What are you listening to right now? (PLEASE put videos behind spoiler tags)

Re: What are you listening to right now?

It really is. Yankee Hotel Foxtrot does everything perfect except for the lyrics, in my opinion; I find them kind of boring. Nonetheless, it was fantastic. Yeah, Lauryn Hill (who hasn't released an album since 1998) and Erykah Badu are the last soul artists really keeping me interested in the genre; Gnarls Barkley kind of counts, but they're too strange to pigeonhole into one genre. Also, I never listened to Animal Collective; how are they?

"My Name Is Mud", by Primus

This is fucked up.

It really is. Yankee Hotel Foxtrot does everything perfect except for the lyrics, in my opinion; I find them kind of boring. Nonetheless, it was fantastic. Yeah, Lauryn Hill (who hasn't released an album since 1998) and Erykah Badu are the last soul artists really keeping me interested in the genre; Gnarls Barkley kind of counts, but they're too strange to pigeonhole into one genre. Also, I never listened to Animal Collective; how are they?

Yeah, the lyrics are a bit lacking. I still enjoy them, though, since they matter less in such an album. Yeah, Gnarls Barkley is great, but a soul label is too simple for them. You know. :P I absolutely love Animal Collective. They're at least in my top 5 favorite bands. They're really hard to get into, though. You might like them... It's hard to say. You'll have to see for yourself.

"Daisy" by Fang Island

Lyrics are kind of important in country music. Oh well, nevermind. Well, I love the unusual, so chances are I'll enjoy Animal Collective; got any suggestions for me?

"Geek U.S.A.", by The Smashing Pumpkins

I love the dream pop break in this song. It's a total big lipped aligator moment.

Pretty Rave Girl - Nightcore II

I'd disagree that it's a country album, but I know what you mean. Well I finally got into AC becaue of the song "For Reverend Green," but their most accessible album is Merriweather Post Pavilion. If you like that one, go backwards through their albums from there. My favorite album is Strawberry Jam. I need more Smashing Pumpkins...

"A More Perfect Union" by Titus Andronicus.

Alright, it's more of an experimental rock album, but there's no denying the heavy country influence on it. OK then, I'll start with that one; thanks! The Smashing Pumpkins jumped the shark when they went electronic; Billy Corgan may have been a genius, but even geniuses can make mistakes. BIG mistakes.

"I've Seen All Good People", by Yes

Prog-rock is so funny, don't you think?

OUR HOUSE

IN THE MIDDLE OF OUR STREET

Ugh...

"Carey", by Joni Mitchell

that voice <3

Guilty Future - Kitamura Eri

Jumper -- Third Eye Blind

HERE IN MY CAR

I FEEL SAFEST OF ALL

I CAN LOCK UP MY DOORS

IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO LIVE

IN CARS

Sir Duke

--Stevie Wonder

"Fear of a Blank Planet", by Porcupine Tree

Fade into You -- Mazzy Star

This song is so amazing. <3

Eh, there's better dream pop out there.

"Karmacoma", by Massive Attack

Tricky's version is even more haunting.

Johnny Strobe - The Pillows

Sir Duke

--Stevie Wonder

"Wild Horses", by The Rolling Stones

"Take Five", by The Dave Brubeck Quartet

Man, I've really been getting into jazz lately.

A Night in Tunisia -- Dizzy Gillespie

"My Funny Valentine", by Chet Baker

Back