Question about the Sunflowers on Pinna Island in SMS...

Watt644

Goomba
http://www.mariowiki.com/Sunflower_Kid

When do they say the quote at the top of the page? I talked to each of them in every mission and they didn't say that.

Do they actually say this in text form? Because this looks suspiciously like a subjective interpretion of the soundclip that plays when you interact with them. If this is the case and no official source can be produced that confirms this is what the soundclip says, the quote should be removed for being conjecture.

There are several ways to interpret what they're saying, and personally I never got "No, not another drip" out of it. To my knowledge they also smile when you water them, which makes no sense if they want you to stop.

EDIT:
So I booted up the game and checked the level they appear in myself. I could not get them to say the line in text. They change up what they're saying based on level progression, but not upon being sprayed with water. Saving them from the fake yoshi creatures as well as watering them makes them play a sound clip that seems to be the source of this quote.

However, I've listened to it several times, the clip seems to be in gibberish. The page quote appears to be the result of a mondegreen effect, where the listener hears words in the gibberish that are not actually there. Some people might hear "No, not another drip" (even though the amount of syllables doesn't seem to match up). Personally, I hear "Oh, much double-dip" (which makes no sense). If you get creative, you can also hear "Oh, I'm lovin' it". And of course there's also that particular interpretion Chuggaaconroy came up with once, which I won't post here.

Much talk, little to say: It seems unlikely the quote is official, and the article itself doesn't source its origin, so I removed it. If something concrete turns up, it can be readded, but I think for now it would be best to keep it off the article.

In any case, good catch, Watt644.

Seadramon said:
Do they actually say this in text form? Because this looks suspiciously like a subjective interpretion of the soundclip that plays when you interact with them. If this is the case and no official source can be produced that confirms this is what the soundclip says, the quote should be removed for being conjecture.

There are several ways to interpret what they're saying, and personally I never got "No, not another drip" out of it. To my knowledge they also smile when you water them, which makes no sense if they want you to stop.

EDIT:
So I booted up the game and checked the level they appear in myself. I could not get them to say the line in text. They change up what they're saying based on level progression, but not upon being sprayed with water. Saving them from the fake yoshi creatures as well as watering them makes them play a sound clip that seems to be the source of this quote.

However, I've listened to it several times, the clip seems to be in gibberish. The page quote appears to be the result of a mondegreen effect, where the listener hears words in the gibberish that are not actually there. Some people might hear "No, not another drip" (even though the amount of syllables doesn't seem to match up). Personally, I hear "Oh, much double-dip" (which makes no sense). If you get creative, you can also hear "Oh, I'm lovin' it". And of course there's also that particular interpretion Chuggaaconroy came up with once, which I won't post here.

Much talk, little to say: It seems unlikely the quote is official, and the article itself doesn't source its origin, so I removed it. If something concrete turns up, it can be readded, but I think for now it would be best to keep it off the article.

In any case, good catch, Watt644.
Thanks, and yeah, I realized after posting this topic that the quote was probably referring to the sound clip when you save them from the yoshi koopas. To me it sounds like Chuggaaconroy's interpretation, but slightly different ("oh, I love-ed it").

When I saw that quote on the wiki page, I thought it was maybe something the sunflowers said about the one of the enemies on the beach "no, not another drip!" (Drip, as in the insult).

One last thing: I seem to remember reading somewhere online that the sunflower's sound clip is in a different language (like German or something similar). If anyone finds that info, I'd love to hear about it.

YoshiGo99 said:
If feel like I remember just walking up to them and talking to them like most NPCs. I will check into that for every episode.
I already did that in every episode. They didn't say it. They just said stuff like "hello!", "Doesn't the sunshine feel lovely?" and "are those fireworks? Are they?", along with a few other things.

I hear "Mmm, that so a dick".

But the elder sounds more like "A mole, a who, a WAAAAAA!"

None of these make sense.

Back