Video Game moments that make you want to cry

Koopakoolklub

Raccon Turtles flying through the sky
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity
The message in the Frism from all the partners, and the flashbacks.
Even the player Pokemon cries. :'(

*cough*

th

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky

The ending.

Like, the actual ending, not the post-story bonus arc ending.

I mean sure, they pull a deus ex machina that fixes the sad parts after a while, but goddamn.

Nearly cried in SSBB when the Ancient Minister burned.

...BUT THEN THEY HAD TO BE TROLLS.

DragonFreak said:
Mother 3. Like... people who have played Mother 3, you know what I mean.

Yes, you mean half the game, right?

Mother 3, the ending of Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky, and the endings of Professor Layton and the Unwound Future, Miracle Mask, and Last Specter.

Not BMB said:
Roserade the Real Bombchu said:

Lol, I saw it and it didn't make me feel anything.

Emmeryn's suicide in FE:A and everyone's reaction though...

Did you just look up the scene or did you actually play the game?

I have no idea whether it is sad since I only tried to play FF7 once and was immediately turned away, but usually scenes like this have a different impact on you if you've actually been there all the way.

Fire Emblem Awakening Chapters 9 & 10

The music really sells the moment in Chapter 10, although I wish they'd made the game cut out your character's annoying voices during the chapter. It hurt the mood so much I went and manually turned them off.

Also that chapter in Sacred Stones with Ephraim vs Selena, although that wasn't nearly as moving as Awakening's.

There were a few parts of Bioshock Infinite's ending that were close. The best part was while the credits were rolling and "God Only Knows" was playing, the song took on a whole different meaning after the ending (before that it was just this cool little bit in the opening).

Explorer's of Sky ending for sure

I hardly cry at video games (except for the above exception, at least the first time I played it) but this series manages to create such sombre and heavy moments that it's really hard to resist. [nobbc]:([/nobbc]

To me, Luna's ending is probably the saddest in the game, even after two playthroughs I still find it really tear-jerking. Although I guess Tenmyouji's ending also counts since I felt like crying the first time.

Magolor said:
the endings of Professor Layton and the Unwound Future, Miracle Mask, and Last Specter.
The first two immediately sprang to mind, along with the Diabolical Box. Didn't really think Last Specter was that sad though.

New Super Mario said:
Skyward Sword.

Just. It's too good. :'(

Actually, Skyward Sword is definitely one that makes you want to cry. For me though, it has to do with my tears of frustration at the controls. :P

Dany Lannister said:
Skyward Sword's ending

I know! One good-bye was hard enough, and then the other one... :(

Seadramon said:
Did you just look up the scene or did you actually play the game?

I have no idea whether it is sad since I only tried to play FF7 once and was immediately turned away, but usually scenes like this have a different impact on you if you've actually been there all the way.

I heard about the scene, so I decided to watch the cutscenes throughout the game, so I wasn't cold turkey, but I probably would have felt a little bit more had I personally played the game and stuff.

I didn't mean to make an offense for lol-ing; that was me chuckling at myself for not feeling anything.

I cry in Dota 2 when I get ganked by Viper. The horror...

Seadramon said:
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky

The ending.

Like, the actual ending, not the post-story bonus arc ending.

I mean sure, they pull a deus ex machina that fixes the sad parts after a while, but goddamn.
I remember being really sad when I watched the ending ;_;

Aside from that game, no other ending has had that sort of impact on me (or at least none that were noteworthy enough for me to remember).

Crocodile Dippy said:
I remember once as Nyx I got Assassinated by a Sniper even though all you have to do to stop it is push E.

also laning against viper uuuugggghhhhh that stupid poison is awful

I don't cry in moments as in movies or video games. I might be specifically emotionally-based but for some reason, these don't faze me. Granted, I'd be lying if I said I have absolutely no feeling but I never find myself actively crying at moments.

Dr. Javelin said:
Crocodile Dippy said:
I remember once as Nyx I got Assassinated by a Sniper even though all you have to do to stop it is push E.

also laning against viper uuuugggghhhhh that stupid poison is awful
i love viper ;-;

it's no fun to play against

until later when you can gank him all the time because he has so little health

nyx nyx nyx

Rosalina's Storybook and the ending of the same game.

Yeah it's predictable on a Mario forum but there really aren't a lot of other games I've played that have any tear-jerker moments that have actually worked on me, combined with the possible nostalgia factor, and of course with that music. Basically I pretty much never get emotional when watching/playing anything aside from this one exception.

Oh yeah and the first time I watched Mario Kart 8's April trailer, shouldn't need to explain why.

Back