Your favourite partner from PM and TTYD?

Watt644

Goomba
For PM, Watt is my favourite party member. She isn't the best in battle (that title goes to Sushie and Parakarry), but she's really cute, and has a unique power.

In TTYD, Vivian is my favourite partner by far. I loved the her shyness, and her dialogue was very heartwarming to read in some cases. Her appearance really appeals to me, with her spirally hair and purple coloring, and I like her attacks a lot, too. I wish I could see what her eyes looked like, though.

Two very adorable characters. :)

Watt isn't the best character in PM? Since when? His... her... their attack ignores defense and is not significantly weaker than any other partner's attack. Coupled with the fact that a lot of endgame enemies have at least some defense, and it pretty much makes Watt the most efficient partner in terms of raw damage output for low FP cost. For most people I know, Watt is the partner they use the most because of that. I'd go as far as saying it's a case of wonky balancing because, as long as you don't fight an enemy with zero defense, why would you ever use anyone else but Watt?

As far as TTYD goes, I can't decide between Goombella, Koops, Vivian, the Yoshi kid, or Admiral Bobbery. They're all too great to single out one of them.

til watt is female
for me itd be
pm - bow b/c she slaps ppl, and she got a sick fan too
ttyd - bobbery cause hes an og sailor and blows shit up. i mean ther was bombette but yo this guy has a fuken hat
spm - cudge cause i made him say a buncha stupid shit before he joins ur party and hammers are always a necessity

Actually, the game can't decide what Watt's gender is exactly. Sometimes it's her, sometimes it's him.

I personally like to think she's female, but it's not entirely clear.

Paper Mario - wow it's been a long time since I played this game. I guess I'd probably go with Bow if pressed, just because she was funnier than the other partners.

I didn't really like the partner system in the original. Someone deals three damage to them and they're useless for three turns? Super helpful there.

Thousand-Year Door - Vivian and Bobbery were both awesome. I think I'd rather go with Vivian just because she was more useful in battle to me because Fiery Jinx was cheaper than Bob-ombast and she could hit enemies anywhere with her regular attack, unlike Bobbery.

PM: Sushie because defense is better than attack in my opinion.
TTYD: Madame Flurrie, she is resistant and has cool moves.

Going to list mine for the whole series.

PM: Frankly I haven't played this game in ages, but I'd have to say either Parakarry or Bow. This may change whenever I get around to playing it again.
PM:TTYD: Bobbery because his story was so sad. Also his max-rank special move is really helpful for dealing a lot of damage.
SPM: Uhh, I love this game but its partners didn't really stand out as much. Probably Cudge since his cutscene was fun.
PM:SS: It had only one, and she was an asshole. So, none for me.

For PM, I can say Sushie, her last attack is very very powerful if you do it right, I actually can get a "9-10" maximum of it. (very hard though). For TTYD Yoshi Kid of course, but only if the enemy has no defense.

Seadramon said:
Actually, the game can't decide what Watt's gender is exactly. Sometimes it's her, sometimes it's him.

Watt is female, but when you use the Super Block, she's mistakenly referred to as a male, as well as in SPM (Catch Card).

Watt644 said:
Seadramon said:

Watt is female, but when you use the Super Block, she's mistakenly referred to as a male, as well as in SPM (Catch Card).
That's probably because, afaik, Japan doesn't use gender specific pronouns.

Back