An upcoming 3DS game will be shown at E3.

Rocket '3Koon said:
http://www.gonintendo.com/s/230649-codename-s-t-e-a-m-roundtable-live-blog

- "Players will take command of the unit steam a unique fighting force created by Abraham Lincoln to defend against a mysterious invasion from space,"

Well, I'm sold.
Wait what

so apparently it's an rpg that is reminiscent of Fire Emblem and Valkyrie Chronicles or something. Steampunk stuff, you have a limited amount of steam and you use it to move and attack.

shame it's only the conference atm and no footage has been released, i need visuals, stat

They mentioned in Treehouse that they're showing off footage tomorrow.

Project Steam is appearently about to be shown in the treehouse.

EDIT: Nvm its over someone misinformed me.

So is this about Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.? Could someone change the title of this topic so it'll be easier to search for?

Either way, here's the Treehouse Live @ E3 video covering the game.

My initial thoughts:

...So, if this is about Abraham Lincoln forming a "S.T.E.A.M. team" (lol), then why does the game take place in London? ...Eh, I'm sure it'll be explained in the game itself. ...Oh gosh, what if Lincoln's playable in this game, that would be so badass!!!

Also, not to be nitpicky, but isn't "revealing the name of a character/creature/etc." more of a manga thing then an American comic book thing? Then again, I don't read that many American comics, so who knows, maybe whenever Spider-Man gets a new adversary there's an info-box right underneath him/her explaining who he/she is and what his/her powers are.

...That being said, seeing them name-drop Jack Kirby and Bruce Timm like that really put a smile on my face!

As for the gameplay itself... I'll be honest, I'm not much for strategy games; not because I don't like them, I just suck at strategy games. This really looks appealing though, and I appreciate the genuine affection the developers have for the heavy American influences in this game. It will definitely be something I'll keep an eye out for!

Also, Reggie Fils-Amie talks about the game, and Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.'s introduction at the developer roundtable:

The game definitely interests me, though I'd have to see more than just the Treehouse footage before I would consider purchasing it.

Toothless said:
RPG I believe.

I had a feeling from your earlier comment, but I think you mean Fantasy Life when you say that, this game is a Tactical Third-Person Shooter.

Back