Portal 2: good or bad?

Dashbot

BREEE
ya know, I'm planning to buy a Portal game for pc (never played one before).. And I was asking: is it good, is Portal 2 better than Portal 1. Is it very difficult or something? How entertaining is it? does it worth the money?

They're both good, the gameplay is interesting and the writing is very funny. One of the differences between them is that Portal 1 is a puzzle game with a story attached to it, whereas Portal 2 is a story game with puzzles attached to it. It kind of depends on which model you prefer, but they are both enjoyable. You also usually pick up how the gameplay works relatively fast.

You should probably think about playing Portal 1 first though. The games tie directly into each other and you might miss things if you don't know about the whole thing.

i find it blasphemous that you would use the words "portal 2" and "bad" in the same sentence

the portal series as a whole is just so fantastic, you have to get them

I prefer Portal 2 a lot more than Portal, but it's probably best to follow what Edo said and get the first one since there's events that happen on Portal 2 that happened in Portal.

portal? what's that

That's a joke. I'm probably the biggest Portal fan there is. I bought Portal 2 on launch day on a hunch, and it blew my mind. It's my favorite game ever, and undeniably one of the best games of the last generation. The puzzles and concept are brilliant, the difficulty curve is perfect, and the script is damn hilarious. If you can only get one, get Portal 2, since it's a fuller experience, but they're both cheap so I'd recommend getting both. Portal 1 is a bit harder than the second - it requires a lot more exploiting of the concept, whereas Portal 2 the solutions feel more natural.

But yeah, you have to get them. You'll love it, I assure you.

Back