Who do you start with in Mega Man games?

Pyro

Power Star
I thought this would be a fun thread.

Mega Man 1: Guts Man, as I find him pretty easy (he takes double buster damage) and the only real problem in the stage is those droppy platforms.
Mega Man 2: Air Man, to get Item-2, kill Crash Man as I dislike his stage, and because Air Man himself isn't a very complicated boss.
Mega Man 3: Snake Man, because he's really, really easy. I can then kill Gemini Man and afterwards Needle Man to get Rush Jet.
Mega Man 4: Depends. Usually I go with Dust Man as I find both him and his stage not too hard, but if I'm feeling ballsy I go after Pharaoh Man.
Mega Man 5: Star Man, because of obvious reasons.
Mega Man 6: Flame Man, because of Rush Power Adaptor.
Mega Man 9: The one time I played it I started with Concrete Man, but if I play again I'll probably go with something that will give me a weapon to quickly kill that stupid miniboss in Jewel Man's stage.
Mega Man 10: Sheep Man, because...I have no clue.

Guts Man - because easy
Honestly in Mega Man 2, I'll just pick one of 'em at random and go from there
Needle Man - because broken Rush Jet
Drill Man - best weapon in MM4
Gravity Man - has one of the few good weapons in MM5. Seriously Mega Buster is too OP, nerf plz.
Flame Man - per pyro
Freeze Man - because why not
Grenade Man - no reason
Galaxy Man - easy with the added bonus of awesome stage theme and weapon
Chill Man - not sure why, really
Haven't played MM&B in a while so I can't remember my pecking order.

GAME BOY
Ice Man - super easy pattern and Ice Slasher is p.good here
Metal Man - still wonderfully broken but MMII is piss easy so it doesn't really matter
Shadow Man - having a weapon you can aim is always a good thing and he's easier here than his NES counterpart
Toad Man - just like his NES counterpart, he's a total joke that gives you the "hurt/kill everything on the screen move"
Mercury - see Galaxy Man

Pyro said:
but if I play again I'll probably go with something that will give me a weapon to quickly kill that stupid miniboss in Jewel Man's stage.
You're gonna want Plug Man's weapon. That shit wrecks.

well since it seems relevant to the thread...
i just bought mega man xtreme 2. i was wondering what the best order for fighting the bosses would be?

Mega Man 1- Cut Man or sometimes Bomb Man if I don't want to go to any stage twice.

Mega Man 2- Flash Man

Mega Man 3- Top Man

Mega Man 4- Drill Man

Mega Man 5- Stone Man

Mega Man 6- Flame Man

Mega Man 7- Cloud Man

Mega Man 8- Frost Man

Mega Man & Bass- Cold Man

Mega Man 9- Tornado Man

Mega Man 10- Sheep Man

Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge- Ice Man

Mega Man II- Metal Man

Mega Man III- Shadow Man or Snake Man.

Mega Man IV- Toad Man

Mega Man V- Mercury or Neptune.

Rocket '3Koon said:
You're gonna want Plug Man's weapon. That shit wrecks.
Hornet Man's weapon is also pretty effective. It knocks it right out of the ceiling.

MM1- cut man, or elec man.
MM2- crash man
MM3- magnet man
MM4- frog man
MM5- train man
MM6- flame man
MM&B- that ice boss. (what was his name again? freeze man? idk)
MM Xtreme- chill penguin
MM Xtreme 2- I haven't played this in ages, so I forgot who I usually start with.

Pink Gold Aregularforumuser said:
MM1- cut man, or elec man.
MM2- crash man
MM3- magnet man
MM4- Toad man
MM5- Charge man
MM6- flame man
MM&B- Cold Man
MM X- chill penguin
MM X 2- I haven't played this in ages, so I forgot who I usually start with.
Fixed.

MM1 - Bomb Man
MM2 - Bubble Man or Metal Man
MM3 - Top Man
MM4 - Toad Man
MM5 - Star Man
MM6 - Knight Man
MM7 - IDK
MM10 - Sheep Man
MMX1 - Chill Penguin
MMX2 - Wire Sponge
MMX3 - Blizzard Buffalo
MMX5 - Grizzly Slash

Grenade Man - no reason
Tengu Man is also good choice, since he takes considerable amount of damage from charged shot.

BUMP with updates

Mega Man 1: Still Guts Man.
Mega Man 2: Still Air Man, but now instead of tackling Crash and then Quick I do Heat and then Quick.
Mega Man 3: Changed to Top Man because Top Spin is super broken. In both ways.
Mega Man 4: Changed to Bright Man because I don't fucking know.
Mega Man 5: Still Star Man.
Mega Man 6: Still Flame Man.
Mega Man 7: Usually Freeze Man, but in Rockman 7 Famicom you have all 8 from the start and in that case Shade comes first
Mega Man 9: Magma Man, because he's got an easy pattern to follow and the quick lasers aren't that bad
Mega Man 10: Sheep or Chill.

Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge: Cut Man because the Rolling Cutter magically became the best weapon ever in that game (it two-shots Big Eyes :spear:)
Mega Man II: Metal Man, what a surprise!
Mega Man III: Snake Man, 'cause he was my former MM3 start point
Mega Man IV: Toad Man because he's easy and they buffed Rain Flush for some reason
Mega Man V: Mercury, because some things (ex. explosions) do incredible damage in this game and you're gonna need Grab Buster to get the health back

Mega Man X: Chill Penguin, because take a wild fucking guess.

FANGAMES
Mega Man Unlimited: Nail or Rainbow, because they're both really easy, except Rainbow has quick lasers
Mega Man Rock Force: Circuit Man because Circuit Breaker is the best weapon I've ever seen ever
Mega Man DONGS: Punch Donkey because Power Glove is an OHKO weapon and super fun to use
Mega Man A Day in the Limelight 2: Hard Man because his stage is very easy and nets you Crash Man, who is amazing because Crash Bomb explodes on contact there. Then I go for Shadow because that's Quick Man's stage and he's very broken
Nezumiman: Ice Nezumi because the Ice Lance is pretty much Concrete Shot + Needle Cannon (well that's the best way I can describe it)

MM1: Cut Man because I find him to be the easiest.

MM2: Metal Man because Metal Blade.

MM3: Either Top Man or Snake Man.

MM4: Toad Man because he's ridiculously easy and the Rain Flush is good with minibosses.

MM5: Star Man.

MM6: Plant Man.

MM7: Cloud Man.

MM8: Tengu Man.

MM9: Galaxy Man because he's the easiest of the Robot Masters in that game or Splash Woman because she has the easiest stage.

MM10: Sheep Man.

X2: Either Wheel Gator or Bubble Crab

I used to do Overdrive Ostrich first, but I suck at beating him now without the proper weapon.

I start with Wheel Gator as well but that's mainly because you need his weapon to get both the dash and armor upgrades. And you need the dash upgrade to get the X-Buster upgrade.

ThreeThousand said:
I start with Wheel Gator as well but that's mainly because you need his weapon to get both the dash and armor upgrades. And you need the dash upgrade to get the X-Buster upgrade.

strange i always started with overdrive ostrich for awhile.

Although he is way more difficult than wheel gator.

Hmm maybe ill try that next time.

To be perfectly frank, I find it takes longer to kill Gator with the Strike Chain because every time you hit him with it, he goes back under the water/oil/blood/whatever you're supposed to be fighting him in. You can rack up more damage in less time using the Buster.

Back