Games with split opinions

NSY

Celestial Guide
So what games do you like/dislike that have very polarised opinions. Games that have both it's fair share of fans and haters.

Cirdec said:
I like Mario Party 9 a lot.
Per this.

I thought Sticker Star was pretty okay. Then again, this is coming from someone who never played Paper Mario or Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door.

Sonic Lost World I think is one. Though really most Sonic games after the Adventure series are kinda this by default. Or on some occasions anything after Sonic the Hedgehog 3.

I'm going to throw Deadly Premonition in here because it is often regarded as among the most polarising games ever made, even tho y'all have never played it and probably have no interest in playing it.

I really like Skyward Sword.

Skyward is has very split opinions. While I did like the game myself, I felt that the game doesn't suit everyone and I understand why.

Crocodile Dippy said:
I'm going to throw Deadly Premonition in here because it is often regarded as among the most polarising games ever made, even tho y'all have never played it and probably have no interest in playing it.

I want to play it, but it's too expensive right now (and if it was discounted in the summer sale, I wasn't aware of it).

Spore

I wasn't around with the whole reveal of the game so I mostly avoided the vast disappointment but I still think it's one of the best games ever made, along with several other people who have creative abilities and don't really care that its main game is a bit shallow. Especially its expansion pack Galactic Adventures.

Back