Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Awards Committee
'Shroom Consultant
Pronouns
She/her
MarioWiki
Smasher
So I have enough money to get a Wii U or 3DS game for my birthday, but while I have a few in mind I am completely undecided as to which one to get. Here's the games I've considered:

-Tomodachi Life
-The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
-Mario & Luigi: Dream Team (most likely not getting this one, though)
-Lego City Undercover
-Rayman Legends
-Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

So yeah, tell me why I should/shouldn't get one of these. You can also suggest something else entirely, here's what I already have:

3DS:

Steel Diver
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
Star Fox 64 3D
Pokémon Rumble Blast
Super Mario 3D Land
Mario Kart 7
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Mario Tennis Open
Fire Emblem Awakening
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Pokémon X
Kirby Triple Deluxe
Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition

Wii U:

Nintendo Land
New Super Mario Bros. U + New Super Luigi U
Pikmin 3
The Wonderful 101
Super Mario 3D World
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Mario Kart 8
Sonic Lost World
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Scribblenauts Unmasked

Thanks for any imput.

Re: suggest 3ds/wii u games for me

Those are all great choices. I haven't played Lego City Undercover or Tomodachi Life yet (I will likely get the latter sometime in the future), but I did enjoy the other four. I would either get The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds or Mario & Luigi: Dream Team. A Link Between Worlds plays like most 2D Zelda titles while Dream Team plays like previous Mario & Luigi games. It's up to your preference of the two styles of gameplay.

LEGO City Undercover is fantastic and hilarious, the only real downside is the horrid loading times. (Like 45 seconds and stuff)

Arkham City: Armored Edition is a great game. If you're not a Batman or comic fan, you may not enjoy it. Even then, the gameplay is awesome and I'd still recommend it.

Also if you live in the United States, you could always get Shin Megami Tensei IV. ;)

only get tomodachi life if you have the patience to scan qr codes, make miis, check in daily, etc

but DEFINITELY get lego city undercover; it's a fantastic game from top to bottom, i've thrown at least 25 hours into the game and i think i'm 25% complete overall (including the story)

Lumastar said:
I would either get The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds or Mario & Luigi: Dream Team. A Link Between Worlds plays like most 2D Zelda titles while Dream Team plays like previous Mario & Luigi games. It's up to your preference of the two styles of gameplay.

I like the 2D Zeldas more than I like Mario & Luigi so if those were the only two options I think I'd probably go with Link Between Worlds.

Aiko Heiwa said:
LEGO City Undercover is fantastic and hilarious, the only real downside is the horrid loading times. (Like 45 seconds and stuff)

Long loading times can be irritating but I can live with them if the game's enjoyable enough.

GalacticPetey said:
Arkham City: Armored Edition is a great game. If you're not a Batman or comic fan, you may not enjoy it. Even then, the gameplay is awesome and I'd still recommend it.

I've considered the Arkham games but ehh I don't really like Batman.

Vince McMahon said:
only get tomodachi life if you have the patience to scan qr codes, make miis, check in daily, etc

Yeah, I'm not sure if I'd be able to do that for too long.

I recommend getting SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed. It's a really fun and slightly difficult racing game, it definitely feels very different from mario kart games and the flying/water sections remind me of diddy kong racing. The tracks are really stunning and a lot of them change their layout as you race, through destroying previous paths or opening up new ones.

It has a nice single player mode where you go along a path completing races or types of minigames on the tracks (Traffic Control; where you race while avoiding little cars or Tank; where you battle against a boss tank that you have to keep up with and destroy with rockets).

Honestly I enjoyed it more than I've enjoyed any mario kart game, the first sega racing game was good but missed the kind of options and replay value that I found this one has.

Tailmon said:
So I have enough money to get a Wii U or 3DS game for my birthday, but while I have a few in mind I am completely undecided as to which one to get. Here's the games I've considered:

-Tomodachi Life
-The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds <------ Excellent game, favourite Zelda I've played
-Mario & Luigi: Dream Team (most likely not getting this one, though) <----- Excellent game, worth getting if you want more Mario & Luigi
-Lego City Undercover
-Rayman Legends

I'd recommend Mario Golf: World Tour because it's a fun game (considerably more so than Mario Tennis Open) and I've spent over 300 hours on it. Plus the DLC almost doubles the game's content and if you have friends to play the game with it's definitely worth it.

I don't have anyone to play it with and I have no way of getting the DLC. Also I've lost interest in Mario sports games so ehh.

Besides, I've already bought the game. I decided against getting a 3DS game and the only Wii U game that WalMart had of the three I mentioned was Lego City Undercover, so that's what I got.

Tailmon said:
I don't have anyone to play it with and I have no way of getting the DLC. Also I've lost interest in Mario sports games so ehh.

Besides, I've already bought the game. I decided against getting a 3DS game and the only Wii U game that WalMart had of the three I mentioned was Lego City Undercover, so that's what I got.
brent_rambo_approves.gif

you made the right choice

Tailmon said:

Well, it's not region-locked like MTO and there's a bunch of people who play the game here, but if you've already bought a game I guess that's it then.

I have dial-up, so...

The new Xenoblade Chronicles when it comes out...for released games, Lego City Undercover was a good choice yeah.
3D Player 2004 said:
Tailmon said:

this is the correct choice.
Wii U version's solid, 3DS one's glitchy as hell.

if you still have money, get professor layton and the miracle mask

no game money right now, I might bump this next time I have some though

Ok I have about 20 bucks that I'd like to buy something with. This time I don't have a particular system I want to get a game for and I'm able to get games for older systems, so feel free to suggest anything that was released on any of the following:

-SNES
-Nintendo 64
-Gamecube
-Wii
-Wii U
-Game Boy
-Game Boy Color
-Game Boy Advance
-DS
-3DS
-PlayStation
-PlayStation 2
-PlayStation 3
-PlayStation Portable
-Xbox
-Dreamcast

I have way too many games to list here, though most of them are in my Backloggery which is linked to in my sig.

I already own it.

Back