What are you listening to right now? (PLEASE put videos behind spoiler tags)

Re: What are you listening to right now?

"T.N.T." - AC/DC

^The one used in the Sonic game?

"Kill All Hippies", by Primal Scream

PJ Harvey is actually pretty cool. I've only really heard her couple of songs with Thom Yorke, but those songs are really awesome. Yeah, Rolling Stone is awful. :\ So are big labels! Ugh! They're just screwing over all their artists! And some are actually pretty decent haha. And I'm not sure if he likes indie stuff, but he does love a paper that goes in an unusual direction. And it was quite unusual.

It was mostly Isis' post-metal that I got into first, but there's this sorta crossover indie folk/black metal album by Mount Eerie that I really liked, so I checked out some more stuff. And sludge is strange... It's like kinda strangely thoughtful... In a way. Ha. I can't describe it. I think I like the genres because they're so inaccessible and unusual. I like that they're different. I'll check out some thrash, but I'm not sure I'll like it. :P

And thanks! I'm glad you like it!

"...And The World Laughs With You (feat. Thom Yorke)" by Flying Lotus. The new FlyLo album is INCREDIBLE!

Bloc Partier said:
PJ Harvey is actually pretty cool. I've only really heard her couple of songs with Thom Yorke, but those songs are really awesome. Yeah, Rolling Stone is awful. :\ So are big labels! Ugh! They're just screwing over all their artists! And some are actually pretty decent haha. And I'm not sure if he likes indie stuff, but he does love a paper that goes in an unusual direction. And it was quite unusual.

It was mostly Isis' post-metal that I got into first, but there's this sorta crossover indie folk/black metal album by Mount Eerie that I really liked, so I checked out some more stuff. And sludge is strange... It's like kinda strangely thoughtful... In a way. Ha. I can't describe it. I think I like the genres because they're so inaccessible and unusual. I like that they're different. I'll check out some thrash, but I'm not sure I'll like it. :P

And thanks! I'm glad you like it!
PJ Harvey is a genius, dude; you have got to check out her other work. Rolling Stone used to be cool when Hunter S. Thompson was working with them, but they're just so hypocritical now. Little pricks. I know, right? These big labels treat their musicians like animals solely to make a profit; it's not right, man! But don't go saying anything like that around free market supporters; they'll take offense to it even tho we aren't attacking the free market system or anything and call you a "pretentious hipster communist hippie freak". It's annoying. Oh I see; either way, your teacher is a cool guy.

Isis are great; contemporary metalheads hate them for seeming 'pretentious', but then, these are the same metalheads who think Korn are 'C00L!' and Killswitch Engage are 'HRDCRE!" (what the fuck?). I can understand that; I love a lot of the strange styles of music for offering something new and different, in opposed to the redundant mainstream styles that are essentially just the exact same riff played over and over and over again for each song. Thrash is more about just rocking the fuck out, so yeah, you might not like it; any metalhead worth his/her salt loves the style, but you aren't really a metalhead, so yeah.

I'm totally buying your album when you release it, by the way. Maybe you can become a smash hit via word-of-mouth just like Sigur Ros did? That'd be cool.

"Crack the Skye", by Mastodon

Prog-metal is so awesome.

Yeah, it's annoying. I tried reading a couple magazines at my friend's house, but it just sucks. And yeah, it's truly awful. This really cool guy named Primary 1 just signed to Warner, and I was dumbfounded. He'll lose money, not make it. Or they'll probably make him make tracks with shitty pop artists like Ke$ha just to make a buck. Ugh. It's awful. And to hell with the free-marketers, it's screwing over America at the moment. But let's not make this a political argument. :P My teacher's awesome. :D

Isis are really cool. I can totally see your point, too; this kid I know hated them just because they scream some vocals, and he called them "not heavy," because he likes stuff that's heavier. WTF? Oh well. Korn and Killswitch Engage are awful. Not quite down to the level of Nickelback, but still really bad. Yup, I love the weird stuff. Always. I just get tired of the constant riffing that, to me, sounds so repetitive. And yeah, I'm far from a metalhead haha. Ah well. I'm dabbling in it.

Hahaha sweet! I can't wait till I get enough songs to finish at least an EP... I hope to start a full band this summer as well, so that should be great too. And yeah! I love how they became somewhat popular. It was great!

"Drunk Girls" by LCD Soundsystem.

You Rock My World

--Michael Jackson

Bloc Partier said:
Yeah, it's annoying. I tried reading a couple magazines at my friend's house, but it just sucks. And yeah, it's truly awful. This really cool guy named Primary 1 just signed to Warner, and I was dumbfounded. He'll lose money, not make it. Or they'll probably make him make tracks with shitty pop artists like Ke$ha just to make a buck. Ugh. It's awful. And to hell with the free-marketers, it's screwing over America at the moment. But let's not make this a political argument. :P My teacher's awesome. :D

Isis are really cool. I can totally see your point, too; this kid I know hated them just because they scream some vocals, and he called them "not heavy," because he likes stuff that's heavier. WTF? Oh well. Korn and Killswitch Engage are awful. Not quite down to the level of Nickelback, but still really bad. Yup, I love the weird stuff. Always. I just get tired of the constant riffing that, to me, sounds so repetitive. And yeah, I'm far from a metalhead haha. Ah well. I'm dabbling in it.

Hahaha sweet! I can't wait till I get enough songs to finish at least an EP... I hope to start a full band this summer as well, so that should be great too. And yeah! I love how they became somewhat popular. It was great!
I think the only two REALLY good things Rolling Stone ever did was label Kid A as the greatest album of the 2000s (but then, Pitchfork did that as well) and place Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band as the greatest album of all-time. I remember when Liz Phair - one of the most honest women in rock music - signed to a major label and was forced to make tween pop songs like Britney Spears; it was pain. If you're going to sign to a major label, please stick to your usual style, like when The White Stripes signed to one.

Yeah, today's metalheads are stupid; my brother is cool, tho, since he hates almost all of this new Korn/Killsiwtch Engage metal, yet loves Isis and bands like them. Although he does want more bands that are just rocking and badass metal, like Mastodon. Actually, that whole "it's not heavy" thing is a major problem with today's headbangers; if it happens to be softer than Bullet for My Valentine (who are fucking awful), they don't like it. Just because it's quieter doesn't make it bad, dammit! Riffing is the best part of metal, tho; hearing someone like Kerry King or Scott Ian play the fuck out of that guitar on some of the coolest riffs known to man is what it means to be a headbanger. I guess it just takes some getting used to for someone not formerly familiar with the style, I suppose; it took me a while to appreciate much of today's alternative hip hop, like The Streets and M.I.A.

Looking forward to it, man! Sigur Ros were just a random band from Iceland that somehow became a huge hit worldwide; no one seems to know how that happened, but it did, and it was a very good thing.

"Province", by TV on the Radio featuring David Bowie

I'm in Miami Bitch

--LMFAO

"Geek U.S.A.", by The Smashing Pumpkins

Every Girl

--Drake/Lil Wayne/Jae Milz

Actually pretty hilarious to listen to.

Ick.

"This Charming Man", by The Smiths

<3

Haha I know right.

Animal

--Miike Snow

Amazing Race 16 final episode.

The finish line is at Candlestick Park. I've been there. 8) (Ravens 9-7 win over the 49ers in 2007)

"Magic Doors", by Portishead

I Gotta Feeling

--Black Eyed Peas

Back