What are you listening to right now? (PLEASE put videos behind spoiler tags)

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Half life 2 - Apprehension and Evasion (music)

"Smile Like You Mean It" - The Killers

tucayo said:
Well, I like covers a lot. Except for lady gaga's horrendous version of Viva la Vida.
But there's no definition of anything in Oasis' cover of "Heroes". They don't have the slow instrumental or emotional build-up of the original, nor do they have the same subtlety; it's just the same mess of badly produced noise and the singer's shrill, lifeless voice all the way through. That, and "Heroes" is already too brilliant a song for anyone but David Bowie himself to perform. It's just a bad cover, all-around.

Crocodile Dippy said:
tucayo said:
Well, I like covers a lot. Except for lady gaga's horrendous version of Viva la Vida.
But there's no definition of anything in Oasis' cover of "Heroes". They don't have the slow instrumental or emotional build-up of the original, nor do they have the same subtlety; it's just the same mess of badly produced noise and the singer's shrill, lifeless voice all the way through. That, and "Heroes" is already too brilliant a song for anyone but David Bowie himself to perform. It's just a bad cover, all-around.

Yeah, I have to give you that. I just happened to find it on YouTube.

BTW, if I'm honest with you, I prefer how Bowie sings it live than in the studio version, even if he always mixes the verses.

"Sound of Madness" - Shinedown

"Uprising" - Muse

Torches by Foster the People. Currently on "Helena Beat".

"Pumped Up Kicks" - Foster the People

"Crazy Train" - Ozzy Osbourne

"Dancing Mad (The Last Laugh)"

"Jive Talkin'" - Bee Gees

Back