mario is some narcissist douchebag, it seems. Which makes me wonder, where is/was the actual Luigi?
He's married and living far far away from his crazy-ass brother and his shenanigans:

Timetoduel3_382.png
Speaking of that, is the guy in the top left Prince Peasely

Back