Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

Luigidaisy1

The Captain Falcon Theorist
I recently had bought SMRPG for the Wii virtual console, and so for, I really enjoy the game. I love the RPG battles/characters/enemies/music/etc. Playing through it made me realize, I never really hear about peoples opinions of that game. So I decided to write this topic so you guys can tell how much you love/hate this game.

I really love the RPGs in general, as they seem to have a certain charm to them. You get the sense that you're not just fighting for yourself, but all these unnamed but memorable people as well. :D

I don't know why, but this game is boring to me, it doesn't have the charm of Paper Mario games. I still didn't finish it.

Lumastar said:
DragonFreak said:
SMRPG is my favorite Mario RPG and my second favorite Mario game. It so fun and quirky. Like it is not the most advanced RPG by a long shot, but I still love it to death.
It was the first RPG to have action commands.

No it wasn't.

I love SMRPG, but I think the paper mario series is better. I'm not sure about Mario & Luigi, I'd say it's about as good as Dream Team which I consider to be the primus of the series (M&L)

GabbyHayes said:

I'm honestly surprised how people keep saying this game is hard

After I recruit Peach I just keep a Mario, Geno, Peach Party for the rest of the game. Mario for physical damage, Geno for spam Geno whirl, and peach for healing. I always make sure to have tons of items, and the rest literally is no problem. I always manage to beat Culex when I get to Monstro Town the first time around (after purchasing the magic stone before) fairly easy with this combo.

Well, Im still stuck on Coco, and I have to keep reviving them (Mostly mario) And I have a soda thingie, but I dont know what it does. I always die. Help?

Which Croco, first or second?

If it's the first, Mallow has a special move that replenishes some HP I think. With Mario, use the fireballs or Super Jump if you have it (probably not).

if all else fsails, go back to the town and stock up on items. Never run low on those, always spend all your money at the start of the game.

you may want to save it later though.

Mcmadness said:
Lumastar said:
DragonFreak said:
SMRPG is my favorite Mario RPG and my second favorite Mario game. It so fun and quirky. Like it is not the most advanced RPG by a long shot, but I still love it to death.

No it wasn't.
Then what RPG was it?

GabbyHayes said:
FЯЕ4КШ0ЯГD said:
GabbyHayes said:
What does the soda do?

sorry i have no idea what you mean. there is an item called kerokero cola but you shouldnt get that until later.

Thats what I ment

Oh, okay. Well I think it replenished like 50 hp of all party members, but to be sure you should wait until you reach the tadpole pond, as you can purchase it and other items there.

Lumastar said:
Mcmadness said:
Lumastar said:
DragonFreak said:

No it wasn't.
Then what RPG was it?

I don't which one exactly came first but Final Fantasy 6 had Sabin who with his Blitz abilities required the player to input a combination of buttons to execute an attack properly, and that game came out about 2 years before SMRPG

Love the game. All of the Mario RPG games are great and though it's not quite as good as the Paper Mario and Mario and Luigi games it's still a classic.

Back