Critically Acclaimed TV Shows you hate

Boo Diddly

Shine Sprite
From the opposite of Magikrazy's topic, I decided to do this.

I think Dora the Explorer was annoying, you know why.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is just a "whatever" show. I'll never understand why it was so popular, never will. Northern Verve's lengthy essay about it still didn't captivate me. I watched the show. I still feel like it's nothing extraordinary, it's not memorable, I can't remember any memorable lines, nothing. Granted, I'd watch it over modern Spongebob or Fairly Oddparents any day of the year because at least it was written seriously and at least the writers have talent.

Adventure Time was also a show that I didn't like too much. I'm not really a fan of its humor.

@Baby Luigi: If I may say, alot of it may kinda come from that I really just like the Mane 6. Especially Twilight, who happens to be the main character of the show. Know how much you like Baby Luigi? Just imagine that I like Twilight in a similar way. I can't get enough of her, and a big reason why any currently running show just can't capture my attention as well.

On-topic however. I don't think there's a really famous show that I hate. There's some that I don't really care for one reason or another. Like Adventure Time or Regular Show. Or even older cartoons such as Rugrats. But I don't hate them. I just never really cared about them too much.

Northern Verve said:
@Baby Luigi: If I may say, alot of it may kinda come from that I really just like the Mane 6. Especially Twilight, who happens to be the main character of the show. Know how much you like Baby Luigi? Just imagine that I like Twilight in a similar way. I can't get enough of her, and a big reason why any currently running show just can't capture my attention as well.

That's an understandable reason to like a show because of the character in it. People don't understand how I can like a baby character as much as I do, much less a character who is pretty much a different variation of an existing one in a series where character development is not first priority (I love Baby Luigi a whole freaking lot, just look at my early emails, thousands of drawings, and some merchandise about Baby Luigi, not to mention my modding experience primarily comes from my desire to put Baby Luigi in Super Smash Bros. Brawl)

I think he means by how much time it's on air.

Yeah, but Nick overplays every *bleep*y show these days.

At least they rerun old Spongebob and Fairly Oddparents from time to time

Yeah. Nicktoons has some good shows on there too, but really, Nick has no idea how to balance out airtime. Most of the time it feels like they allocate 12 hours of the day to *bleep*y new Spongebob and the other 12 hours to *insert whatever bleepy animated show it is they're overpromoting this time here*

It's a shame. Nick has one good show right now, which is Korra. They are handeling it so poorly. Leaked episodes, hardly any marketing, announcing the third season a week before the premiere, and just rushing through it by showing two episodes every Friday.

They also had Dragon Ball Z Kai which they don't seem to air anymore. They also heavliy censored it. If you knew the show was violent, why even pick it up in the first place? What do we have now? Occasional reruns of Dragon Ball GT.

G fucking T.

Just going through this thread, I like Dora the Explorer, MLPFIM, Adventure Time, Regular Show, Rugrats, iCarly, Spongebob, and FOP.

As for which Critically Acclaimed TV Shows I don't like? Well, I have a very short attention span and I've been having trouble getting into Game of Thrones. I don't want to say I dislike it but I'm a manchild and every time I try to watch it I get really, really, really bored.

Ha, I just insulted Game of Thrones on the internet. Think you're brave insulting LttP and OoT, Egoraptor? Eat your heart out. :^)

GalacticPetey said:
It's a shame. Nick has one good show right now, which is Korra. They are handeling it so poorly. Leaked episodes, hardly any marketing, announcing the third season a week before the premiere, and just rushing through it by showing two episodes every Friday.

They also had Dragon Ball Z Kai which they don't seem to air anymore. They also heavliy censored it. If you knew the show was violent, why even pick it up in the first place? What do we have now? Occasional reruns of Dragon Ball GT.

G fucking T.
I don't think I watched anything from Nick since Victorious ended. Seriously. They have just gone down the drain. Like Nick used to have great cartoons and TV series, but not anymore.

Toothless said:
GalacticPetey said:

G *bleep*ing T.
I don't think I watched anything from Nick since Victorious ended. Seriously. They have just gone down the drain. Like Nick used to have great cartoons and TV series, but not anymore.
I wasn't even paying attention then. Although Penguins of Madagascar was pretty awesome.

Yeah, there are still re-runs on Nicktoons though.

Not sure if this is critically acclaimed, but I don't like Power Rangers Samurai. But what's really annoying is that Nicktoons constantly advertises it and Megaforce, even though it's NickTOONS. What is this, CN Real?

For the love of *bleep* man, not even Pepperidge Farm remembers the last time Power Rangers was critically acclaimed.

Back