CLUE: The Scottish Mario Play ~ "Piglet, nae!" (A3S3)

Re: CLUE: The Scottish Mario Play ~ New update! (Act I, Scene 6)

the reason lady macbeth is such an awful character is that she has all these monologues and speeches about being evil and ambitious and whatever and yet she can't bring herself to actually kill the king. like, how do you even

i think the story would have been cooler, and macbeth more of a tragic figure, if lady macbeth actually murdered the king and then macbeth had to choose between doing the right thing and exposing her or staying loyal to his wife and taking power. that's an interesting moral choice that isn't in the actual play

Here evil is psychological and comes from the fact that she manipulates and convinces Macbeth to kill the King. She's the one who sets up the whole thing but just doesn't get involved with the dirty work.

no but she does get involved in the dirty work!!! that's the thing

she gets the guards drunk, steals their knives, and then she's like "lol nope" and just walks out (it's handwaved with the flimsy excuse of "he looked like my father"), hands the knives to macbeth, and says "now go do it, hubby!" it's dumb

then when macbeth walks back out with the knives she just takes them and puts them back with the guards like she never chickened out in the first place. seriously?

Re: CLUE: The Scottish Mario Play ~ Nitpicking welcome! (A1S7 out!)

I love the reference to the "I Hear You Have A Dragon Problem" thread.

just realized this is the furthest i have ever written a story on userpedia

guess fifth time's the charm

Duskull said:
Me too! <3

Anyway, I feel like getting "so high on alcohol" isn't actually a thing, but other than that, good chapter.

Walkazo said:
Duskull said:
Me too! <3

Anyway, I feel like getting "so high on alcohol" isn't actually a thing, but other than that, good chapter.

huh. i thought that line was clunky, but i didn't know any other synonyms for "drunk".

brb researching

edit: i think "inebriated" by itself works.

Wait, so that means that there will be a crossover between Dragon Problem and this?

Tuxedo Ridley said:
Wait, so that means that there will be a crossover between Dragon Problem and this?

no, it was just a one-off joke.

dragon problem's plot has nothing to do with clue, and vice versa.

Blissey said:
Tuxedo Ridley said:

no, it was just a one-off joke.

dragon problem's plot has nothing to do with clue, and vice versa.
That's what you say now...

Blissey said:
huh. i thought that line was clunky, but i didn't know any other synonyms for "drunk".

brb researching

edit: i think "inebriated" by itself works.
Off the top of my head... smashed, blotto, plastered, soused, pissed, wasted... and there's definitely tonnes more: way more fun ones than inebriated, anyway.

Walkazo said:
Off the top of my head... smashed, blotto, plastered, soused, pissed, wasted... and there's definitely tonnes more: way more fun ones than inebriated, anyway.
If I ever go out drinking I am so using that term before having my first drink.

personal experience: getting high is absolutely nothing like getting drunk

getting tipsy...kind of, endorphins run a little bit high there

but when you're full-on drunk, there's a reason they call it getting smashed

Re: CLUE: The Scottish Mario Play ~ Nitpicking welcome! (A2S1 out!)

Except for the "is this a dagger I see before me, [the handle toward my hand?]" part, I don't remember this scene at all in the play...

Walkazo said:
Except for the "is this a dagger I see before me, [the handle toward my hand?]" part, I don't remember this scene at all in the play...

Walkazo said:
^Pretty much this since it was the only exciting part on the Scene.

I found it hilarious that PTR was the dagger.

Walkazo said:

i wouldn't think so. the actual scene in the play was kind half recap of act 1, reminding the audience of the witch encounter and macbeth's intent to murder the king, and half introduction to fleance who doesn't really appear in the rest of the play.

since i felt like the original scene didn't have enough opportunities for humor, and because i didn't want to write what amounts to a rehash of the previous couple of scenes, i took some fanfic creative liberties and rewrote the first half from scratch.

sorry if you don't like it.

I think you already said that you'd be deviating from the original a bit anyways.

Back