Any Characters that look overpowered in Smash 4.

Little Mac looks like he's horrible. A character with horrible air game is 50% crippled, no matter how good his ground game is. His air game is terrible.

Greninja seems really fast but I don't think he is overpowered, he is just a good character with less flaws than the others (which is pretty much the same with every smash game). To add onto that, the meteor d-air goes straight down and with brawl air dodges it won't be as threatening

Rosalina is a huge target, I think that will make here less useful than she would otherwise. She could be interesting but Luma might be more difficult to use effectively because iirc it moves around on it's own in whatever direction it wants when it is away from you. I don't know the mechanics of the Luma enough to be sure, but she isn't OP.

Mega Man looks like he doesn't have many good moves tbh so I don't think he is overpowered, he seems to be a hit and run character using his mega buster to get in, smack the opponent then get the fuck out of there.

Armin Arlert said:
Little Mac and Greninja definitely seem very OP at the moment.

With Little Mac, he'll be pretty balanced on certain stages (like Skyloft and Palutena's Temple with a lot of air space), but probably be beast with stages like Mario Galaxy or Coliseum where there are little aerial combat and walk-off.

And Greninja people have already stated above.

Rosalina could potentially be a pretty powerful character, but I see her being a character that is hard to pick up, but once you master her moves and stuff, she'll probably be in the top-tier.

Mega Man doesn't look OP to me. He looks like a great character that is fairly balanced.
As Crackin said, Little Mac's horrible air game is really gonna cripple him. Get him off stage, and he's gone. You thought Melee Falco was bad? This is just bleh. I was watching a match and Little Mac's forward air couldn't even kill at like 200%.

Greninja is not OP, he just looks like a good character. Very Sheik like.

Rosalina could really go either way. Like Mewtwo, she's a big target that's also light. Not a good combination. She's also gonna be very hard to master. KDJ did well with her at the invitational despite having a limited time to play her. She has the potential to be good, but we'll just have to wait and see. She definitely won't be OP though.

I agree that Mega Man has nothing to make him OP. He just looks like a projectile spammer.

If you ask me, Little Mac has enough ability to stay on the ground, along with what I said before, which could make him quite a strong character.

FD is the only consistently flat stage though so that'd be a pretty good option for anyone looking to main Little Mac. It looks like he has some good kill moves and his OHKO punch could be likened to a rest if you manage to connect. I feel like his edge guarding game will be terrible no matter what you do, so I guess it really is crucial to have that OHKO connect.

Falco has proven you don't need a good recovery to be a solid character. However, I can't see Little Mac being too big of a threat. He may be something you see every now in then like Ganondorf, but will not be like Fox or Sheik in terms of usage.

Falco has good aerials and can edge guard off the stage effectively. Little Mac has laggy aerials that do little damage and knock back, there's no way intercepting off stage will work in his favor. His horizontal recovery isn't too bad since he has that jump attack thing but I don't see that being used in edge guards besides styling on someone.

GalacticPetey said:
Falco has proven you don't need a good recovery to be a solid character. However, I can't see Little Mac being too big of a threat. He may be something you see every now in then like Ganondorf, but will not be like Fox or Sheik in terms of usage.

Falco recovery is not the best, but at least you can choose the direction. With Little Mac, you know it can be only vertical, making him very predictable.

Shy Guy Forever said:
Cirdec said:
Little Mac looks bad because horrible recovery.
But his ground game is terrific.
And his air game is still awful. Once he's in the air he's dead meat.

Shy Guy Forever said:
But on stages like Final Destination, he can be a boss.
FINAL DESTINATION LITTLE MAC ONLY NO ITEMS

Back